This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
    If you are talking about the EXE day according to Shuan you don't need one to pass scruntineering.
    Well that takes the wind out of my sails. It might be up to the discretion of the individual scrutineer though, and there will be some loose individuals scrutineering on the day .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Well that takes the wind out of my sails. It might be up to the discretion of the individual scrutineer though, and there will be some loose individuals scrutineering on the day .
      These loose individuals might see my secret setup though!
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Damper goes kaput

So the other night after work i come to my car and notice oil on the ground where i usually park my car. This oil is near the right hand side of the front. I was a little worried but after looking under the car i didnt notice any wet patches.
        Upon driving home the front end felt very different. Very harsh. I could feel a terrible thud through my pedels every time i went over small bumps.

Yesterday afternoon i went to bleed my brakes in preparation for the trackday coming up. Everything looked fine i even felt around the struts to feel any oil and couldnt feel anything. After completing the brake bleed i took the car for a drive to see how it all felt.

WHOA!

So basically i lost about 80% of my steering. Going about 5kph, i drove home not actually knowing wtf had happened.

Upon getting home my dad looked at the wheels at the front and noticed they were all sorts of crooked. This made me just think the wheels were not done up correctly. Unfortunately this was not the case.

As you can see, the whole thing has collapsed on itself. This morning i converted the car back to stock so we could see the struts properly.

Basically what has happened is that the strut has cracked, oil has pissed out and then the lifting and lowering to do the brakes has just pushed the strut passed it's limit.

You can see how it is supposed to connect below:

So back to mexican stock hight. I took the camber bolts out and replaced the stock ones in so that i can just get a basic alignment easily tomorrow morning. Hopefully the emails i sent through last night to the various Tein distributors will get me a prompt response so i know how much this will cost to replace the damper.

Comment

time to upgrade!
          '03 Integra DC5 Type R
          Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
          Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
          Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

damn thats sad to hear! but.... where is the quality control in parts these days! lawddd

can u imagine doing this on the track at 160km/h or somthing.... sigh***

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
              time to upgrade!
              The saddest part is that i havent even had these in for more than 3 months.

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
              damn thats sad to hear! but.... where is the quality control in parts these days! lawddd

can u imagine doing this on the track at 160km/h or somthing.... sigh***
              I dont know eh. I am at a loss at how this has happened. I agree, I am extremely lucky that this has happened so close to home in local streets and not on a hwy, main road or worse, track.

Comment

Unhappy to hear about this
                I have to say though, Looked like you set you ride height quite low? In turn not giving your suspension enough travel?
                Also would have last years incident contributed to this? Maybe just wear & tear
                Good to see it’s on the road with no down-time, looking forward to Winton

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                  Unhappy to hear about this
                  I have to say though, Looked like you set you ride height quite low? In turn not giving your suspension enough travel?
                  Also would have last years incident contributed to this? Maybe just wear & tear
                  Good to see it’s on the road with no down-time, looking forward to Winton
                  Nah man. Monoflex are monotube and can be set to super low settings without affecting the dampers unlike other types of coils (mainly twin tube designs).

Nah these were only installed recently, last year had standard suspension and this is the opposite side.

Comment

jesus, i hope that happened from old age and abuse, and not from lack of quality control on tein's behalf .. unlucky man. looking forward to hearing what kind of support you get from this.

Comment

So basically Fulcrum are completely baffled by this. I have emailed photos of the damper to numerous distributors/workshops around Melbourne. General consensus is that this is a very strange way for a damper to break. Almost unheard of!

Hoping to get a response back tomorrow but so far i am under the impression that Tein do not allow the purchase of individual dampers and only allow it in a set of 4. .

Hoping for 'spare parts'

Comment

wow thats.. uber lucky or unlucky depending on which way you wanna look at it..

never seen sussy do that before..
                        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                        Originally posted by tinkerbell
                        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

any update about the tein's?

Comment

Nope. I have been promised phone calls and emails and gotten nothing.

Comment

Problem has tentatively been sorted and SHOULD all be sweet for track day. This is of course with NO thanks to Tein or Fulcrum.
                              Stay tuned for the big surprise.

Comment

OOo. i like suprises..

but i think i know what it is already so poo =(..

ohh btw sorry about missing your message i been away from computer alot haha..
                                Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                                some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                                Originally posted by tinkerbell
                                if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                                A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                                Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Working...
                                X