No announcement yet.

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All done in your garage? I was wondering if you had braided lines yet or not! What time are you heading down to Techsport? I'm heading down there on Saturday for an alignment too.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
      All done in your garage? I was wondering if you had braided lines yet or not! What time are you heading down to Techsport? I'm heading down there on Saturday for an alignment too.
      Yep, all done by my lonesome in my garage, although I got the lady friend to come and help bleed the brakes. I pilfered a spare press from my brother's workshop when I was back in Tasmania picking up the car just for this job, although I should have anticipated how difficult it would be to balance a steering rack in the press .

I'll be there at 10:30.

Comment

Lady friends do come in handy! Removing the rack would've definitely been a tough task on the floor. I may see you on Saturday then, my car is booked in at 9:30.

Comment

Loooking good Tom. Hopefully ill see you up at Winton, depending on whether or not I go.

Comment

Nice work Tom!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              Nice work Tom!
              Thanks Felix!

Originally posted by rookie View Post
              Loooking good Tom. Hopefully ill see you up at Winton, depending on whether or not I go.
              Cheers, hope to see you there. I don't think I have anyone booked in for passenger laps in the morning on Sunday so let me know if you want to come out for a lap or two.

Lady friends do come in handy! Removing the rack would've definitely been a tough task on the floor. I may see you on Saturday then, my car is booked in at 9:30.
              Yeah it's about all they are good for. I'll definitely see you on Saturday as I am always early.

Comment

Bad news

After doing a final check of my suspension on Friday evening I discovered that there is excessive side to side play in the shaft of my front right strut, so the DC5 is going to be on hiatus for the near future. Something is broken inside the inner CV joint on my front right axle too, but that is less of an issue.

Comment

Need replacement for this weekend?
                  BYP Racing & Developments
                  Built. Tuned. Driven
                  Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Sad news to hear Tom...
                    Was looking forward to seeing it on Sunday, hopefully a miracle happens!

Comment

Ahh damm..
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nooooo
                        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                        F1 Nut

Comment

Dang unfortunate news Any idea on what the sound could be? Something broken or just loose?

Comment

Not good to hear at all guy! Hopefully it's an easy fix!

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                              Not good to hear at all guy! Hopefully it's an easy fix!
                              Dang unfortunate news Any idea on what the sound could be? Something broken or just loose?
                              Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                              Nooooo
                              Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                              Need replacement for this weekend?
                              Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                              Sad news to hear Tom...
                              Was looking forward to seeing it on Sunday, hopefully a miracle happens!
                              Originally posted by felixR View Post
                              Ahh damm..
                              Thanks for the condolences guys. I checked everything, the strut definitely has too much movement in it, and both time and budgetary constraints prevent it being ready for the weekend. Hopefully I'll get it running later in the year after I get the dampers rebuilt.

Comment

Damn sorry to hear tom.

Im sure in no time this will be back to its best soon enough!
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X