Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do your parents/family care how much you spend towards your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do your parents/family care how much you spend towards your car?

Hey Guys,

Just wondering out there since we all buy some pretty decent mods for our cars. Does your partner/parents/family/friends ever give you shit for spending too much money/time/attention on your car?

I've included a simple poll with either Yes or No, where a Yes would be you if your partner/parents/family/friends say this on a say basis of at least once a month?

For me, my parents have let me do as I please with my money but are slowly starting to tell me to think of something else. My gf is happy with it but most of the time I do feel guilty I'm given the DC5 a bit too much attention. My work colleagues all think I spend too much time on it - but their not car people, whereas my close circle of friends, we're all into cars.
    Yes
    51.35%
    No
    48.65%
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

wife is constantly bitching bout the parcels that keep turning up and the space they keep taking up in the house(don't have a lot of storage space as my shed resembles a dogs kennel)
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Parents: No. They've got use to it. Both my brothers spend money on there cars, and my dad use spend money on his cars back in the day. Plus my parents know I'm not stupid with my money.
      Girlfriend: lulz... need one first :P previous ones didn't mind... except when I spent heaps... such as the TE37's...
      Friends: surprisingly I dont talk much about my car. I don't really like talking about it. If someone asks a question, I'll answer it then change the topic...

Comment

missus doesnt really say anything. i kinda feel that i've been spending bit too much.
        had planned to set up a budget starting next year Jan haha. something like 10% of salary can be used for buying car parts.

live here in Aus by myself, parents are still overseas so they don't really know.
        as for my sisters, i dont talk about my car so they don't know.

Comment

family should care if ur still living at home and mooching of them...

its not fair they hav to compromise on black & gold toilet paper while u sit there deciding which jdm bling to get next!

thats how it was for me so i moved out and now i care

Comment

well for me, im really needing to separate my money from expenses/savings/car stuff/the girlfriend.

i've inititally done it by just saving $100/fortnight for just my car's rego and insurance each year. im going to further do this by saving 100 or $150 each fortnight strictly for car stuff. i'll be doing that next month hehe.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Yeah when i should be studying instead of looking for parts lol

Comment

Parents: well mum use to when i first bough the car. Now they dont mind as my brother buys a new car every year (sometimes 2 a year) they think im the sensible one who spends money on 1 car..
                Dad loves it.. I remember when DC5R's first came out he took me for a test drive in one. I fell in love.. He always wants me to buy parts for it and he use to spend his days building/racing cars..

Girlfriend: Use to hate how every dollar i made went into the car.. She loves it now. Always wants to be involved in it. BUT i am left with her saying "you know you can put a ring on my finger instead of spend money on the car"
                I know that she will have a ring soon enough.. anything to shut her up.

Family: Brother loves it and always trys to help install parts. I think it was him who did the Injen install LOL. The only thing he hates is my clutch and the stiffness..

Friends: ALL my friend are car nuts and most drive honda's

Comment

Lol

my car, my money, my choice

Comment

Missus doesn't say anything anymore... Because I don't spend anymore on it. Mum quietly flipped when she found out how much I spent - trying to lay on the guilt on me for spending nothing on her, not visiting, etc. So I bought mum a o/s holiday and a pearl neckless to shut her up (she was right, but this should make up for years of missing her b'days and m'days).

Comment

8k in 2 weeks... too much?! lol i dont think so :P i dont regret any of my mods

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
                        8k in 2 weeks... too much?! lol i dont think so :P i dont regret any of my mods
                        That's the spirit!

Comment

still a bit more to spend too haha

Comment

fk u cunts have the life LOL...
                            I cop it every fucking day and night...
                            why do you spend money for? Your wasting all this money to achieve nothing?
                            When you go to sell it, your not going get your money back?
                            Missus says to me maybe we should look into buying a new car?

Sigh.. what fuckin nightmares.. i swear

Comment

No shit.... MYDC5R i think i cop as much shit as you

Comment

Working...
                              X