Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i had an issue with my throttle body and it was idling up and down constantly. It was driving me mental and after seeing an auto elec i was informed that my throttlebody needed to be replaced as some sensor was gone.

I looked into it and decided if i was gonna get it replaced it would be silly to get another oem spec one. SO i got a spoon spec one.
    pics
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

did u try cleaning the IACV thing b4? mine idles wierd too..

Comment

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
        did u try cleaning the IACV thing b4? mine idles wierd too..
        i tried cleaning the thing out and no improvement, infact it went worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
          i tried cleaning the thing out and no improvement, infact it went worse.
          what was the fix man?

it was obvious u didnt need a new tb! haha

pm or just reply here what the fix was! cos b4 i got ecu mine was running sweet now its up and down somtimes while idling! and slow driving like 10km/h

Comment

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
            what was the fix man?

it was obvious u didnt need a new tb! haha

pm or just reply here what the fix was! cos b4 i got ecu mine was running sweet now its up and down somtimes while idling! and slow driving like 10km/h
            it jsut randomly started working again after driving it through some heavy rain

Comment

wtf dont spam my shit

Comment

Give us some updates guy. Heading to the track soon?

Comment

there will be an update v soon guy!

Comment

waiting

Comment

UPDATE

So i mentioned in the past about getting some ESMM Inserts. Today was the day of fitment!!!
                      My car also blew it's clutch so i sourced an Exedy Sports Organic clutch and Light Flywheel (4.1kg) and had it fitted today along with the mount inserts.

Results.
                      Ok so the clutch feels super freakin solid. Feels very button-like although, it isnt a button clutch.

Flly has made a difference, the engine revs up noticably faster and the mounts also feel really good. No wheel hop.

Overall i think the mount inserts are definitely massive bang for buck. everyone should get it on their dc5 unless they opt for tougher mounts.

Now for an alignment and camber adjustment and my car should be ready for new lights :P
                      Last edited by Didz; 15-10-09, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Hows the interior vibrations like with the inserts? And has it also changing your gear shifting feel as people claimed?
                        Last edited by TeMp; 15-10-09, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                          Hows the interior vibrations like with the inserts? And has it also changing your gear shifting feel as people claimed?
                          Gear shifting i cannnot be sure as i also have a new clutch with it and that itself is a lot different as a feel. It does feel like it wheel spins easier though in first though.
                          Barely any vibration except when idling at the lights etc. I do however notice louder engine noise coming from the engine bay.

In terms of hitting the track, I am awaiting a set of headlights so that i can hit the track without coming under attack from scruiteneers (unless i go to a practice open day).
                          I am also looking into upgrading my suspension before i hit it again.
                          Last edited by Didz; 15-10-09, 09:56 PM.

Comment

minor update

Ok so after getting my clutch installed my alignment was severely off. Just had it re adjusted and it's lucky i did as when the mechanic put my camber bolts back in on the left hand side, he put them back in the wrong way and the camber was way off!

A disappointment however is that for some reason i was only able to get -1.5deg now instead of -1.8 No idea why but i guess i should just get coilovers and get the camber set up right.

Comment

A day off means.... MAINTAIN THE TEG!

Ok so after my clutch was installed i was informed that my air filter was rooted. I shrugged this off as i knew it was probably a little dirty.

OK so maybe it was a little rooted! A trip down to the local autobarn and i found me a beauty for a replacement!

Ok so obviously there is no gains in power felt as its just a damn filter but i'm sure my fuel economy will return to normal at least!

Comment

that was one dirty mofo!!!
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X