No announcement yet.

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congratulations guy..! great work on the new pb!
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      One more pic thanks to Didz.

since when do you put makeup on.....
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

lol good work tom.. i told you that you get there =P..
        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
        Originally posted by tinkerbell
        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Tom, how did DBA rotor's hold up?

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            congratulations guy..! great work on the new pb!
            Thanks mate. I think I might be ready to challenge you at Wakefield again now .

Originally posted by air23box View Post
            since when do you put makeup on.....

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
            lol good work tom.. i told you that you get there =P..
            Thanks champ. I should have had more faith in myself .

Originally posted by maracer View Post
            Tom, how did DBA rotor's hold up?
            My DBA rotors have been performing well for some time. I use the slotted street series with Project Mu pads and this is the 7th track day I have run on them as far as I can remember. They aren't showing noticable wear although there are small hairline cracks beginning to appear, so I will proably replace them for safety reasons once my current pads are done.

I musn't be very hard on my brakes .
            Last edited by ChargeR; 12-05-09, 10:02 AM.

Comment

My DBA rotors have been performing well for some time. I use the slotted street series with Project Mu pads and this is the 7th track day I have run on them as far as I can remember. They aren't showing noticable wear although there are small hairline cracks beginning to appear, so I will proably replace them for safety reasons once my current pads are done.

I musn't be very hard on my brakes .
              I went through rotors after 2 track days and 15,000kms street use in the GTI.

Either you brake like a bitch or I'm heavier than a pregnancy in a nunnery.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post

who needs brakes when u run cheater tyres?
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                  I'm curious now though. A mate at work who used to work at Sherrins preparing Porsche Cup swears by the Hoosiers. Some Cup cars used to use them.

Where'd you get them from Tom?

Comment

I have no idea why my rotors last so long. I think it will vary a lot from car to car and vary a lot with pad selection. You have to remember that the GTi probably weighs significantly more and has significantly more power than my car.

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                    Truth.

I'm curious now though. A mate at work who used to work at Sherrins preparing Porsche Cup swears by the Hoosiers. Some Cup cars used to use them.

Where'd you get them from Tom?
                    I got them from Trackside Tyres and I believe that the guy there gets them from the Australian Hoosier distributor. The only issue with the Hoosiers is that they are specifically prohibited in a lot of classes. No idea why .

Comment

I have no idea why my rotors last so long. I think it will vary a lot from car to car and vary a lot with pad selection. You have to remember that the GTi probably weighs significantly more and has significantly more power than my car.

Truth.

I got them from Trackside Tyres and I believe that the guy there gets them from the Australian Hoosier distributor. The only issue with the Hoosiers is that they are specifically prohibited in a lot of classes. No idea why .
                      There'd be no issues for Superlap or Supersprints though????

Comment

There'd be no issues for Superlap or Supersprints though????
                        Check on there website and guidelines. Im not sure whether they are permitted.
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                          Check on there website and guidelines. Im not sure whether they are permitted.
                          Against the rules for both Superlap and the NSW SS series. I have checked previously .

Comment

Thanks for the good advice on the tyre pressures I am thinking I will try them at 38, 36 and 34 psi (hot) at the EXE day to get in the vicinity of what works best.
                            I have tried the above pressures and i have found for my style of driving and setup, that running 34 hot on the front and 36 hot at the rears gave me the best laptimes.

Does anyone else run different pressures from the front and back?

Comment

are they okay to use at CAMS sanctioned trackdays?
                              Like at PI or Sandown?

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                                I have tried the above pressures and i have found for my style of driving and setup, that running 34 hot on the front and 36 hot at the rears gave me the best laptimes.

Does anyone else run different pressures from the front and back?
                                What tyres is this on? I will probably be trialling a bit of tyre pressure differential to try and get the rear of the car to behave as I want it. I wasn't getting as much oversteer as I would have hoped with the staggered tyres.

Originally posted by what? View Post
                                are they okay to use at CAMS sanctioned trackdays?
                                Like at PI or Sandown?
                                Yes they should be fine. They are a DOT approved radial, I could drive on the street with them if I felt like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X