My DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    i ran 17x8.5+31 at the rear with 235/40 tire.. camber was just -0.55 , gauirds rolled.
    sweet, thanks for the info man. Once I've had the guards rolled I'll be looking to run as little camber as possible in the rear (No more then -1')

Comment

Well with the 8.5 at the rear. it sat flush/and phat with -0.55. So look for a camber setting anywhere from -0.30- -0.55 and you'll be set!
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Younger brother and I took some photos of our cars today (Thread is on JDMst). But thought I would update this thread as I'm running the Advan RG's all round now.

F: 17x9.5 +35 245/40/17
        R: 17x8.5 +31 225/45/17

I was experiencing slight scrubbing when I had 255/40's on there, but with the 245/40's no scrubbing what so ever.

Anyway, enjoy the pics.

Comment

So very clean....soo clean!

Comment

looks hot!!! very done.

fixed up the rear camber yet?

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I like to wash it regularly, and polish/clay bar it every couple of months... so it's always clean. Also the fact it spends Monday-Friday in a garage not being driven kinda helps.

I have to buy camber arms... the camber bushes are maxed out!!

Kinda in a rut again and not sure if I want to keep the car... or move onto something else... like a Golf R

HELP ME!

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                Thanks for the comments. I like to wash it regularly, and polish/clay bar it every couple of months... so it's always clean. Also the fact it spends Monday-Friday in a garage not being driven kinda helps.

I have to buy camber arms... the camber bushes are maxed out!!

Kinda in a rut again and not sure if I want to keep the car... or move onto something else... like a Golf R

HELP ME!
                It's a tough call to make. The Golf R is obviously an awesome car but giving up any car is tough, especially if it's one you love so much.

Have you driven the R? One drive should make your mind up.

Comment

Am yet to drive the Golf R... every time I go to a VW dealership I'm standing around for 20 min before anyone serves me, and then they are reluctant to talk to me let along drive the thing. Not sure if it's my age (23)... but the last time I went to a VW dealership I went with my older brother (Owns a VW Jetta TSI-T) and we parked infront of the front door... and still nothing.

A friend of mine said he knows someone that works at a VW dealership so would set up a drive for me.

Lets just hope it's not the same as when I drove the Evo 9...

Comment

What happened with the Evo 9?

Which dealership did you go to? Can I suggest calling Highway Autos and making an appointment. We would bounce people just turning up for a test drive in the GTI and R32. Making an appointment shows a different level of commitment.

Comment

I put the Integra on the market at the beginning of the year with the intention of buying a Evo 9 or STI Hatch (I actually like the look of them... strange I know).

A friend of mine said that a guy he works with was trading his Evo 9 in and that he would let me take it for a drive. It was a stock Evo 9 MR... which is what I intended on buying.

Got in the car, drove it around an industrial estate at 11 o'clock on a Friday night. Once I'd finished driving it the owner turned to me and said "So, what did you think?". I said "Yeah it's a great car... but...", there was a awkward pause for a few seconds, then he said "Yeah I know it's a Lancer with a body kit", I said "No, no, it's not that... there is just something about it... but I can't put my finger on it". I got out of the car and was kind of puzzled as to what was "wrong" with the car... all while the owner was doing heli's down the road in the Evo.

Anyway, the car didn't blow me away like I had thought it would have (After reading reviews, watching top gear and final gear and talking to others have have driven/owned one).

Anyway, I got home at 1am and took my for sale threads off all the forums I had it on (I actually had a fair bit of interest in the car within the 3 days it was online). Driving the Integra home after that drive, I actually had a new found respect for it.

Comment

Ask for Andreas at Highway VW. we bought a few cars from him. tell him Philip with the Tiguan sent you.

mate, since the DC5 is a weekend car, i don't think you should change. R is a better daily but is ultimately not as fun as your DC5.
                        Last edited by Philip Lee; 01-09-10, 02:20 PM.

Comment

u had a "4wd complex" reference to initial D stage 4 if u have watched
                          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Fah that hard to be able to test drive one? Me and my friend went to VW and was able to test drive one. He currently drives a VW Golf R32. The Golf R looks sexy az, and they pull so great. My friend has already baught it but is waiting for it to come in dec/next year. He got alot of extra's and etc on it. If your looking for good power/everyday drive the Gold R is one of the best to go.

Let us know how you go, but im sure it will be better then the Evo 9 MR. imo the interior in the R is much better then the Evo. Thats what you see most of in the car, exterior they're both really good. Cant compare both in actual driving as i havent driven an 9MR but the R is great.

Comment

Originally posted by AsHw3e View Post

Let us know how you go, but im sure it will be better then the Evo 9 MR. imo the interior in the R is much better then the Evo. Thats what you see most of in the car, exterior they're both really good. Cant compare both in actual driving as i havent driven an 9MR but the R is great.
                              The ONLY thing the Evo has over the R is performance. That's my attraction to it for a weekend warrior car.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                                The ONLY thing the Evo has over the R is performance. That's my attraction to it for a weekend warrior car.
                                Thats true. But the R still goes pretty good. Spesh after a remap, be sweet az.

Comment

Working...
                                X