No announcement yet.

bye-bye szymonsta's dc2r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh sorry to hear about the incident mate, at least you came out of it relatively unscathed (physically).

All the best ay.
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

You reckon it was a little dewey/wet szy? it was late at night.. and in those valleys the air is pretty moist... that and worn Semis..

that's two friends of mine who have had serious accidents due to wetness and worn tyres... your lucky szy.. beau couldnt talk for a month and has ongoing medical issues..

message to the others out there.. if its even damp.. forget about having "fun" on the road imo!

Comment

damn....... yeah i learnt the hard way to. Do you get scared driving now?
        k20A DC2R

Comment

Wow... cars are replaceable, but people aren't! Glad your okay mate.

I lost my back end randomly this morning on the way to work... and I can tell you after seeing this post, I will start driving even more sensibly that I normally do - which is very slow and sensible.

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

whoa! im sorry for your lost ... glad to hear that you're ok.
            very lucky indeed!t
            thanks for sharing your story with us. i hope it will keep other in check when driving in ALL CONDITIONS!

Comment

sorry to hear mate...like everyone said, at least you made it through. now im scared of goin on mountain runs...and i was going on one with a couple of mates next weekend
              183.2KW ATW
              BUILT BY DR HONDA
              Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                You reckon it was a little dewey/wet szy? it was late at night.. and in those valleys the air is pretty moist... that and worn Semis..

that's two friends of mine who have had serious accidents due to wetness and worn tyres... your lucky szy.. beau couldnt talk for a month and has ongoing medical issues..

message to the others out there.. if its even damp.. forget about having "fun" on the road imo!
                wasnt wet at all. totally dry. could have been some dirt/sand/gravel/leaves/oil on the road though but impossible to tell..generally it was a clear road, nuthn obvious..
                "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Lesson Learn, 100% absorbtion!
                  So Hot & Deadly

Comment

man im really sorry to hear the bad news... it really is a shame, but im glad that you are ok, couldve been much much worse... i always liked the stance of your car...

it just goes to show it can happen to any of us anytime...

Comment

holy fuc* that is in SA and those workshop photos were taken at my uncle's workshop lol small world. sorry to hear about the car though. my uncle said you were looking to sell it cos i think it might have been you who got defected. Its a crushing blow to see the car like that but you unlike others managed to walk away. i live in the hills and have seen many cars some unstuck for what seems to be no reason. the street is unpredicatble and no one is immune as this shows. but as szymonsta will confirm hearing 8500 rpm bellowing off of the gorge road valley rock walls is something else. so i guess the moral is be effing careful so we can all keep our R's rubber side down
                      Last edited by skonas; 26-05-09, 12:14 PM.
                      When a man see the tarmac he feel it gorgeous senual and essentiall to hit the joyful apex. that's a R

Comment

Wow szy, I never thought I'd see the day - Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident and glad that you're still in one piece. Looks like the R gave it's life to save yours.

Thanks for sharing your story, hope you're back in the drivers seat with your new toy soon.
                        j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
                        Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
                        faijai: rg + awp = gg
                        hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
                        rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

thankyou for the replies and support guys.really.

just watching an old hot version vid the other day, remembered something that happened to yasuyuki kazama in the spoon k20 ek9:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny3NqpPm2j0
                          (watch from about 1:10)
                          kind of mirror-image that weight-transfer oversteer situation, reminds me a little of my incident.

anyway its been a few months now, really missing my old '2R
                          hope you are all enjoying yours

Comment

Sad ending to the story mate. Glad you lived to tell the tale. Cheers

Are you replacing it with another or moving onto something else?
                            David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                            '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                            '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Had a massive moment myself on the weekend Syz, *hot* into a corner around the gillies ranges in north queensland (coming back down) and had to stick a wheel into the gutter (on the inside where road drops off) to keep the car tracking around the corner.. I love the ability to bring the rear around in tight corners to help rotate the car, but in 3rd it was a bit too close for comfort this time -- time for new tires.. *wipes forehead*..

Whats the story with the claim? Did you buy the car back at Auction for parts?

Also out of interest had you upgraded your rear sway bar?

Comment

i have a bl5 liberty GT at the moment.
                                didnt buy the car back for parts but there was some nice stuff still on there, probably useable.
                                never changed the swaybars, only suspension changes were zeal function coilovers and vision camber adj. kits..

Comment

Working...
                                X