Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do your parents/family care how much you spend towards your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha. Story of my life as well boys. Why did you think I had to buy a house just to shut everyone up. "At last, you bought a house. Now you can stop spending on the car"...little do they know....

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
      fk u cunts have the life LOL...
      I cop it every fucking day and night...
      why do you spend money for? Your wasting all this money to achieve nothing?
      When you go to sell it, your not going get your money back?
      Missus says to me maybe we should look into buying a new car?

Sigh.. what fuckin nightmares.. i swear
      sounds so familiar,
      and let me tell you, they're never happy,
      a renovated house, a wedding ring, an overseas holiday, a new house to renovate, another overseas holiday,a brand new house, another overseas holiday,a honda crv lux,a baby and a shit load of louis vuitton in between,
      and she still bitches
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
        sounds so familiar,
        a renovated house, a wedding ring, an overseas holiday, a new house to renovate, another overseas holiday,a brand new house, another overseas holiday,a honda crv lux,a baby and a shit load of louis vuitton in between,
        and she still bitches
        Gold.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

when my parents have a cry about spending money on cars (because they see it as awaste) I just say "would you rather me spend it on drugs?". Works everytime then i can freely go and buy something right infront of them
          S2000
          WSID : TBA
          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
          Smooth As Detailing
          Incar Racing

Comment

its actaully quite balanced poll . i didnt think it be that balanced. tbh i thought it more on the YES side.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by flippit View Post
              when My Parents Have A Cry About Spending Money On Cars (because They See It As Awaste) I Just Say "would You Rather Me Spend It On Drugs?". Works Everytime Then I Can Freely Go And Buy Something Right Infront Of Them :d
              +1
              Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
              Flickr
              my car blog - Have a read
              my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                +1
                +2 using that comment next time!

Comment

Originally posted by l__i__l View Post
                  family should care if ur still living at home and mooching of them...

its not fair they hav to compromise on black & gold toilet paper while u sit there deciding which jdm bling to get next!

thats how it was for me so i moved out and now i care
                  ^^^ took the words right outta my mouth.
                  I suppose every family is different though, some parents may give a shit about it whilst others who see past the monetary value (usually rich parents) will try and support their kids as much as possible before they leave the nest.

I answered no, girlfriend is use to my money spending on hobbies. I've spent close to $50,000 on mountain bikes since I've met her, she's totally use to all these new packages arriving and me going for drives to pick things up. She's kinda cool about it too, she's always asking me what it's for, why I bought it and what kind of difference it will make - generally speaking she's quite interested in knowing about all the shiney new things. Apart from the coilovers, she hated them hahaha.

Parents on the other hand, since I've been outta home since I was 18 (25 years old now) I keep them in the dark about finances. Even though I'm financially independent it's easier to say nothing.

Comment

I do get it a bit from my parents, i just don't tell them what i buy As long as i work hard and do well at uni then they generally let me do what i want, my gf is cool about it......mostly

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy View Post
                      ^^^ took the words right outta my mouth.
                      I suppose every family is different though, some parents may give a shit about it whilst others who see past the monetary value (usually rich parents) will try and support their kids as much as possible before they leave the nest.

I answered no, girlfriend is use to my money spending on hobbies. I've spent close to $50,000 on mountain bikes since I've met her, she's totally use to all these new packages arriving and me going for drives to pick things up. She's kinda cool about it too, she's always asking me what it's for, why I bought it and what kind of difference it will make - generally speaking she's quite interested in knowing about all the shiney new things. Apart from the coilovers, she hated them hahaha.

Parents on the other hand, since I've been outta home since I was 18 (25 years old now) I keep them in the dark about finances. Even though I'm financially independent it's easier to say nothing.
                      hmm, fair call mate. im sure you can fit a couple bikes in the boot of the dc5... i love how it is amazingly roomy in there

im really going to be strict on car purchases etc. over the weekend I just got brand new tires up front and bought a lip for my mate.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                        fk u cunts have the life LOL...
                        I cop it every fucking day and night...
                        why do you spend money for? Your wasting all this money to achieve nothing?
                        When you go to sell it, your not going get your money back?
                        Missus says to me maybe we should look into buying a new car?

Sigh.. what fuckin nightmares.. i swear
                        You need to trade that one in guy! A woman that would take something you enjoy from you for the sake of saving some money is honestly not that interested in your happiness. If car purchases are really affecting your finances then it is fair for your significant other to comment, but if your are comfortable then it is pretty mean spirited for someone to tell you to give up something you enjoy because "it is a waste of money". Nearly everything in modern society is a waste of money, many people (I'm guessing most of this forum since we can at least afford internet access) live in a situation where they are free to spend money on whatever useless crap they want that isn't relevant to survival. Modified cars fit into this category.

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                          sounds so familiar,
                          and she still bitches
                          hahahaha it costs alot but dont sound like its some off load that has burdened the credit card just to shut her up
                          Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

P.S not having a go, or insinuating that you have less family values than any of us. Just find it funny!
                            Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              You need to trade that one in guy! A woman that would take something you enjoy from you for the sake of saving some money is honestly not that interested in your happiness. If car purchases are really affecting your finances then it is fair for your significant other to comment, but if your are comfortable then it is pretty mean spirited for someone to tell you to give up something you enjoy because "it is a waste of money". Nearly everything in modern society is a waste of money, many people (I'm guessing most of this forum since we can at least afford internet access) live in a situation where they are free to spend money on whatever useless crap they want that isn't relevant to survival. Modified cars fit into this category.
                              100% true.
                              My parents are more like that, she says that crap when infront of my mum and dad lol... Jumps teams straight away 9 times outta 10... >.>

Comment

Working...
                              X