the lifestory of a DC5S...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheels

so the time has come for me to start looking for some new wheels for my car..
    Requirements:
    1. has to clear spoon calipers
    2. has to be bronze
    3. 17" and with good width/offset but not requiring other mods (guard rolling, excess camber etc) and no scrubbing/other issues.
    4. same specs front and rear to allow for rotating of tyres
    5. made in jap and costs less dan 2k

Choices so far:
    1. Work 11r in bronze
    Preferred sizes: 17*8 +35 (semi-concave), 3mm less inner, 23mm extra outer
    17*9+38 (full concave) 18mm less inner, 32mm extra outer
    specs sheet

2. Work xt7 in bronze
    Preferred sizes:
    17*9+38 (full concave) 18mm less inner, 32mm extra outer
    (17*8 is flat face so dont want that)
    specs sheet

offset calculator
    for your reference

Also, was looking at tire sizes using this tool
    my best tyre option looks like 235/45/17 which can fit 7.5-9 inches. Any wider and its 3% more than my orignal diameter and therefore apparantly affect brake perfomance. is 235 or 225 better option?
    Will also need to get speedo re-calibrated after all this, so was wondering where and how much?

If you have any other suggestions for wheels (must meet all requirements) let me know. Awaiting your inputs!!
    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
    Flickr
    my car blog - Have a read
    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Prash, get your guards rolled.... its no biggie.

I had guards rolled on 17x8.5+31 ... with minimal camber and i didnt scrub.. get it roled....
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

btw, measured current clearances with oem dc5s 17*7 +45 wheels with tein monofelc coils at std height.
        Outer: f 3cm r 4cm
        Inner: f 3cm r 3cm

inner clearance was measured at the point of least clearance (wheel to strut). with tyres would be less. outer clearance is wheel to edge of guard. measurements done using ruler and eye
        Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Prash, get your guards rolled.... its no biggie.

I had guards rolled on 17x8.5+31 ... with minimal camber and i didnt scrub.. get it roled....
          how much does it cost? and what does it actually involve?. pros/cons?
          Flickr

Comment

seems like the 11r in 17*8 +35 is the safest option. 17*9 +38 is risky with clearance at the rear, and 17*9 +28 at the rear would struggle to fit inside the guards. But these are my noob opinions..what do the experts think?

Also found these wheels. what do u guys think?

weights for 11r: xt7 is similar
            17x7.0 - 18.4 lbs, 17x8.0 - 20.4 lbs, 17x9.0 - 20.6 lbs

wedsport sa-70 17*9 17.8lbs
            oem wheels 20.7lbs
            complete wheel weight list

do these weight matter that much? I know if i want superlightweight, would have to go forged rims but dats way outta budget!

work wheels crsx thread - if someone can find me a pic of black dc5 with bronze 11r or xt7 pics,ill be very grateful (even better if in similar specs to what i want)
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
              how much does it cost? and what does it actually involve?. pros/cons?
              Folds the inner lip back against the guard. At the meet,feel mine and Lowies!

we paid 65 a corner from Sydney Guard Rolling. He does a great job, takes his time, ahs patience and he comes to you!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

dropped the car off at toda today and did a dyno run before all the parts go on..gruppe m only atm
                Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post

do these weight matter that much? I know if i want superlightweight, would have to go forged rims but dats way outta budget!
                  Weight does make a big difference - no need to go forged, if you want lightweight on a budget take a look at Enkei RPF1s. Should be the same price if not cheaper than the Work wheels you're looking at, and these wheels weigh as much as TE37s in the equivalent size.

Not the prettiest wheel to look at, but if you get something in a semi aggressive offset will look good I think.
                  ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Jim80y View Post
                    Weight does make a big difference - no need to go forged, if you want lightweight on a budget take a look at Enkei RPF1s. Should be the same price if not cheaper than the Work wheels you're looking at, and these wheels weigh as much as TE37s in the equivalent size.

Not the prettiest wheel to look at, but if you get something in a semi aggressive offset will look good I think.
                    nooooooooooooooooo! i wanna get them first hahaha! i dynoed 119.9 with just gruppeM Yo lol

Comment

126.3!

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
                        126.3!
                        thats it! i pmed toda bout a dyno day but didnt get a reply, i should be around that mark now with current setup, Prash what numbers are you hoping for after the cams install and tune??

Comment

Should be pretty damn good numbers...

Ah ok. If you want a dyno run just go there on a saturday or something, thats what i did was just $50.

Comment

i wanna beat you while your there lol nah jus the last one was a fun day and was ages ago so thought it would be a good event to have again. In for Prash's impressions of the haltech unit as well!

and whoever above said RPF1's look crap on a dc5 shame on you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim80y View Post

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                              nooooooooooooooooo! i wanna get them first hahaha! i dynoed 119.9 with just gruppeM Yo lol
                              haha dw im not fan of them, dont come in bronze and cbb powedercoating them. the work wheels weigh same as oem even though they are bigger so i think thats my choice
                              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
                                126.3!
                                wt mods?

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                                i wanna beat you while your there lol nah jus the last one was a fun day and was ages ago so thought it would be a good event to have again. In for Prash's impressions of the haltech unit as well!

and whoever above said RPF1's look crap on a dc5 shame on you!
                                u shall know abt the haltech soon, should get car back thurs evening or fri morning latest. i think the rpf1 wud suit blue dc5s well, but for black u wud have to get it polished and im not fan of show off bling bling wheels. Ill still keep my stock wheels and put semis on them for track. Would love to go track with u guys but I wanna make sure my motor is all safe by driving it for a while first. Also I need to get a baffled sump. Dont want any risks.
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X