No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious business going on there Norm. Great to see some progress with the build

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    Mugsee could confirm, but the stock AC hoses fit fine on his car with a K24 with RBC.
    Stock AC hoses fit with on a DC5 with a K24 and RBC.
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
      Have you disconnected the fuel line from the fuel rail?

I put my fuel lines in a cup, and it just stopped.

As for A/C, I removed the pipe going to the condenser, and just cut the otherside off. You won't be able to fit the DC5 pipe if you are running the RBC on the K24. The EP3 pipe runs behind the engine if you want to keep aircon.

also, do you have the CRV driverside mount?

I'll be installing back the k20 for now. In the meantime whilst I'm driving the k20 I can start on the k24 build. I think once I've finished the paint and putting everything back in, its about time to enjoy in its form.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Great progress Norm! You're putting my CR-X to shame . The fuel will stop leaking eventually.

Mugsee could confirm, but the stock AC hoses fit fine on his car with a K24 with RBC.
      Oh no no, your build is entirely a different story to mine. Its something which has less information and requires more modification. I take my hat off to you Sir. When you need to cut stuff with an angle grinder, you know your creating something great lol!

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
      Serious business going on there Norm. Great to see some progress with the build

Stock AC hoses fit with on a DC5 with a K24 and RBC.
      Thanks mugsee for the confirmation. I appreciate it. I read through Vyets build, and it is true about some people changing cars, and some people dedicated to 1 specific car. I suppose I just want to make this absolutely mine when I drive out on the road.

Comment

Ahh. Finally something i've been waiting for has arrived! Out with the old and in with the new. A genuine Mugen Wing, thanks to William. Needs a fresh coat of paint of my choice.

For people who decide to do backyard jobs like mine, the key is labelling and organising. Seen Dexter? Well this is similar!

Comment

Wow genuine mugen wing. baller and a half
          sigpic

Comment

zip lock bags ftw
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Cool shoes at the front door.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                Cool shoes at the front door.
                Haha. Those are Dad's.

Good news and bad news.

Good news is we are pretty much done with the stripping of the interior. There are bits and pieces left but I've discussed with Beyond Customs and they are happy to leave it as that, and mask rest of the stuff. Main thing is there is nothing else attached to the chassis that is visible from the front and paint can reach every surface with ease. Just have to take the driveshafts off and we're there. Any suggestions on how we do it??

Bad news, the front right spindle nut to the brake line is almost stripped. I might have to order a whole new brake line (ABS to Front-Right brake line). But the rest came out alright. Stiff buggers they are. Other bad news is, Beyond Customs are packed with their schedule, and I won't be dropping the car off to them for another month and half at least. Gives me more time to clean up I suppose.

Norm

Comment

omg! i want a mugen wing! very nice progress u have there ! sorry to hear about the wait :S

Comment

Pretty sure this project is more than baller and a half!!

Liking your progress Norm, I am glad the wing made is way safely to you in WA. Cant wait to see the final product.

Comment

I want to see updates Norm =)
                      ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        I want to see updates Norm =)
                        I want updates too. I fly back from work on Wednesday, and hopefully can take some pictures of the parts that have arrived. Sad news is, the paint shop can't accommodate me until mid November. Believe me, i'm just as itchy as you to reassemble the beast.

Norm

Comment

Hey Norm, I have all ABS lines from a dc5r if u want. u can have it for free so long as you pay for postage and handling
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                            Hey Norm, I have all ABS lines from a dc5r if u want. u can have it for free so long as you pay for postage and handling
                            How'd you manage to get your hands on them?

Comment

I steal car parts...

Seriously i picked up a type s/r brake setup for front n reear and the guy gave them to me in a box with hubs n abs lines!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Nothing much to update at this stage guys. Just received my half cage, mugen thermostat and fan switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X