No announcement yet.

Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable height...now I'm regretting not taking up your offer on getting it!

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
      Adjustable height...now I'm regretting not taking up your offer on getting it!
      indeed you should have, early testing is quite positive, very nice weighted and satisfying throw, just mucking around with the extenders atm.

Comment

UPDATE - JTC Shifter Installed

Installed my JTC shifter recently so i thought i would share a few pics from the install, i apologise for the picture quality...

OEM box removed...

OEM shifter uninstalled, used a chisel to break the plastic lock ring

Comparison of JTC vs OEM shifter arms. Notice the position of the shifter cable mount.

Shifter installed with 2 straight extenders

I love this shifter

At the longest throw and highest lever length the shifter throw is a lot more satisfying and punchy (650g weight for the shifter alone!). I believe that moving the adjuster ever higher and shortening the throw further may be detrimental to syncro wear though, shortening the throw also made the shifting a little harder as you have to "force" the car into gear.

After a failed transaction for the Ktuned arm i have to find another dealer to buy from, dissasembling the entire shifter box you can really see how crap the standard shifter arm is, with the extenders there is at least 50mm of lateral play that i can't wait to get rid of! Overall great little product
        Last edited by stevan; 06-12-11, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Was it a lot of work to install Steve? Bet it feels great now.

Comment

did you try buying direct from the k-tuned website at all mate?
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
              Was it a lot of work to install Steve? Bet it feels great now.
              The install was pretty easy, took a couple hours and im sure i can do it much faster now. Almost cut my thumb off though whilst trying to remove the shifter cable clip, straight to medical centre LOL...

What people should know is that once this shifter is in, there is no taking it out as the retaining clip is metal, not plastic like the standard one.

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
              did you try buying direct from the k-tuned website at all mate?
              I bought it from some performance shop in America, didn't know you can buy direct from Ktuned.

Comment

Hmm... My shifter has some play, and it's really annoying...

I might have a chat to you on MSN about this when I'm free next...

Comment

http://http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.c...ARM_p_211.html

after reading a thread on crsx i was gunna pair one with my buddyclub ss but after further investigation i found it def doesn't fit,
                  don't know what crap they're talking about saying it does,

also found the m-tec tranny springs (while a pain in the ass to install) took out alot of play and helped make the shifter feel solid and firm
                  Last edited by gunpoons; 07-12-11, 11:04 AM.
                  02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                    Hmm... My shifter has some play, and it's really annoying...

I might have a chat to you on MSN about this when I'm free next...
                    No problems mate talk to you tonite

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                    http://http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.c...ARM_p_211.html

after reading a thread on crsx i was gunna pair one with my buddyclub ss but after further investigation i found it def doesn't fit,
                    don't know what crap they're talking about saying it does,

also found the m-tec tranny springs (while a pain in the ass to install) took out alot of play and helped make the shifter feel solid and firm
                    Linky is broken, Yes after i saw the Mtec install guide i said stuff that!!! The mtec springs i believe increase the return to centre effect however the play from the shifter arm will always be there unless it is rectified by either the full replacement arm OR the cheaper delrin pivot ball and return spring kit K-tuned sell.

You were game installing those Mtec springs haha!! I wouldlove to get them but seriously stuff that

Comment

So I got my K-tuned Shifter arm today, after reading your post and couldn't wait to install in and see how it felt so I whacked it in straight after work.
                      And OMG whatta difference! Thing feels solid now. Shifting up, down, all the way around feels so much more direct. Doesn't feel at all flimsy anymore.
                      No doubt best thing I've done for my stock shifter, in comparison to Hybrid Racing cable bushings & CorSport base bushings. Def. recommend those who don't already have one, to have a play with one =P

Comment

Great to hear Paul! Unfortunately my ktuned arm transaction fell through due to a very poor seller, got refunded. I am waiting to purchase a shifter arm until Mtec release their version which will feature adjustable sideways throw and will also be a fair bit cheaper then the Ktuned version I will be ordering a few of them as well for those that want one in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                          Great to hear Paul! Unfortunately my ktuned arm transaction fell through due to a very poor seller, got refunded. I am waiting to purchase a shifter arm until Mtec release their version which will feature adjustable sideways throw and will also be a fair bit cheaper then the Ktuned version I will be ordering a few of them as well for those that want one in the future!
                          cool. keen to hear how mtec's version feels =P

Comment

i am sure it will be identical to the Ktuned, however it will have a setting for OEM length sideways throw as well as shortened like the Ktuned, the play will be removed with both options You should try the shifter arm with a new shifter of some kind?

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                              Not getting the K-Tuned shifter box anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                                Not getting the K-Tuned shifter box anymore?
                                shoosh up guy!!

Comment

Working...
                                X