My Yellow DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Yellow DC2R

Hey guys, dont think I've made an introduction on this forum yet and I’m bored right now so I'll make one lol. I'm Danny and this is my yellow DC2R.

Before this car I had a BB6 Prelude but I kinda got bored of it since it was an auto (red Ps) so I sold it and drove my mum’s corolla for about 1 and half years. Heres a pic of my old car before it went to new owner - didn’t really do much to it besides some minor things like k&n filter, headunit, clear side markers, etc

I always wanted a S2000 but they were too expensive and out of my budget so I started to look for something else instead. Started looking at DC5R but couldn’t find a good one so I gave up after awhile. Then I stumbled across some awesome DC2R builts on ozhonda, clubitr, etc so started looking for one but it had to be yellow so I held out for like 7 months to find one lol. Heres a pic when I got it – all stock except unknown sri, cheap headunit, amp, missing decals & bolts and yeah…

For the last 8 months, I haven’t really done much to it because saving for a holiday next year so just did a few minor things here and there

Replaced all missing bolts, nuts and decals (some pic of them). I also removed the amp and all the messy wirings

Got myself a S2K antenna, pioneer headunit and some better speakers (im not that big on audio as long as it has the usb port and plays mp3 sall good with me LOL)

Then got an injen cai from a member on ozhonda and also a 6000K HID kit

Car reached 100,000kms so I did a major service and also replaced my oem clutch with an exedy sports organic clutch cause it was almost gone

The stock height was kinda high for my liking so I lowered it. Got myself a set of buddyclub N+ coilovers thanks to jdmyard and also picked up an oem optional rear strut bar

Repping Clubitr & Carsforhope

Here a pic of it at jdmyard meet yesterday with a few clubitr members

And that’s all I’ve done up until now…
    Last edited by DTN; 03-01-12, 06:32 PM.

Hey man, sweet car and colour! I might be a tad bias..?

Mods sound sweet, maybe a mugen intake would be better?

I have the mugen intake ~ Toda Header and Fujutisubo RM01A Exhaust.

Its a sweet combo!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

thanks mate, yeahh yellow ftw lol. I actually like the polished piping of the injen better tbh but i guess we'll see later. Yeah cant wait to start with the mods but first gotta do a major service as 100k kms is approaching and then might have to replace my stock clutch soon as well thinking of getting an exedy sports organic, it felt nice on my friend's ep3

Comment

nice car mate and your only just approaching 100k now!! im approaching 6 digits soon too

Gluck with your modifications

Comment

Major service should be completed at 80,000km or 5 years.

Quote:
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Nice pick up! my mate has a mint mint mint yellow dc2r also. had very tasteful mods. Unfortunately a random t-boned into him and it was see ya later lol. This is a nice clean car. Since the DC2R are old now, with the addition of the legacy of this car; have you ever considered just keeping it as a clean, stock example? Also regarding the INJEN CAI, i would prefer the polished look, as in the B18 - the pipe is obviously visiable. In contrast to the k series, it doenst matter if u get polish or black - you cant see it LOL. One thing I never understood by Honda was when they released the DC2R - the only included the front lip. Still keeping it stock, i would defiantely source the side skirts/rear pods!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

welcome
              ... retired/

Comment

Sweeeet ride mate

It was the yellow DC2R that start my love for the INTEGRA's

Comment

thanks guy! damn sorry to hear about your mates dc2r plaything i'd probably cry after if it happened to me LOL. Yeah im on the lookout for a polished injen cai atm as well hopefully can find a 2nd hand one for decent price . Yeah Honda should've included the optional sides and pods with the dc2r but i guess they have to think of some more ways to empty our wallets further haha. Probably look into comestics later down the track it looks good as it is, just needs lowering asap lol.

Comment

get the best mod u can, dont go cheap on a dc2r =)

Comment

Was bored so updated first post on my car

Comment

sup danny!! what was your mates name who was at the bbq
                        Shak's S2000

Comment

Looks awesome lowered, you lowered it the perfect amount.

Oh yeah and good place for the CITR sticker. (same place I stuck mine) Ftw!

Quote:

Comment

saw you drive off on saturday.
                            car looked soooo clean!!

Comment

This is one of the cleanest yellow dc2r's going around. Was lucky to drive for like 30secs xD. Cant wait to see the finishing product danny. We should have a pho meet like you said xD
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X