• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAAXED View Post
    Here you go Tom:

FARK!

Comment

Whoa! Mine never cracked that bad. It might be time, as Eddy suggests, to try a higher quality rotor .

Comment

Wow... Thats some pretty good crack right there.

When I was looking at rotors, I considered getting in some Brembo blanks from the states for around $300AUD/pair. Maybe that might be an option...?
        Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Do you think perhaps its more of a cooling problem your having with your rotors ??

I would try some DBA 4000's with perhaps some cooling mods.
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

yeh maybe I should do some DIY cooling ducts, I really just CBF haha...too bad the s2k doesn't have OEM brake cooling ducts like the dc5r

I was pretty surprised to see how big the cracks were myself, I should have checked them after each session...

It was my first time using the PMU HC+ pads as well, I was told by numerous people that they are more rotor friendly haha...previously I was using Endless CC-R pads which cracked a set of OEM rotors I had a while back...
            Convertible Type R

Comment

Wow, those cracks are bad!!

Comment

yeh maybe I should do some DIY cooling ducts, I really just CBF haha...too bad the s2k doesn't have OEM brake cooling ducts like the dc5r

I was pretty surprised to see how big the cracks were myself, I should have checked them after each session...

It was my first time using the PMU HC+ pads as well, I was told by numerous people that they are more rotor friendly haha...previously I was using Endless CC-R pads which cracked a set of OEM rotors I had a while back...
                OEM rotors with HC+ or CC-R pads are big no!

Get either project mu or app 2 piece rotors will be your best bet

Comment

I think I need to use some of that advice too, maybe next time!

btw can I ask what kind of rotors you guys use??

it's too bad that I didn't bring those CC-R pads for you Vincent!
                  Dun remind me about that Johno. Wasted half a track day.

I think I have a different perspective on your problem Johno. But firstly I need to ask what rear brake pads are you using?

Comment

awesome pics, and great lap times

Comment

just so you know, pads dont crack rotors,

rapid heating and cooling is what cracks rotors (i.e. the driver is responsible most times...)
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        just so you know, pads dont crack rotors,

rapid heating and cooling is what cracks rotors (i.e. the driver is responsible most times...)
                        Thats right, pads wil wear or score your rotors, it is the rotors ability to handle the heat which will be the issue.

Comment

FARK! again?
                          I thought all AU-DC5R's came with cooling ducks?
                          JDM rules again
                          or are you driving S2000?

Comment

he is driving the red s2k mario......

What you plan to get next johnno....?

Vin.....rear pads are not that important.......my IDI rear pads already last me 8+ trackdays plus 2 years street driving.....still have 2/3 left........
                            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                            1)ブレーキを踏む
                            2)クラッチを切る
                            3)シフトダウンしなから、
                              アクセルをぶかす
                            4)クラッチをつなぐ
                            :blah:
                            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                              FARK! again?
                              I thought all AU-DC5R's came with cooling ducks?
                              JDM rules again
                              or are you driving S2000?
                              Cooling ducks?

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                              he is driving the red s2k mario......

What you plan to get next johnno....?

Vin.....rear pads are not that important.......my IDI rear pads already last me 8+ trackdays plus 2 years street driving.....still have 2/3 left........
                              As you say he is in an S2k which has a significantly more rearward weight balance compared to a DC5. The rear brakes will do proportionally more work. I am also not sure what significance this has to his front rotors cracking.

I have done 12 track days on one set of rear pads .

Comment

LOL,
                                cooling DUCTS

Comment

Working...
                                X