Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Comment

Great work mate! Love it!

Comment

Sweet ride

Comment

Amazing car. Makes me drool

Originally posted by Batchy View Post
          The sound 'deadening' make much of a difference?
          I'm also interested in this. I used it temporarily once but only did the boot so I can't say how effective it is. However, I am now using Acoustic Foam and it has proven to be a great solution to reducing cabin noises and exhaust drones

Comment

Originally posted by aTR View Post
            Amazing car. Makes me drool

I'm also interested in this. I used it temporarily once but only did the boot so I can't say how effective it is. However, I am now using Acoustic Foam and it has proven to be a great solution to reducing cabin noises and exhaust drones
            I'll be dead honest. I personally think its quieten'd the cabin down. However, having said that, its quite heavy. I'm tempted to rip the boot sound deadening out. I think the acoustic foam may be a better option and also present lighter. The sound deadening adhesives to the surface and changes the resonating frequency of the object, hence enhancing the sound quality of the in car audio. Only reason I did it was because my partner can't stand the cabin noise, however I believe alot of it is originating from the hasport 62a mounts. I didn't get a chance to measure before and after.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
              I'll be dead honest. I personally think its quieten'd the cabin down. However, having said that, its quite heavy. I'm tempted to rip the boot sound deadening out. I think the acoustic foam may be a better option and also present lighter. The sound deadening adhesives to the surface and changes the resonating frequency of the object, hence enhancing the sound quality of the in car audio. Only reason I did it was because my partner can't stand the cabin noise, however I believe alot of it is originating from the hasport 62a mounts. I didn't get a chance to measure before and after.
              Acoustic Foam is very light imo. My entire car is practically stuffed with it and I'd estimate under 5kgs was only put on. The Acoustic Foam was able to rid most of my cabin noises for me on a very noticeable level and it also did enhance the audio properties also, as it removed alot of the resonance surrounding the car, providing a more crisp sound. Its quite cheap online on places like Ebay. Only problem is that it may absorb water which can cause it to smell but that hasn't happened to me as of yet.

Comment

Very special build truley one of it's kind.

Any photo's of the S2000 next to your car Norm?
                Moiz
                無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Originally posted by aTR View Post
                  Acoustic Foam is very light imo. My entire car is practically stuffed with it and I'd estimate under 5kgs was only put on. The Acoustic Foam was able to rid most of my cabin noises for me on a very noticeable level and it also did enhance the audio properties also, as it removed alot of the resonance surrounding the car, providing a more crisp sound. Its quite cheap online on places like Ebay. Only problem is that it may absorb water which can cause it to smell but that hasn't happened to me as of yet.
                  Yeh, would be interesting to get the weight of my car now. Also, you did point out a good point that the foam may absorb water. What the OEM Honda does is wrap it in plastic, which then again defeats the purpose of all those little small pockets of spaces to reduce the sound waves.

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
                  Very special build truley one of it's kind.

Any photo's of the S2000 next to your car Norm?
                  Here are some.

Comment

Reminds me so much of the Amuse PowerHouse S2000. It must have been an honour to park next to your custom R Norm
                    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Yeh, would be interesting to get the weight of my car now. Also, you did point out a good point that the foam may absorb water. What the OEM Honda does is wrap it in plastic, which then again defeats the purpose of all those little small pockets of spaces to reduce the sound waves.
                      I highly recommend using acoustic foam. From personal experience, it shouldn't leak into the foam as long as the car isn't leaking anywhere though I can't say this is applicable for all applications. Personally speaking, I found that the sound deadening materials like Dynomat did somewhat reduce cabin noise but enhanced the low frequency of other sounds such as the exhaust noise produced from my Spoon N1. The Acoustic foam reduced low to high frequency sounds significantly (for me personally).

Comment

Wow sick looking s2k

Comment

Its been awhile since I've updated. Haven't had too much to do with the car other than ordering and receiving my APR front splitter and getting some minor paint issues sorted out. Here is a pic of the splitter. Hopefully will be installing it sometime in the coming weeks. I am also in the process of getting my engineering certification so there are a few things to address as well.

Comment

Its been awhile since I've updated. Haven't had too much to do with the car other than ordering and receiving my APR front splitter and getting some minor paint issues sorted out. Here is a pic of the splitter. Hopefully will be installing it sometime in the coming weeks. I am also in the process of getting my engineering certification so there are a few things to address as well.

Hey Norm,

Is that standard size available or you gave them the dimensions?
                            ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

I had a friend in the US with the same Buddyclub kit trace his bumper on a cardboard and send it to them.

Comment

Yeah nice one mate..

Comment

Working...
                                X