No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl your offst is too high and on full lock u are proably scrubbing inner rim against the struts.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      Carl your offst is too high and on full lock u are proably scrubbing inner rim against the struts.
      Nope. It's not that sort of noise. I know what that sort of noise is lol... It's not on full lock, it's on dips of the road coming from the wheel archs

Comment

Whats your wheel/tyre spec? Could it possibly be rubbing on the part where the inner guard attaches to the actual chassis? Mine will rub slightly, and require abit of grinding as I want to somewhat retain a fender guard. Stones and pebbles do my head in and eat away at the kit over time.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
          Whats your wheel/tyre spec? Could it possibly be rubbing on the part where the inner guard attaches to the actual chassis? Mine will rub slightly, and require abit of grinding as I want to somewhat retain a fender guard. Stones and pebbles do my head in and eat away at the kit over time.

Norm
          17x9.5 +28 Front, 245/40/17 (from memory)

Comment

I visited the paint shop today to drop off the rocker cover for painting. Here are some updates so far.

The car should be ready by this saturday. I will be bringing it back to the paint shop once i've returned all the engine bay items for a final cut and buff.

Norm
            Last edited by Norm; 06-02-13, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
              17x9.5 +28 Front, 245/40/17 (from memory)
              It might be rubbing against the chassis's rear fender guard spot. But I could also be wrong as people in the past have run that sort of offset and width before with no issue.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                It might be rubbing against the chassis's rear fender guard spot. But I could also be wrong as people in the past have run that sort of offset and width before with no issue.

Norm
                The rear is 17x8.5 +25..

Comment

I won't keep it a secret anymore. The colour code is Platinum White: NH609P. It is a creamier white compared to the Grand Prix White: NH-565. This colour is also featured on Vyets s2k. The colour of Vyets S2k was simply too stunning to miss. I had ran through almost 12 different colours through my mind from laguna blue to lambo grey, but JDM Pearl White was too good to miss.

To some, it may come across as a slight ivory colour, and may even come across as a yummy vanilla ice-cream white. I saw it in person tonight for the first time, and I must say it looks amazing. I can't wait to have the car back tomorrow so I can slowly piece it together. It is defiantly a unique colour. I did not expect it to be this distinctly different from CW but it is and I love it. So here are some pics for you guys to admire.

Good news too, is the rear guards fitted well to the rear bumper. So even though there might be a slight chance of it ever slightly forming a gap, the chances are very slim as I have been told. Lets pray that it stays on forever.

Once this bodywork is complete, I will try to write a thorough process to recap and let others learn if they ever attempt on such scale of bodywork.

Norm
                  Last edited by Norm; 09-02-13, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Beautiful. Keen to see the recap!

Comment

Wow. Just wow. This is going to look amazing
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes Norm yes... I love it
                        Shak's S2000

Comment

Fkn win!!!!!
                          Awesome Stuff Norm!
                          Very well done. I thought you were originally going to stay Nighthawk Black

Oh, also, how'd you go with that Rear bumper issue on the flares?
                          Last edited by MYDC5R; 09-02-13, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Re: Norm - Perth DC5R

Looking the goods Norm, white is such a fantastic colour great choice, will look awesome when it's back together!

Comment

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
                              Beautiful. Keen to see the recap!
                              Will be awhile till the recap. Just go the car back and I'm itching to piece it together. Only problem is I fly out for work tomorrow =/

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                              Wow. Just wow. This is going to look amazing
                              Thanks dude. It does look amazing.

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                              Yes Norm yes... I love it
                              Thanks Shakeel.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                              Fkn win!!!!!
                              Awesome Stuff Norm!
                              Very well done. I thought you were originally going to stay Nighthawk Black

Oh, also, how'd you go with that Rear bumper issue on the flares?
                              The rear bumper blended in well. Like I say, only time will tell. I wouldn't go back to NHB, the maintenance in keeping it clean was ridiculous.

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
                              Looking the goods Norm, white is such a fantastic colour great choice, will look awesome when it's back together!
                              Thanks man. Its more of an ivory white the more I look at it. But nonetheless, no other person has this colour for sure!

Norm

Comment

Just got the car towed back. A sigh of relief!

Now two things I will mention. Two brackets were made and bolted to the chasis to the front bumper. This was to reduce the play it had in regards to fibreglass flexing. It is now very solid.

The rear guards fitted well to the rear bumper. Only time will tell whether they hold up.

Finally, home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
                                X