No announcement yet.

Markymaclmb's VERY SICK INTEGRA...in Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully by the time he is old to drive, there will still be oil to fill up the tank and that I won't have to do an ELECTRIC conversion...that would be the fall of an empire.

Comment

Re: Markymaclmb's VERY SICK INTEGRA...in Thailand

Epic DC2 right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
        Epic DC2 right there!
        +1
        Team SunWorks

Tracktoy: Honda Integra Type R '99
        Summer toy: Honda S2000 AP1 '01
        Daily: Audi A6 2.0 TDi Quattro S-line '18

Comment

FANBOY Dream is being lived... Carbon Doors.. Fenders... Bumper drools!

Comment

My son and my special Mechanic working together and putting the engine together. I let my son Merlin touch the Piston for good luck... In fact I let Merlin touch every part for good luck.

Late night visits means that Merlin gets to see how hard my mechanics and pit crew really are.

at a meet in Thailand

connected by a dream

An interior shot...the bucket seats are also full Carbon Fiber.

Notice the window vents in the sliders! Specially made to bring in cool air during runs.

This photo got some attention a while back...At first I just placed my sushi there and when I looked at it with a camera, I thought it looked JDM enough.

Carbon rear blade for the Mugen Gen 2 wing

Beefy roll cage with Gussets and that fine side mirror

Rear view of my carbon seats

The sign is always there to warn people never to mess with my Integra

This is for when I use to take my son with me when he was smaller.

I can't wait to do a full tune for my new pistons in my B20Vtec...can't wait!

Comment

After a good run in period of 800 kms on the clock...(I was supposed to run it in under VTEC at 1000 KM but I was a bit short) I went back to do fluid changes/oil changes/check seals, check this and that and got hold of a CUSCO/OS GIGEN Super Single Clutch kit including Flywheel! So with that in mind, I will have to learn something new today when I back out from the garage after Clutch install for sure.
              Enjoy!

Got to the garage and found my nemesis.

My transmission Mounts still good as new (Ball Joints as primary Tranny mount and OEM tranny mount also used in conjunction)

Taking out my Exedy Clutch Kit I saw that I had plenty of pad left, so I sold it right there and then and recouped my funding for my OS Giken Kit.

Also had to decide to either go NGK or racing spec Densu iridium #9 plugs. I went with DENSU this time around.

Beauty and the Beast all in one. This is my 2013 clutch kit setup...CUSCO/OS Giken Super Single Clutch kit with Chromoly Flywheel rated at 3.8 KG

The difference in clutch pad design is evident. Plus the pad materials are very different and making the thin Cusco spec more grippy but less weight.

My old MUGEN FLYWHEEL is now sold! and immediately I put in the Cusco/OS Giken! Mugen is about 5.3- 5.5 KG while the Cusco is at 3.8 kg. I will miss the rare Mugen flywheel though.

My mechanic told me to put this motor oil in...APEXi N1 15W-50 spec Motor Oil!

Replaced the clutch slave cylinder

Jacking down and getting ready to countdown to DYNO day! Updates soon...Hope I don't fall flat on my face...

Comment

Markymaclmb's VERY SICK INTEGRA...in Thailand

Nice!

Can't wait to see the dyno graph.
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

do you know how much the car weighs now it has carbon everything?

looks great nonetheless

Comment

Amazing.
                    Can u get the rear quarter panels done in C/F since your going for a C/F shell curiously?

Comment

I was going to do it but my funds ran out before I could get to the rear quarter panels...Maybe in 3 years...cause I was saving for the engine rebuild as well...Currently weight is at 1010 KG with quarter tank of fuel and all the removable chassis bracing still installed. (If I took out all the removable chassis braces and left the seam welded chassis and welded in roll cage and remove my passenger side DOOR CARD, I think I can get sub 985 kg for sure). The only creature comfort in the car is Air Con. I still need air con incase my son comes along for the ride. ABS and Powersteering gone by the way. I get understeer initial turn in, but quickly becomes oversteer when I punch it and turn in more aggressively probably due to the light rear portion of the car. Weight of the car is approximately leaning towards 64/36 percent front rear...as for the power...I just hope I get alot more torque for my car this time around and not chasing high horse power. Prior to the 85mm pistons, I was at 242 hp and 216 nm torque...but I am hoping for 250 hp and 230 nm torque this time around...fingers crossed....If my torque doesn't reach 230 nm, then I'll ask the tuner to lower my horses back until I can find my dream torque figure. Let's see...March 11 Monday Night time is the big tune in day! Will definitely keep you all posted...fail or no fail.
                      Last edited by markymaclmb; 11-03-13, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Came back from the dyno....At first the tuner scared the shit out of me...initially I was jumping all over the place and he showed me that the engine was still FIT...like super tight....needed more run in..he asked me what motor oil I was also using...I told him 15W-50 APEXi Semi Synthetic...(as my mechanic had recommended for my run in...as for KM run in was shy of another 1000 km! So tuning on (cringe) Benzene 95 I got (and this is the scary part) 240 HP and 210 NM..Thats almost what I had last time before all the upgrades...and he let the cat out the bag...he ran it in 3rd gear! hehehe...We let things cool a bit...ran again 4th gear cutting around 9000 rpms and got back 252 hp @8656 and 231 Nm @ 6099 rpms...the great thing this time for me was the torque figure that I was aiming for...somewhere 230...but what surprised me more was how flat it was..from start to finish...The tuner said that the way my engine builder set my engine up was for safety and that it was actually still in run in mode. I needed to clear another 5000 kilos before seeing more HP...like maybe 260 and above...plus the motor oil was too thick (great for now cause it is tight as hell) but later I will drop to 0W-40 Mobil 1 Synthetic as recommended by both tuner and mechanic (After like 5000 km) The funny thing was, in the past we had like 15 runs to try to get to this number...but this time around the tuner ran it only 5 times (including the 3 3rd gear surprise runs to see acceleration and testing the fresh built motor) It felt like it was too easy to get to 231 NM...Compared to a friend's car I might be a bit under. (his power is somewhere 270 hp and 230 NM) but I am banking on finishing up my run in in VTEC from now on to loosen up the engine just a bit and the thinner motor oil will not sap away the HPs....Aiming for 260 HP and 235 NM in another 5000 km! On with the show!!! So for now...this is my figure during my RUN IN period. Will post back after next Dyno after 5000 km. and OIL Change!
                        Last edited by markymaclmb; 12-03-13, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Now that must feel very rewarding.
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Big thread bump but mannnn it thread was such a good read. So many nice Honda's and cars in general out of Thailand too.

What a lucky kid!!
                            Last edited by jv-st; 07-08-15, 04:18 AM.
                            00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
                            13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
                            15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Working...
                            X