X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the driver! hahaha jk!

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Everyone come to Winton! If the track hasn't been washed away.

I only did 3 runs for the day, then got bored and went home. Best ET was 14.45 at 99 MPH and my best MPH for the day was 101. Full weight except for the spare tyre and 1/2 tank of fuel. I am pretty happy with the MPH in particular as it suggests that I am up on power from when I last hit the strip so my header and ECU are doing something positive. It is good to have real world evidence of the power improvement since I haven't had the car on a dyno. The quarter mile doesn't lie.

I have also updated the list of modifications to my car and the thread index on the first page.
      Indeed. Everyone should come to Winton!!!

It's a good feeling to see real work differences which dont necessarily lie. I thought you had dyno'd your car?

As if it wouldnt start
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Not bad 1/4 mile time mate, Considering it's not what your car set-up for

Going back awhile ago now......what time did you do at Heathcote 1/4mile?

BTW, Winton goind to be HUGE

Comment

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
          its the driver! hahaha jk!
          This guy knows the score.

Originally posted by l__i__l View Post
          nice run

but i think those wide tyres are doing you no favours on the 1/4 mile

with similar mods i used to run high 13s
          No doubt the tyres/setup don't help but I think my driving was most at fault. Out of interest what modifications did you have and what sort of MPH did you run?

Originally posted by Didz View Post
          Indeed. Everyone should come to Winton!!!

It's a good feeling to see real work differences which dont necessarily lie. I thought you had dyno'd your car?

As if it wouldnt start
          I did intend to dyno the car but the dyno at the workshop where I was also getting an alignment done was broken on the day I took it in. I haven't taken it back since, I wasn't too keen on paying their exorbitant prices in any case.

It has not started before after sitting for a while in the past, the battery is getting a little long in the tooth .

Originally posted by maracer View Post
          Not bad 1/4 mile time mate, Considering it's not what your car set-up for

Going back awhile ago now......what time did you do at Heathcote 1/4mile?

BTW, Winton goind to be HUGE
          Thanks for the kind words Mario. 14.75 or so at about 97 MPH was my best at Heathcote back in the day, so at the very least I am happy that the car hasn't lost any power in the intervening years.

You are right Winton is going to be a massive day. I can't wait! It is high time I started buying some of the parts I need I guess.

Comment

No doubt the tyres/setup don't help but I think my driving was most at fault. Out of interest what modifications did you have and what sort of MPH did you run?
            hey mate I started off with bolt-ons;

i/h/e/rbc dyno tuned with kpro

and my pb up until then was 13.729 @ 101.75

added some ips bling

pb went down to 13.471 @ 102.55

this was back in the day when calder used to be actually good

ur mph is bloody good! but ur reaction time is slooow!

u can easily make up half sec there

u should practice this all day haha

nah but u can start launching from the yellow light just make sure your tyres don't move until the green

other then that u should be able to knock off 4 tenths off 60 ft with some narrower tyres

and then bam your well into the 13s

but 102mph without cams thats a quick car!

Comment

nice trap speed Tom!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice to see you hit the 1/4mile. That time is quite impressive.

Do you know how many spots left for winton?
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Nice update y0. I see you are running out of ideas to punish your car and have finally resorted to taking it to the drag strip.

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post

None.

The trackday was full from the 2nd day it was annouced and everyone who has a spot has already fully paid.

This is probaly the most quickest filling track day I have ever seen.

Are you seriously keen Jimmy? If so we can ask and see how long the waiting list is but as you can imagine its quite long and getting a spot would be a slim chance at best.

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    nice trap speed Tom!
                    Thanks Felix!

Originally posted by l__i__l View Post
                    hey mate I started off with bolt-ons;

i/h/e/rbc dyno tuned with kpro

and my pb up until then was 13.729 @ 101.75

added some ips bling

pb went down to 13.471 @ 102.55

this was back in the day when calder used to be actually good

ur mph is bloody good! but ur reaction time is slooow!

u can easily make up half sec there

u should practice this all day haha

nah but u can start launching from the yellow light just make sure your tyres don't move until the green

other then that u should be able to knock off 4 tenths off 60 ft with some narrower tyres

and then bam your well into the 13s

but 102mph without cams thats a quick car!
                    Thanks for the pointers, it might be another few years before I head back to the strip to try them though . Yeah my reaction times were all crap like that, I was trying to focus on getting a good launch without being hurried by the lights. I think my best 60ft last time I went to the strip was 2.2 or so, I feel like if I could have matched that I would have gone a lot closer to the 14 mark as you say.

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post

Thanks Jimmy. As Vin Vin mentions above the EXE day at Winton is long filled, and the waiting list is epic. Sorry, I should have mentioned how quickly it would fill up.

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                    Nice update y0. I see you are running out of ideas to punish your car and have finally resorted to taking it to the drag strip.
                    Haha I love my car I don't punish it, but maybe I will repeat the drag strip adventures at some point in the future.

Comment

hows your Micra going mate! still go it?
                      was going to go on sunday just to have a look had a feeling you would be there.
                      starting to itch for track again...

Comment

hey dude, you going to be going to Wakefield??
                        Shift performance track day or nah
                        22nd November

Comment

Winton on the 21st Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                            Winton on the 21st Nov.
                            Yep

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                            hey dude, you going to be going to Wakefield??
                            Shift performance track day or nah
                            22nd November
                            I am still considering popping up Wakefield way but I am struggling to find motivation at the moment.

Originally posted by RDC-2™ View Post
                            hows your Micra going mate! still go it?
                            was going to go on sunday just to have a look had a feeling you would be there.
                            starting to itch for track again...
                            Micra is well. Needs more low but apart from that it has been the perfect daily driver. Hopefully I will see you at the track sometime soon in your new vehicle.

Comment

Yep

I am still considering popping up Wakefield way but I am struggling to find motivation at the moment.

Micra is well. Needs more low but apart from that it has been the perfect daily driver. Hopefully I will see you at the track sometime soon in your new vehicle.
                              Come on Tom mate, get the boat on the 21st and we can drive up together mate... 2 MR DC5R's... Rest when we arrive and track it on the 22nd... Come home on the 23rd... Good trip....

What ya reckon??
                              PM me if ya want man

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                                Come on Tom mate, get the boat on the 21st and we can drive up together mate... 2 MR DC5R's... Rest when we arrive and track it on the 22nd... Come home on the 23rd... Good trip....

What ya reckon??
                                PM me if ya want man
                                Still considering but at the moment Wakefield is a no . Will let you know if plans change.

I ordered two new tyres today, I decided to go with 225/45R17s which I will fit to a pair of my 17x8.5 +30 SSR Type Cs. The two good 245/40s I have will go on a pair of the 17x9.5 +15s. I doubt this setup will be any slower than the 275/245.

Also on the agenda are a few reliability related parts, another front wheel bearing and hub among them. I should just keep a stockpile of them for the future .

Comment

Working...
                                X