X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want so hard...

Comment

Honda NSX fast-tracked to Oz by 2015

Japanese supercar on Honda Australia's 'most-wanted' list, but is still at least two years away from local launch
      Start saving now because Honda's next-generation supercar is tipped to arrive here in 2015.

Expected to be Honda's fastest production car ever, the second-generation NSX will retain its predecessor's mid-mounted V6 engine but, as is the trend with modern supercars, will employ electric motors to improve performance.

Honda Australia Director Stephen Collins says the NSX is a high-priority vehicle for Australia.

"We definitively want it," he said. "It's high on our list".

The first-generation Honda NSX was sold between 1990 and 2005. Almost 150 Australians bought the car, a factor which could fast-track its return.

"We sold NSX previously, reasonably successfully. I think we sold around 150-odd last time round," said Collins. "And it's just an awesome, awesome car. So if we can get it, we'll take it. We're working on that.

"One of the things we're trying to do is minimise the time gap between launches in key markets and launches here. So I'm not sure what the pecking order is but I would certainly be pushing our case, given our history and given the importance of the car to the brand."

Collins confirmed that the car "is still at least a couple of years away", but as we previously reported after talking to car's creator, John Ikeda, right-hand drive versions are in the works.

"It should be available to us, we're just working through the process of making it all add up," said Collins.

Currently in development under the auspices of Honda's premium US brand Acura at Honda's Los Angeles and Ohio studios, the 2015 NSX is slated to be built in Ohio. But despite the car's North American design and manufacture, it is likely to wear Honda badges when it arrives in Australia.

"From time to time we look at Acura in the US and the product they've got, and we try and learn off some of the good things they do. There's always internal discussion, but there's no plan to launch Acura in Australia," said Collins.

The 2015 Honda NSX will follow in the footsteps of the current crop of supercars such as the Ferrari LaFerrai, Porsche 918, McLaren P1, in that it will make use of electric motors to boost performance.

However, the new model is unlikely to match its European rivals' power outputs, tipped to output around 300kW and focussing instead on weight reduction to improve its dynamic abilities.

In a departure from its predecessor's rear-wheel drive layout, the new NSX will be an all-wheel drive speed machine. Its mid-mounted V6 engine will be hooked up to a twin-clutch transmission that drives the rear wheels along with an electric motor, while another pair of electric motors are expected to drive the front wheels -- forming a new Sport Hybrid Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system.

Source
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

they are taking deposits for it in the UK
        Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
        Flickr
        my car blog - Have a read
        my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

An interview with NSX Chief Engineer Ted Klaus.

To creatively paraphrase NSX chief engineer Ted Klaus, the upcoming Acura supercar will be like a Nissan GT-R, but built for drivers.

Exactly what does that mean? In essence it will deliver truly world-class performance without an ultra-exotic price tag. It also will maintain the brand’s core man-machine synergy principle.

More here
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

From today's teleImageUploadedByTapatalk1369358206.259075.jpg
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Good interview with Ted Klaus if you have a spare 15 minutes.

ClubITR | Like

Comment

A Car and Driver interview with Ted Klaus

ClubITR | Like

Comment

It's alive!

ClubITR | Like

Comment

6 seconds of eargasm
                    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                    NSEX

Comment

OK who replayed that clip over 10 times like me ??

Comment

Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                        Flickr
                        my car blog - Have a read
                        my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

I'll be the heretic... I like the old NSX better
                          1988 CRX
                          1999 Integra Type R
                          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

The Super GT NSX!

ClubITR | Like

Comment

^ turbo 4 cylinder with hybrid system

Should be interesting hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Setanta View Post
                                I'll be the heretic... I like the old NSX better
                                I'm like you tooo I'll stick with the old NSX due to technology behind it will be more fun to play around with =)
                                ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Working...
                                X