X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
    OOo. i like suprises..

but i think i know what it is already so poo =(..

ohh btw sorry about missing your message i been away from computer alot haha..
    The finer details are yet to be revealed!
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Camber adjustment on the lower mount
      Last edited by Didz; 10-05-10, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post

i am sooOOoo jealous on how much you got those for !!!!!..

ahem.. or so i hear.. haha....

did you have a look at them yet?
        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
        Originally posted by tinkerbell
        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Hopefully you got those as compensation for your tein's. Otherwise there would be a sizeable hole in your wallet :P Good stuff!
          DC5S

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
            i am sooOOoo jealous on how much you got those for !!!!!..

ahem.. or so i hear.. haha....

did you have a look at them yet?
            Just updated.

Originally posted by vuongster View Post
            Hopefully you got those as compensation for your tein's. Otherwise there would be a sizeable hole in your wallet :P Good stuff!
            Nah still have not heard back from Tein or Fulcrum. Unlucky for me, time is not on my side.

Comment

Nice work mate! I am sure you will be at least as happy with these as you were with the Teins with the added bonus of true local support . Maybe you should lower it a bit more than it was though . Your car is closer to being ready for track than mine is .

Comment

All installed. New alignment settings are:
                Front -3.0 deg
                Rear -1.5 deg
                0 Toe

Couldnt get as much low as i had hoped for but the camber adjustment was huge in comparison to my Teins.

Photos tomorrow.

Comment

Massive cans. Err... Camber

In previous episodes we witnessed what can happen to coilover suspension. In my case, Tein Monoflex coilover suspension.

I was able to snag a ripper deal from the friendly guys at DMS and ordered some DMS coilovers with custom springs to my choosing.

Springs are progressive 10kg front and 12kg Progressive rear.
                  The only downside is that I was not able to achieve the same amount of low that the Teins would allow. Overall i was able to achieve 30mm lower than stock all round. Better than nothing

Alignment specs:
                  Front -3.0 Deg, 0 Toe
                  Rear -1.5 Deg, 0 Toe

This just in...

So a few months ago i posted about getting some new shoes. They have arrived.

So what you are looking at are indeed Dunlop semis. What are they wrapped around??

Well of course they are wrapped around SSR Type Cs!

17x8.5 + 30 All round.

All in time for the 23rd Finally i can crack open the beers. This car is pretty much ready. Even after the recent hurdles.

Feels good man.
                  Last edited by Didz; 15-05-10, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Nice choice of parts especially the DMS. Which model of the DMS did you get?

Looking forward to your performance at the EXE day.

Got any pics of your cars with the new rims on?

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                      Nice choice of parts especially the DMS. Which model of the DMS did you get?

Looking forward to your performance at the EXE day.

Got any pics of your cars with the new rims on?
                      i got the 40mm series.

Cheers man I am really excited to see how everyone goes on the day

yeah i just took a couple!

Last edited by Didz; 15-05-10, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Going well Didz. Keep up us updated on how track goes. Looking for more mods in the future?

Comment

Saw your DMS coilovers being installed at techsports on Friday. Looking good mate, glad you got everything sorted for Saturday.

Your car definately needs more LOW.
                          Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                          "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                          sigpic
                          itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                          send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                            Going well Didz. Keep up us updated on how track goes. Looking for more mods in the future?
                            Cheers. More mods? well I have promised myself that unless certain circumstances change, no more mods until next year. This has been an expensive 12 months haha.

Originally posted by daz View Post
                            Saw your DMS coilovers being installed at techsports on Friday. Looking good mate, glad you got everything sorted for Saturday.

Your car definately needs more LOW.
                            Yeah i know man. I think it's related to the spring design with DMS. The design isnt like conventional coilovers. It is a lot of work to jack the wheels up, pretty much as if it were stock (i think they call it droop?) where as my Teins would go up and down very easily.
                            I think in the future i may look into shorter springs (or possibly even using my 10kg Swift springs unless i sell them). The DMS i have were shipped back to NSW to have the rebound adjusted so that they could be lowered to the maximum level without adversely affecting the shocks.

Right now i dont have time though :P
                            Just decisions in regards to street tyres or semis for Sunday. I am inclined to be cautious and use street tyres. But there is an argument there to suggest that it could be safer to just use the semis.

Comment

The springs are still new, it will take some time for them to settle in. I saw the coilover that snapped, very unlucky or lucky depending on how you want to look at it.

If you want to be extra careful you should think about getting a baffled sump when running semis
                              Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                              "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                              sigpic
                              itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                              send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                                The springs are still new, it will take some time for them to settle in. I saw the coilover that snapped, very unlucky or lucky depending on how you want to look at it.

If you want to be extra careful you should think about getting a baffled sump when running semis
                                HAHA i see the word has spread. I will most likely use street tyres anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X