No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, how much you paid for your Spoon Rigid Collars ? Oh and also after the clutch has worn in, it will be back to stock feel, the organic clutch is really a replacement of OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
      Awesome, how much you paid for your Spoon Rigid Collars ? Oh and also after the clutch has worn in, it will be back to stock feel, the organic clutch is really a replacement of OEM.
      $230 from Smoothz (Sihn) including postage. Yeh ive kinda realised it the moment i stepped on the clutch it was going to be almost stock feel when it settles. I'll change to something else in the future when i decide more power.

Can i just say though....gosh 2nd gear revs quick after this lightened fly and shorter FD. In desperate need to test this beast on the track.

Norm
      Last edited by Norm; 02-02-12, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Keen ti see your opinion on the tune/lighter flywheel and also shorter FD.

When im due for my drivetrain upgrade, still not sure if wanting to install fd with tsx 6th gear. I guess it just means 1st will be useless, but hopefully u can shed some light
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

thats cheap shipping there for all those parts.
          did you ask for revised shipping quote?

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            Keen ti see your opinion on the tune/lighter flywheel and also shorter FD.

When im due for my drivetrain upgrade, still not sure if wanting to install fd with tsx 6th gear. I guess it just means 1st will be useless, but hopefully u can shed some light
            Sure Alex!

Originally posted by hello View Post
            thats cheap shipping there for all those parts.
            did you ask for revised shipping quote?
            Nope. Thats thier shipping cost. Pretty good eh?

Comment

Great progress Norm, I see you are going over to the dark side . Look forward to your track review after your driveline changes, these things always interest me since I have never changed anything in gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                Great progress Norm, I see you are going over to the dark side . Look forward to your track review after your driveline changes, these things always interest me since I have never changed anything in gearbox.
                Well, I wouldn't call it entire dark side eh hehe...only reason is this dress I just bought for her, only fits with "dark side" accessories. I'll let you know in regards to the drivetrain on track. But after driving for a little on normal road conditions bit i've noticed alot more noise through the gearbox region. I'm not sure whether its the carbon synchros that are contributing to this. Maybe someone can shed some light on this? I'm picking up my OEM synchros next week and we'll take a photo of them to show what a few track days and 80k's worth of daily driving does to them. And when I pick them up, I'll ask my mechanic about them. He did say everything was in very good nic.

I also updated my post about the FD/Clutch + Flywheel/Rigid Collar.

Norm
                Last edited by Norm; 03-02-12, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I had to get genuine. Too bad the projector ones cost like $2000+. Just normal OEM headlights will do. All the bits and pieces are coming together for storage . Just waiting for her dress now

Last edited by Norm; 04-02-12, 12:08 PM.

Comment

hmmm..interesting
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

this is an awsome read dude, i love the facelift your doing, it will look like my dc5 hehe, but it will be alot faster =(
                      hmmm im gunna need to change that haha

Comment

Damn man, still goin hard haha
                        looks great!

Comment

Received updates from Project Import. Their a great bunch of guys, and they definitely know what their doing. I'm buying my kit through them and they are so far coming across as very efficient. They have great communication skills and reply within 24hours of emails. They seem to have the lowest costing items. They can also source out almost anything and if not ,fabricate just about anything from scratch. Check out their website http://projectimport.com/ and look at their amazing work. Their in the midst of just getting the kit shipped. We will keep everybody posted. In the meantime.

Address:
                          1729 W. Katella Ave.,
                          Orange, CA 92867

Phone: 714-538-0680
                          Fax: 714-289-0812

Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/projectimportcom

Who can guess what kit it is?

Also had a wheel alignment done at Wheels World in Osborne Park. John, one of the Co-owners. The group there were very friendly and it was an eye opener to see. They permitted me to get up and personal with the whole process and gave me front seat views to Neil's (Workshop man/Mechanic) work on my car. With the permission I recorded a video using the GoPro2 HD. The quality isn't the best due to light restrictions being inside. That is the 1 limitation of the GoPro. It requires a decent amount of light. As you can see in the video which I will post up tonight.

4 Carbon Court Osborne Park WA 6017
                          (08) 9244 2277

Review - They had exceptional customer service. I was recommended by Rod to take the car to them to get a wheel alignment done. They charged a fair price for an exceptional job. They charged me a total of $99 dollars for a wheel alignment including all the adjustments that required to get the alignment done (camber arms, bolts plates etc etc). Places like Wilkinsons suspension and WA Suspensions are good as well. But like WA Suspensions, they charged me $135 dollars. They also weren't as friendly as Wheels World .

Norm
                          Last edited by Norm; 08-02-12, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Looks like the Buddy Club kit to me, especially given the clue you gave earlier. There aren't that many kits that are facelift only, and have non-vented wide front guards. Also if you don't put at least an 18x10.5 with a 285 under it I will personally come to WA and slap you .

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                              First thing i thought, "fuarkk thats a shit load of pills" LOL!
                              S2000
                              WSID : TBA
                              Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                              Smooth As Detailing
                              Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by flippit View Post
                                first thing i thought, "fuarkk thats a shit load of pills" lol!
                                farking lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X