DC5R - S2000. Joining the crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you find the Cusco 4point cage?

Car looks good. Love hte OEM rear bootlid also. I plan on getting one for mine eventually.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Car is sitting nicely

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed updates. Been busy with work and haven't had time to keep the build up to date
        Going to start this update with a negative, I got defected on the way home from work, on the 27th of December 2014, which ment I couldn't get a rwc because all the mechanics were closed for Christmas break! I would've been without the car for the whole Christmas break

Took the car out for a drive to rye for a weekend away, stopped by Arthur's seat, what a view

Next I got a photoshoot done with some of the s2000 boys

I've had my Recaro sr4 sitting at home for a while and was just waiting on the rails, and one day after work I came home to this

Interior looks much better now and I've missed sitting in Recaros because that's what I had in the dc5, imo way more comfortable then the stock s2000 seats. They came just in time too because I was preparing for the s2000s first track day. After shitting bricks from the defect, my next set of wheels were something that didn't cause cop attention and that would sit in the guards since that's what really gets their attention. I sold the TE37 and opted for some CE28s, 17x8+40 & 9+40 in bronze. I've always thought bronze on black would be a good combo and I love it.

WINTON TRACKDAY:

What a day it was, headed up early that morning to Winton. I knew the s2000 was a fun car but it surprised me, the difference between this and my dc5r was very noticeable, I could just chuck it into the corners and it would just grip all the way through, I could also put the power down earlier exiting the corners as well. Wasn't expecting too much on the day as I was just going to test the car out, I had shitty daily driven tyres on the car, but still pretty happy that I ended up with a 1:47.5, which I'm quite happy with, my pb with the DC5R was a 1:45, and with some good tyres the s2000 can easily achieve that, so I can't wait for the next day. Biggest thing I noticed throughout the day was the 4.77 final drive, I was able to stay in the powerband through the corners, I went in a couple of friends s2000s that day as well and they drop in and out of vtec through the corners, which made it feel slow accelerating out of the corners. Couple photos from the day, I've got some go pro footage I will upload soon, I like the last shot as its a picture of me overtaking my brother haha, that sibling rivalry.

After the Trackday I wanted to give the car a well deserved break and TLC, as I've been dailying it for the past couple months. My brother who is OCD decided to help me claybar and polish my car, there were a lot of streak marks from the previous owner, looks like he was washing the car with a dirty mit or something. I let my brother work his magic and boom, he mange to get it all out! So happy with the results!

I'm the kind of person that doesn't understand the point of a daily, you should buy a car and drive it, use it everyday, not to park it up in the garage and take it out on weekends. But a couple weeks ago I went against everything I just said and bit the bullet, it was up for $800 with rego and everything as is so I said why not, since my brother doesn't like driving his car everyday as well, I thought this would be a good present for us

It is a 92 Civic EG, came with heaps of extras including genuine TE37s, exhaust, lip kit and dc2r interior bits.
        Don't worry guys this isn't the end of the s2000, it won't be parked in the garage and only used on weekends, I will still drive it whenever I can and whenever my brother uses the eg
        Finally since it's not longer my daily I can buy some nice wheels, I'll just leave this here, til next time guys
        S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

ooooooooh very nice

Comment

very veyr nice. concave TE37!!!!!

what specs.. im getting into wheel fitment for my s2k now too. so gotta see what hieght, camber, tyre sies, wheel specas and waht u done to guards to make it all fit!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

your te37 17x9.5+30. what tyres did u run. what were ur camber front and rear? and waht was done to guards?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                your te37 17x9.5+30. what tyres did u run. what were ur camber front and rear? and waht was done to guards?
                My car is flared and pulled to the max, that's why I could run that, I don't think you'd be able to run that with stock guards. Front -2.5, Rear camber was -3 and tyres were 235/45

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Wow thanks. Im looking at runninh 17x9.5+35 on 255/40/17. -3 deg all around and max pull flare
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Time to bring this thread up to date
                    As you saw from my last post guys, I have bought some new wheels. Ever since my DC5R my all time favourite wheel combo would have to be concaved Bronze TE37s, and finally after going through all types of wheels and two sets of flat faced TE37s I've gotten what I've always wanted

As the condition isn't perfect I got them for a steal of a price as well. Fitment wise I was still unsure as they had 235/45 tyres on them and at the time my car was quite low. This was the result

Stranded in my driveway and unable to drive the car as I was already late for work haha. I have since changed to different tyre sizes to get them fitting properly and functional, so now my car was finally taking shape from what I had first imagined for the car

Next was onto another aspect of the car that I wanted to change from day one, the exhaust. Don't get me wrong the Fujitsubo Legalis R is a fantastic exhaust. For daily needs it is perfect. Nice and subtle when cruising and soaring loud on WOT. But I've always wanted a Js Racing exhaust, I just love the roar and angry sound it gives. The day came when my friend decided to sell his Js Racing 70RS Titanium, so I sold my Fujitsubo and picked it up for little to nothing!

Can't get over how nice the welds look, pure quality. And finally how light it is. I could pick it up with one finger, needed two of us to pick up the Fujitsubo haha.

I'm so happy with where my car is at the moment. This build was purely to build that has the comfortability to be used as a daily but also the ability to tackle track days. I've done most of the things that I originally wanted to do, here on out will be to maintain the car and hit a couple of track days throughout the year. At the end of the day I am only a student, juggling work and uni so I can't pour everything into the car.
                    Until next time. Here are some photos of the car atm

And finally recent meet with some of the close s2000 boys here in Melbourne

Things I hope to get done in the next month,
                    - respray front bar and install asm front lip
                    - new tyres
                    - toda tct
                    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

so nice man. te37 looking real good!

Comment

You have literally been through every type of wheel hey? Hahaha!

Looks great dude, good to hear you're enjoying it
                        Shak's S2000

Comment

so nice!!!

Comment

Wanna see what you can do with this on the track soon!

Comment

Bored at work so time for another update [emoji2]

As I've said in the past TE37 are my dream wheels, so i never thought i would consider selling them. But it was slowly daunting me that the paint was pretty bad and was un fixable as you can't respray to the original Rays Anodised Bronze and that the rash around the wheel was pretty bad. I decided to sell them and was surprised with how quickly they sold and was happy with the price that i let them go for.
                              I haven't got any stock wheels so used my friends CE28s in the mean time.
                              (Last pic of my TE37s )

Since I wasn't driving the car much at the time, i decided to replace my TCT with a TODA equivalent i bought a couple months back as the dreaded TCT rattle started to appear. Relatively basic and easy thanks to a guide that Ben wrote up, thanks for that [emoji2]
                              Rattle is now pretty much gone and car idles smoothly

While i was still pondering about what wheels to buy next, i decided to test fit a friend of mines RE30s in 17x8.5 +30 with 235 ADO8R all round. Was actually surprised with the fitment, really happy because for once i actually had some good tyres and functional fitment.

Next up was some bad news, was about to drive home after a night out in the city when I heard a weird noise from the engine bay. Immediately pulled over and opened the bonnet to see what the issue was.

Boom, one of the pulleys failed causing the bearing inside to collapse. I was pretty shocked as these were upgraded to T1R ligthweight pulleys so was surprised that they failed so soon. After doing some research as i never understood why people upgrade pullleys in the first place, i realised that this was a common problem amongst this brand, so hired a trailer and towed the car to the mechanics. Thanks to the boys that made their way up at that time of night to tow my car with me.
                              Decided to replace the aftermarket pulleys with an OEM set as there was nothing wrong with OEM in the first place.

After waiting patiently on finding the right set of wheels i came across these.....

Absolutely mint 17x9 +22 TE37s in Bronze, previous owner had them for around 10 years and barely used them and for the price he had them up for, they were a steal!
                              Problem was they were in another state, but after talking to the owner he agreed to pay for the shipping. Received them in 2 days so was pleased with the service and how he packaged them!
                              Used a shopping trolley to pick them up as it was too hard to roll one by one through a shopping centre to the car haha

This is how the car sits atm. Need more camber at the front as they are poking a bit too much for my liking.
                              The condition was amazing for wheels of this age, not one scratch!

Was slightly confused at this stage as another set of wheels I've been eyeing popped up for sale, Rays TE37SL in 17 9.5 +28, so a little more functional fitment as you can run a wider size tyre.
                              I was really happy with the way they sat and the fact that i could fit a wider size tyre on them, because at the end of the day, i want this car to be functional, not only to look good but to also perform as I've been thinking of a few track days coming in the upcoming months so I've changed my perspective on what I want out of the car.

My friend ended up buying these so I'll have to make my setup work with my current wheels.
                              Next update will be some TLC that the car deserves and a few track inspired modifications.
                              S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

you ballin too hard huy !
                                IG: tonytr

Comment

Working...
                                X