No announcement yet.

Norm - Perth DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahah...i did have the option to get it polished by the allversionperformance.com but I was thinking its pointless having such a nice IM when really its what outside of the car that people look at when you drive. Plus there are several things i'd want to get
    • Kpro
    • Coilovers
    • Extended Ball Joints
    • Camber bolts
    • Camber arms
    • Final Drive
    • HD clutch
    • Lightened flywheel
    • And all the internals camshafts, valve springs etc....

So there are still alot of places where money can be well spent.
    I was even considering at one point to get the buddyclub WTCC bodykit
    and do a facelift conversion, which if i get my finances sorted after the house
    I might go ahead with. Just fell in love with the aggressiveness of the kit.

Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 03-03-11, 02:25 PM.

Comment

you could buy a new car with the cost of doing all those things haha, suspension and drivetrain hits the wallet hard when done properly. what kind of clutch were you looking at? I also believe the typeR final drive is not as lazy as the typeS so typeS drivers get smacked in the face twice with regards to the transmission

Comment

I would not reccomend doing a facelift front ( yes it is way better than prefacelift) but sourcing the front headlights is incredibly hard to find.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

wouldnt say hard... i would say ridiculously expensive that its not worth it unless your a baller. but then again, norm is a baller
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

In the process of attaining a Toda Flywheel, Final Drive, and Exedy Sports Organic Clutch. I need some help in terms of which final drive to choose. I'm quite inexperienced in this area and would love to have some discussion about this.

Comment

ooo have u been quoted on the exedy? im pretty keen on it for the future as well but always wondered how much it would cost
              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                In the process of attaining a Toda Flywheel, Final Drive, and Exedy Sports Organic Clutch. I need some help in terms of which final drive to choose. I'm quite inexperienced in this area and would love to have some discussion about this.
                seems as though transmission is the CITR theme at the moment NA FD for a daily would be 5.1 MAX. should give you about 10% more torque although i believe 6th will cruise about 400rpm higher than usual doing 100km/hr.

I decided to leave mine stock for now, when are you getting the clutch done?

Comment

jj17 - Yeh i got qouted, roughly around $600

stevan - 400rpm more on 3000rpm for 6th gear at 100km/hr is fine by me. I'm thinking of getting the clutch done before june? then i might book myself in for a tune maybe by October. I really just want to experience the difference in flywheel and clutch and final drive before i start tuning.

Comment

If i was going to change fd on my car, because the 6th gear will be higher revs- obviously street driving would have bad ass fuel mileage, i aas going to change my 6th gear to an accord euro one so even with the upgraded fd, the revs in 6th are lower. Having said that, i'd want to research it thrououghly as i do definatrly plan on getting an ecu in the future. Imagine a more aggresive fd + kpro/haltech. i have a feeling that a tuned ecu with the changed fd and clutch n fly upgrade, i be changing gears like no tomorrow.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

jj17 - Yeh i got qouted, roughly around $600

stevan - 400rpm more on 3000rpm for 6th gear at 100km/hr is fine by me. I'm thinking of getting the clutch done before june? then i might book myself in for a tune maybe by October. I really just want to experience the difference in flywheel and clutch and final drive before i start tuning.
                      dont quote me on that its just what i remember reading, you can use Mfactory's hear calculator on their site to find out exactly what it is

http://www.teammfactory.com/gear-calculator

Let me know when/where you want to get the clutch from

Comment

K20A w/ 5.062 FD vs K20A2 w/ 5.062 FD

Obtained from http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7317

Thats with a shorter FD. However can someone confirm that K20A2 has a FD of 4.389? Just looked it up.

The Calculations begin!

New Ratio / Old Ratio x Original Engine Speed = New Engine Speed

5.062 / 4.389 x 100 km/h = 115 km/h

So if I were to travel at roughly 3000rpm in 6th gear, essentially for my car that would be around 100km/h, instead I will be travelling 115km/h with a shorter FD? Is this calculation correct? Or Have I totally mixed things up?
                        Because I thought you would be sitting at a higher rpm (>3000rpm) at 100km/h if I were to change my FD from 4.389 to 5.062.
                        Last edited by Norm; 26-03-11, 12:00 PM.

Comment

One of the best DC5R in Perth Keep it up

Comment

Thats with a shorter FD. However can someone confirm that K20A2 has a FD of 4.389? Just looked it up.

think you'll find the 4.389 is only on the usdm rsx-s
                            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Great work Norm but why do you want to change the final drive? Don't find that you change gears enough? Gear ratios are one of those things that need to be tailored to the use of the car. More isn't always better.

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                              think you'll find the 4.389 is only on the usdm rsx-s
                              Yep. As I understand it our 02-04 ratios are exactly the same as the 02-04 JDM Type R so refer to that section of the table.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                Great work Norm but why do you want to change the final drive? Don't find that you change gears enough? Gear ratios are one of those things that need to be tailored to the use of the car. More isn't always better.

Yep. As I understand it our 02-04 ratios are exactly the same as the 02-04 JDM Type R so refer to that section of the table.
                                The idea of changing the FD is still new to me and hence why i'm asking some questions about a shorter FD. I personally find with the stock FD that it takes quite a fair amount of time to get to 7.1k rpm before i start changing gears. I personally think that I dont even use the 6th gear enough. I sit quite happily on the freeway at 100km/h at 3000rpm and with 5th at 3500rpm. I just wanted to see the difference in acceleration. I would assume that after a tune with maybe aftermarket cam shafts and valve springs i'd be able to rev it harder too. But hey....i'm open to opinions.

Norm

Comment

Working...
                                X