Swapping to a JDM DC5R cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picking up a JDM cluster tomorrow! Can't wait!!
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Re: *Chit Chat Thread*

Why you need the JDM cluster? Haha yours is functional is it not? :P

Comment

But doesn't include the type r decal on it. Shorter red line and more Speedo movement.
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Haha fair enough. Is it roughly the same ks?

Comment

It doesn't matter does it? It takes the km reading off the ecu and display it? Or am I way out of the ballpark here?

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
            It doesn't matter does it? It takes the km reading off the ecu and display it? Or am I way out of the ballpark here?
            not that simple, the km's are on the cluster, not stored on ecu, Flippit on this forum had to get some guy to transfer the k's over for him, its exxy cuz its illegal, i have my cluster sitting in my garage lol, waiting till i get other stuff done first. just letting you know
            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
            Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
            NSEX

Comment

That's what I was afraid of. thanks for letting me know Nathan. I did ask flips but he didn't mention that. I don't know if I should get it anymore.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

*Chit Chat Thread*

That's what I was afraid of. thanks for letting me know Nathan. I did ask flips but he didn't mention that. I don't know if I should get it anymore.
                I'm not sure if it is the same in SA, however my experience, being in VIC, is I purchased the DC5 with a JDM cluster installed by the previous owner. So I would have to do the RWC and transfer of rego with the JDM cluster reading circa 60,000km less than what was last recorded on at VIC roads. (from when it was transferred into the previous owners name) I had no issues at all when I went to register the car.

Which also worries me, that all you had to do to lower the reading of the mileage, was to simply swap the cluster. VICroads didn't tell me that I was registering the car with much lower km than the previous record.

Comment

yea, there's no problems registering it, its just that when i bought the JDM cluster, i have intentions of swapping over the km's on it, cuz flippit did it, and im not afraid of the high k's on the cluster, car is meant for driving.... specially when mine is my daily so, rather keep it legit k's
                  BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                  APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                  NSEX

Comment

But to transfer the km over to the new cluster is an under the table job isn't it? Not a big fan of those. Decided better off not getting one yet

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Personally if it was me, I'd swap the cluster and let it roll on the new, lower km..... I doubt anyone would be like oh btw, can i pay you (insert exxy dollars cuz its illegal) and you make sure the km is the same as my AUDM cluster.... Just buy a jdm clsuter with mega low km and fool the world....
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        Personally if it was me, I'd swap the cluster and let it roll on the new, lower km..... I doubt anyone would be like oh btw, can i pay you (insert exxy dollars cuz its illegal) and you make sure the km is the same as my AUDM cluster.... Just buy a jdm clsuter with mega low km and fool the world....
                        Remind me not to buy your car Alex!
                        Hahahahha!
                        Hahaha

Comment

Re: Swapping to a JDM DC5R cluster

Lool, haha alex, yea, was thinking the same if I could be bothered paying money to swap it =/
                          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                          NSEX

Comment

I'm an honest DC5 owner! All my mods are stealthy and as close to the line as possible. I may reconsider purchasing a cluster at a later date.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Sorry mate I just assumed you knew that my bad!

KMS are stored internally on the Cluster, you have to get them professionally changed, I myself did this as i do not believe in fake kms and have proof (for one day when i sell the car) of kms being restored to original kms (even tho the jdm cluster had 30k more).

Other than that, direct plug and play.
                              S2000
                              WSID : TBA
                              Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                              Smooth As Detailing
                              Incar Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X