Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
    mm i see, 700$ all up for a nice piece of header. i might look into investing in one of those. but then again, its another 300$ more for a 2nd hand toda

oh btw, did u have cel issues after installing?
    yeh but most guys sell todas with welded cats for at least 1500 from what ive seen. unless you wish to run catless. i bought an angled cel eliminator from ebay to get rid of the cel.

oh yeh if u want to buy a KKRH dont buy the new nitride coated ones, they fit together shit because of the increased friction. buy the standard stainless ones.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
      doesnt make a sound........anymore.

i had to sand back the cowl edge about 3mm to match oem then i put on foam tape around the whole edge to stop it moving. another thing you can do is put foam tape on the bonnet where it would sit on top of the intake mouth, this will keep it in place nicely. also foam around the strut bar wouldnt go astray

GruppeM...........what an awesome piece of crap haha.
      hmm i'll try that.

It's amazing how we have to DIY something that cost sooo damn much.

Comment

Oh i see ill keep that in mind. Ive also read about how exhausts hang bit low with those headers as well.
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

yeah the DC5 is notorious for a low hanging after market exhaust..... with my car, if u look at it from a side shot, you can see three quarters of the b pipe lol./
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
            Oh i see ill keep that in mind. Ive also read about how exhausts hang bit low with those headers as well.
            if you use the supplied test pipe the b pipe will hang an inch or so lower, when you get the cat welded in between the exhaust shop will make it tuck away nicely. mine still hangs a bit lower than stock though but it isnt that much of a problem.
            Plaything i had the day off when you had the shoot at homebush, i wish i saw it sooner lol would have been good, then you would have felt even worse about being wingless haha.......jks
            Last edited by stevan; 02-05-10, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Mmm yea bit of a worry. My car isnt dumped but i still scrape a few bumps here n there on my stock exhaust. Cant imagine how paranoid id be with those headers n aftermarket exhausts. Anyways, thanks for the infos. Much appreciated.
              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Saw your post on lowie's thread and didn't want to clutter his thread. But anyway for rpf1's. Looks awesome on dc5s. I wouldn't mind a set in a crazy colour in the future. SBC would look good, not sure about available sizes in that colour though.

SBC

OR Polish them yourself like this guy so you can get more aggressive sizes
                Last edited by vuongster; 13-06-10, 10:16 PM.
                DC5S

Comment

those 2 pics are my desktop backgrounds haha, that black one has
                  +22 in SBC finish with no fenderliner, i think perhaps a +22 and +35 for the rear would be a perfect setup as it would not require rediculous rear camber to fit, normal finish looks good on blue as well,

Comment

I'm sure the black one is hand polished. Pretty sure I read that before anyway lol Will look hot regardless. Good price on rfp1s as well.
                    DC5S

Comment

$1300 to my door from the states! how can u go wrong and they are superlight. hmm i will research a bit more on offsets for these

Comment

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...631205&page=22

post 543, they guy with the black rsx said that he has the SBC finish rims, i thought they were hand polished as well. offset is +22 with 10mm spacers on front and +25 rear. i think i might be going +22 front and +35 rear to limit rear camber. ideally i want to have more front camber than rear to limit understeer.

Edit: later in the thread he says its a custom hand polish haha!
                        Last edited by stevan; 14-06-10, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Wish I did my fronts differently.
                          9.5+30 is much more what I'm aiming for compared to my previous 7.5+42.
                          But i'm only running -.75 at the fronts, could push the boundries of the guard much more.
                          If i could chose again I would run 9.5+20...but oh well, trying different setups is how you learn My rears i'm very happy with but.

Would definately approve of staggered offsets, F being lower. So I approve of +22F +35R Stevan!

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
                            Wish I did my fronts differently.
                            9.5+30 is much more what I'm aiming for compared to my previous 7.5+42.
                            But i'm only running -.75 at the fronts, could push the boundries of the guard much more.
                            If i could chose again I would run 9.5+20...but oh well, trying different setups is how you learn My rears i'm very happy with but.

Would definately approve of staggered offsets, F being lower. So I approve of +22F +35R Stevan!
                            yeh yours and alex's rear fitment are money! 18's for me is too big i think cause i want to track the car, i think 18's for stance and 17's for performance. As for the offsets i think these these should fit the bill nicely

im running -1.5 all around on my stock wheels, i think you would easily fit +20's on the front with a bit more camber, you would have much better cornering as well

Comment

Yeah I agree. I'll still take my 18s to the track tho, not too concerned with milliseconds

+20s might be something to look at a bit down the track.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                                http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...631205&page=22

post 543, they guy with the black rsx said that he has the SBC finish rims, i thought they were hand polished as well. offset is +22 with 10mm spacers on front and +25 rear. i think i might be going +22 front and +35 rear to limit rear camber. ideally i want to have more front camber than rear to limit understeer.
                                Lies! Must win this meaningless and useless battle!

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...&postcount=514
                                http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...&postcount=749

He says in both of his posts that it's just hand polished.

Anyhow, i wouldn't bother with hand polish unless they don't offer the size you want in SBC. Will look shit hot regardless. Do it!
                                DC5S

Comment

Working...
                                X