Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norm - Perth DC5R

Wow. Looks gorgeous. I'm a slight jealous.

Comment

Norm, the car looks amazing! Well done!
      Also, did you notice the middle of your guards towards your doors had some flexing in them aswell? Did the guys fix this? If so, how'd they go about it?
      Where abouts in the bumper did they stiffen it up?

Comment

Great work Norm, the colour looks great! Awesome choice, it will really show the nice lines of the car and kit.

Comment

Amazing just amazing
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
            Wow. Looks gorgeous. I'm a slight jealous.
            Thanks. Aim for a project, and find a way to fund it! Let the project be your fuel to advance your career or work harder! Thats what how I could become a car enthusiast.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
            Norm, the car looks amazing! Well done!
            Also, did you notice the middle of your guards towards your doors had some flexing in them aswell? Did the guys fix this? If so, how'd they go about it?
            Where abouts in the bumper did they stiffen it up?
            When you say middle of the guards and flexing, is this when your closing and opening the door? What they did do is weld on a square tube unto the chasis which protrudes out towards the fender. It sits right behind the front fenders so there is no flex when it is pressed. I was also fortunate enough that this kit was built with fibreglasss with reinforced carbon fibre. I'll take a picture and show you next time but it might be too late. I hope this helps.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Great work Norm, the colour looks great! Awesome choice, it will really show the nice lines of the car and kit.
            Thanks Tom. I to be honest haven't had time to admire the colour. There are still some imperfections on the car which will be ironed out the next time i'm back. It still needs a cut and buff as a final touch.

Originally posted by Hau View Post
            Amazing just amazing
            Thanks dude.

Comment

Thanks Norm, if you could, please get the picture to me ASAP, i still have plenty of time left and what you have described is exactly what i'm talking about =)
              Great work once again boss!

Comment

Sorry I've been busy driving the NSX around so I've just found some time to check the pics. That looks amazing!!!

Good work WA boss.
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Re: Norm - Perth DC5R

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                  Sorry I've been busy driving the NSX around so I've just found some time to check the pics. That looks amazing!!!

Good work WA boss.
                  I KNEW IT. No use hiding it now Felix. The world must know of your nsx
                  Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Beyondcustom have uploaded some pics of my cars painting process. Hopefully i'll be able to get the original sizes and then edit this post. In the mean time enjoy. They can be found in this page http://beyondcustom.com.au/?page_id=2483

The rest of the parts are still at the shop awaiting painting.
                    Last edited by Norm; 17-02-13, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Redonkulous. That front lip is custom?
                      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Yes!
                        Now we are talking
                        Hows the motor coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                          Redonkulous. That front lip is custom?
                          lol, that front lip is not custom. It is part of the Buddyclub WTCC 9 piece bodykit. Have a read http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...th-DC5R/page22

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                            Yes!
                            Now we are talking
                            Hows the motor coming along?
                            Not doing anything to the motor. Just have the k24 sitting there. I'd like to get the bodykit sorted and the k20 back in. The k20 engine has only done 70k's. Plus I have other important financial priorities haha. I've got a wedding to save up for. I will slowly build the k24 along the way

Comment

Good to see those progress pics like that.
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

That is one mean kit. Truth be told, the brochure image isn't as appealing as your photos Norm. Seriously considering one now. How much did you pay for it?

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Working...
                                X