Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danielj View Post
    nice!! what's wrong with the amooose?
    probably nothing wrong with the amooser other than a few dents but tom wants MOAR loud =P.... as to better deafen his opponents
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

are you going to get the j's 4-2 or do you need to mod to fit your todars?

Comment

The y pipe has me intriged
        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

When you eventually pick up a 3" titanium straight pipe, what will you end up doing with both your exhausts? Hang them on your wall?
          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
            BALLER! why arent you on msn much tommy
            Poverty not baller. I am a busy guy these days, I work two jobs to pay for my cars .

nice!! what's wrong with the amooose?
            Muffin much, it is just a bit flat on the bottom from roads/ripple strips/life. I wouldn't mind getting a new bit of pipe welded in if it isn't too difficult or expensive.

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
            probably nothing wrong with the amooser other than a few dents but tom wants MOAR loud =P.... as to better deafen his opponents
            Not even sure the J's will be louder than the Amuse, the Amuse has gotten quite loud since the header install. I don't think I will ever be satisfied with the loudness of my car .

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
            are you going to get the j's 4-2 or do you need to mod to fit your todars?
            Will just leave the J's 2-1 off, I had initially planned to use a cheap OEM 4-2 but then decided to also get the Toda manifold from Jonnie R because he is a top kid.

Originally posted by Didz View Post
            The y pipe has me intriged
            Nothing to see here, move along.

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
            When you eventually pick up a 3" titanium straight pipe, what will you end up doing with both your exhausts? Hang them on your wall?
            Exactly that sir, exhausts are nearly as serious business as wheels. Gotta catch 'em all.

What would sir say if I purchased an SSR manifold with a custom 70mm outlet and then had a nice 70mm exhaust made?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              Muffin much, it is just a bit flat on the bottom from roads/ripple strips/life. I wouldn't mind getting a new bit of pipe welded in if it isn't too difficult or expensive.
              where would you get it fixed? curious to know as i think my resonator is cracked but no idea who deals with titanium.

Comment

Since plAythiNG asked what was up with my car in another thread, and I didn't want to clutter that thread up I thought I would bump my blag back up with a few thoughts .

My next track engagement is currently the 21st of November at Winton. I hope to do a little testing before then, but I won't be making any (major )changes to the car.

I need to buy two new Hoosiers, and I have decided to get 225/45s and fit them to my 17x8.5" +30 SSRs and then put the previous rear 245s on the front 9.5 +15 SSRs. Then I still need to learn to drive. I think it would be foolish of me to make any more changes to the car until I at least get to the mid 1:38 at Winton the car is clearly capable of.

I am also considering getting some adjustable rear upper arms just to even up my rear camber a little and reduce it a bit for more flushnessss and maybe even better handling. Ha. Not sure which arms to go for, tempted to go for spherical bearings since the car doesn't get driven much anymore. J's Racing and Hardrace are the options I know of with spherical bearings, but honestly the dubious manufacture of the Hardrace part scares me and the spindly looking J's part scares me mostly because it is J's. I haven't exactly been ecstatic with the quality of the J's Racing parts I have used in the past .

Any suggestions? I am tempted to just get the Ingalls since it is sturdy and has a bracket for the brake line unlike some.

where would you get it fixed? curious to know as i think my resonator is cracked but no idea who deals with titanium.
                Still haven't looked at getting the Amuse fixed and still haven't put the J's A-SPL on. Will most likely wait until I am back in Melbourne to fit it, I could't bear to mess it up on Tasmanian roads.

Comment

Im glad you are going to try the 245 setup on the front. I daresay you will still get super results from it compared to the 275's. I shall see you there in November!
                  Last edited by Didz; 08-08-10, 09:29 PM.
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Nothing wrong with hardrace products. Used them thru the race EG with no faults. Cant say the same with junk2.

club day november?
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Built. Tuned. Driven
                    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Nice to see you're using 225 on the 8.5. Now I don't feel as bad. (I thought I might have been running too thin) See you in Nov too! I want to sit in your car and see how you drive. Then maybe I'll break into the 1:40's.

Comment

Good to hear.
                        Interesting tyre set-up, I thought 225/45 on 8.5 might be a bit under size? I’m thinking 235/40 but then size profile change.
                        Do you have the tyre’s on the rims yet? Interested see how they look/fit?

BTW i'm not too sure about J's either!

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                          Im glad you are going to try the 245 setup on the front. I daresay you will still get super results from it compared to the 275's. I shall see you there in November!
                          Yeah I am hoping that the 245 will be at least as fast as the 275, so all that will be left is for me to drive it well . See you there fella!

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                          Nothing wrong with hardrace products. Used them thru the race EG with no faults. Cant say the same with junk2.

club day november?
                          Hardrace do have a good reputation I guess, I just need to get over my JDM yo bias. Are you guys using any of their spherical bearings on the EG?

Yeah it is just a club day in November, are you guys keen to come along? Let me know and I will PM you the link to the entry form. Would be great to see the BYP machine at Winton.

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                          Nice to see you're using 225 on the 8.5. Now I don't feel as bad. (I thought I might have been running too thin) See you in Nov too! I want to sit in your car and see how you drive. Then maybe I'll break into the 1:40's.
                          225s are plenty, just ask Eddy (air23box). 1.38s at Winton on 225s with ease. You are welcome to a passenger ride, don't expect too much though .

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                          Good to hear.
                          Interesting tyre set-up, I thought 225/45 on 8.5 might be a bit under size? I’m thinking 235/40 but then size profile change.
                          Do you have the tyre’s on the rims yet? Interested see how they look/fit?

BTW i'm not too sure about J's either!
                          Thanks Mario. I don't think I can force myself to like the J's part either.

My other wheels have 225s on a 9" and it doesn't bother me too much, makes for a nice responsive tyre. 225 on an 8.5 is just nice. Tyres aren't on the wheels yet, I won't buy them for a while, but if you go back a few pages you can see my 225s on the 17x9 +28s, it gives a slight stretch but it doesn't seem dangerous.

Comment

Were using all the hardrace spherical bearing throughout the car.

Hit me up with a pm for form. Lands on a sunday which is kinda perfect.
                            BYP Racing & Developments
                            Built. Tuned. Driven
                            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

cant wait till jsutbefore November, when u start prepping your car for the track ;P! Any new plans for the car?
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

can you also PM me the link to the entry form please

very interested to go Winton
                                Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Working...
                                X