No announcement yet.

bye-bye szymonsta's dc2r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy shitt, glad ur alright man, that looks nasty.

at least ur alright

did u get paid out alright tho?

Comment

wow.

as everyone else has said, glad your safe and healthy from that.
      looks like a nasty roll

thanks for opening up about what happened

Comment

Sorry to hear what happened to your car, Glad to see you are ok and the speedy recovery. Thank you for sharing this to us and remind us how important to drive safe on the road especially our car can be a quiet dangerous weapon if we don't know how to handle it. Like a lot of ppl tell me when I 1st got my car "With greater power, you will have greater responsibility!" GL with ur next car and post some pic when you get it.
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

^^^ just like in spiderman ftw!

glad to see your didnt suffer major injuries. and prop's for taking the time to write it out. it takes alot to write stuff like that on a forum. all the best with your future car'.

live and learn. im sure there will be alot of 'unseen' great results in the future from this thread and the people who took the time to read it.

all the best
          antz

Comment

sorry to hear about your car, and happy to hear you are fine!!!

could you perhaps explain more how the crash happened? i am still confused as to how it occurred? you were under the speed limit? but going around a bend and slid?

was it oversteer? then one or two tyres hit the verge? or did you 4-tyre drift off the road into the ditch?

please don't answer if you don't want to!!! or if you don't feel it will help us understand how to prevent this in our own drives...
            ... retired/

Comment

very sad indeed. but good to know u're fine which is the most important.

Comment

advice taken, will think of you when I'm thinking of going on a spirited drive.
                Blaze Orange

Comment

Sorry to hear abt your loss and thank you for sharing your personal story...

I always remember your DC2 from that photo in the super clean workshop

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    sorry to hear about your car, and happy to hear you are fine!!!

could you perhaps explain more how the crash happened? i am still confused as to how it occurred? you were under the speed limit? but going around a bend and slid?

was it oversteer? then one or two tyres hit the verge? or did you 4-tyre drift off the road into the ditch?

please don't answer if you don't want to!!! or if you don't feel it will help us understand how to prevent this in our own drives...
                    heyya tinks
                    the speed limit in that area is 80, however an average motorist would be putting along at 50-60kmh and slowing down to 20-40 on the corners.
                    at the time of the incident i beleive i was probably doing 60-70, where a safer speed would have been perhaps 30 around that series of bends..
                    i was familiar with the road and the car was capable of a much faster pace along that stretch of road without even a chirp from the tyres.
                    i dont know why, i think the back stepped out, perhaps some gravel/grease on the road. the s-tyres were fairly worn but shoudlnt have been a factor on this dry road.. so yes it oversteered. i wound on opposite lock and hit the brakes, seeing there was too little room for anything but slamming on the brakes (some advanced driving course advice!) but the trajectory was set and i felt like a helpless passenger from that moment on tbh.
                    it was like slow motion and i remember thinking to myself 'bullshit. as if im going to have an accident. im not even going that fast. as if this is happening. there is no waythat should have happened. then there was the slow, sickening crunch and teh car started rolling and again i remember thinking 'bullshit. no way. itsgoing to be a SERIOUS accident. i cant beleive this is happening'.
                    so yeah not a pleasant experience. hope that clarifies the situation.
                    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

thanks for all the comments guys, appreciated
                      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident and loss off your DC2R. Always admired what you did to the car! But the good thing is that you weren't injured badly from the accident! Maybe another DC2R later on down the track?

Comment

sorry about the later post but
                          bl on the accident.

Comment

Fuggin nasty dude.. Sad to see another DC2R gone, but atleast your alright..

Subaru liberty GT sounds like a good plan, they're nice..

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by justinfox
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Ah man, thats unfortunate to lose such a loved car. At least you came out better than expected.

Very interesting read and gives a good insight on what dangers are there when not being aware and not careful. On the bright side at least it shows type r's are a well built car under these circumstances.
                              Good luck with your next car.

Comment

Sorry to hear... All the best with the new car! I found having turbo AWD makes you feel even more confident - more reason to take it carefully as it's so easy to want to push it more and more.
                                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                                http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Working...
                                X