This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    More power than my car . Does it feel better now you know the number?
    Hahah Your Micra?
    It does man. I know the number does not mean a lot but it tells me that my engine is still in relatively good condition and that my mods have done their job considering the average power of a stock DC5R is 105-110.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
      Dyno Day RE Customs

First time i've ever been to a dyno! So I was not 100% sure what i should expect. I had an idea that if i got to 120~ I would be happy.

Just a quick run down of power train mods

Injen CAI
      EXEDY Race Lightended fly
      EXEDY Race organic clutch
      JDM 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
      Stock cat back with Mugen twinloop Axle-back

I can safely say that i have walked away with a smile on my face.

that's damn good pull i only pulled 113.5 with just an amuse cat back

Comment

Well done mate,
        Judging by the numbers, your part selection is working ……..

Comment

Well done. Good result...
          I think i modifed my ITR the other way but i don't see justification in doing my fly/clutch until one breaks down on me but well done
          Props to you!!

a dead bone stock DC5R should be getting what roughly on a dyno if anyone knows this answer could they put that here or pm me please

Thank you

Comment

Nice....I like

Comment

Huy would be able to tell you...if he manned up and had put his car on the dyno that day! I'll upload my dyno sheet later tonight. Very nice figure Justin, I should have video taped your reaction!

Comment

Hahah Your Micra?
                It does man. I know the number does not mean a lot but it tells me that my engine is still in relatively good condition and that my mods have done their job considering the average power of a stock DC5R is 105-110.
                Nah than the DC5. My DC5 is slow and broken, too many track kms or something . It is indeed nice to know that your motor is in good nick, great gains for what is still a nice quiet comfortable car too!

Comment

Originally posted by danielj View Post
                  that's damn good pull i only pulled 113.5 with just an amuse cat back
                  Thanks! I plan on getting a catback some time in the future but i think a KPRO would be a better choice of money spent.

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                  Well done mate,
                  Judging by the numbers, your part selection is working ……..
                  It's good to get some numbers. When you install these parts in a sequence and not all at once you dont tend to feel any difference.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  Well done. Good result...
                  I think i modifed my ITR the other way but i don't see justification in doing my fly/clutch until one breaks down on me but well done
                  Props to you!!

a dead bone stock DC5R should be getting what roughly on a dyno if anyone knows this answer could they put that here or pm me please

Thank you
                  Yeah my clutch died so instead of getting a standard one i went for the better option.

Also stock DC5R's are from 105-110 kw atw on average.

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                  Nice....I like

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  Nah than the DC5. My DC5 is slow and broken, too many track kms or something . It is indeed nice to know that your motor is in good nick, great gains for what is still a nice quiet comfortable car too!
                  I am very happy with it and my worries of engine breakage from high kays have been diminished from these results. I still am going to get a major service done soon and will also get the valve clearances checked and sorted at the same time. I am getting some seriously bad fuel economy lately and if the other line on the graph is a/f i would say that my car is relatively well tuned. If it's not A/f then i have NFI what it is or what it means. haha

Comment

Also my guess on the other line is tractive force. Basically the amount of forward force your car is producing propelling it toward the horizon. The shape of that line is basically that of your torque curve but the vertical scale (on the right) is not. Divide it by the gear ratio from engine to wheel (4th gear ratio X final drive ratio) and then multiply it by the effective tyre radius to convert it back to an indicative wheel torque.

This is basically how a rolling road dynamometer works out power and torque as far as I know, by measuring the accelerative force at the tyre. The rest is just mathematics in the computer attached to the dynamometer.

Comment

I am very happy with it and my worries of engine breakage from high kays have been diminished from these results. I still am going to get a major service done soon and will also get the valve clearances checked and sorted at the same time. I am getting some seriously bad fuel economy lately and if the other line on the graph is a/f i would say that my car is relatively well tuned. If it's not A/f then i have NFI what it is or what it means. haha
                      Same here....bad fuel economy

Thinking of doing Valve Clearance myself?
                      But knowing my luck might Fark something up...lol

Comment

Track day prep....

So this MIGHT be the last track day I do for a while...
                        I thought i would get everything ready nice and early (lol a week away)
                        Brakes - Fine
                        Alignment - Sorted
                        Fluids - Fine
                        Tyres - ... Shagged!!!!!

So i went hunting for semis as I already had 2x 255 d03g's. I ended up finding another pair of dunlops for cheap and installed them all. I am now rocking 255 front and 215 rear!!! Pretty huge stagger but it doesnt look stretched at all on the 8.5" rims and i am pretty sure it will be fine. Although the 255's definitely rub on the fender lining up front but i think thats only under full lock and who cares about full lock!?

Comment

WoW......255's nice....n......wide..........

Good to hear all is ready

See you Sunday mate.

Comment

21-11-2010 - EXE Winton
                            Ok so entered yesterday with just the one goal. Beat 1:47.000.

First time with semis and I had an old pair of D03G 255 and I picked up a used pair of D02G 215 for the rear.
                            Initial impressions are wow. Semis are heaps different! Definitely will get new ones for the next day.

I found myself on the limiter in 3rd gear throughout the sweeper which was definitely a strange feeling. I think my car has too much body roll though, will need to get that fixed. I will say however that going through that sweeper at 130 kays is heaps more fun than 110!

I need to work on my lines and I know there is definitely room for improvement. The semis also gave me back my confidence when entering the S bend. Such a relief!

Times...

2:00.7230 1:48.5370 1:48.1880 1:48.1610 1:47.4260

1:51.2190 1:47.3630 1:46.5820 1:46.6630 1:46.6240 1:45.9100

1:49.1890 1:45.8210 1:48.1370 1:45.9340 1:45.6080
                            1:51.2200 1:47.6660 1:47.9920 1:47.1900 1:47.6050 1:48.2630

Glad to see that I was fairly consistant with times.

I plan on looking into adjustable sway bars to replace the stock ones rather than upgrading the springs which would kill the ride quality around the streets. Also looking into new semis. Probably Hoosier, Kumho or Hankook.
                            In regards to sizes, I was hoping some of you might be able to help. I have 17x8.5 rims to put them on and was wondering what the best tyre size would be. I am thinking anywhere from 225 to 245. I dont want them to be stretched or ballooned, just to sit right. I noticed Tom saying his 245 R6 tyres felt more responsive than the 275 balloon ones he had previously.

Comment

Well done on your PB mate

Not far off your goal time.......next one and maybe not too hot hey

Comment

Congrates on your PB Justin. No more fear.

Here on out you will only get faster!

Comment

Working...
                                X