No announcement yet.

My DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From OEM ECU to K-pro base map... the change was great. I was actually amazed that a simply ECU change with a base map made such a differance. As you can see, there was a huge dip in power just before vtec... and it just felt a little dead below vtec.

K-pro base map to Adrian tune... The change was great. Got rid of the flat spot before vtec and just smoothed out the entire powerband. I was told that with the base map the air/fuel ration was all over the shop, so this has also been fixed up, so even though the power/torque dosn't look like its changed a lot, the car actually feels a lot better to drive.

Was well worth it!

Comment

hey, where did u get respray done and how much? thanks
      Leighton T. aka LTPICS MSN=DEMON83_INC@HOTMAIL.COM
      '80 Accord 3D Hatch>'02 VW Golf S>'00 EM1 B18cR>'09 SYM Red Devil + '04 DC5R

for sale= http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127617

Comment

Hi Leighton

Respray was done at a place at Browns Plains... I'll have to get the name. Was done as mate rates...

Anyway... UPDATE!! First one in a while.

After looking at the car a fair bit, I felt that the front sat way to high compared to the back, so wanted to lower it more, but was told by my mechanic that if I went any lower, I would need to sort out the tie rod issue. So after purchasing a set of inverted tie rod ends of Temp I as in business. Last weekend I had the following things done.

- Tie rod ends fitted
        - Front lowered
        - Full wheel alignment (Including -1.5' camber in the front)

End result, car looks a lot better, and also has great turn in... but mid corner is a bit touchy. My next mod is definitely going to be to get the rear guards rolled to reduce negative camber (Currently at -3).

My younger brother and I went out today to take some pics.

ENJOY!

Comment

clean and mint ride there

Comment

looks good!!

Comment

looking definetly very nice

Comment

change your rims, get some aggressive black or gold coloured rims
                Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                  change your rims, get some aggressive black or gold coloured rims
                  Change your face!

Naa just kidding...

I am thinking of getting some new rims (Keeping these as track rims and putting some decent rubber on them).

Something with similar dimensions as 03DC5R, but different design and color.

Comment

actually sell it and get a type SSSSSS

lols

i think his wheels are too big man, wont ride well for a daily
                    Blaze Orange

Comment

Lucky my car isn't a daily...

Comment

So I got bored last night and decided to fit the 17x9.5 +35 Advan RG's I had sitting in the garage as they currently have 255/40's on them.

Looks alright I think.

They don't seem to be fouling on anything (I've gone around the block a few times), and there is a slight bit of poke on the front. I'm running -1.5' camber at the moment, so I'm thinking of getting this put down to -1 and running 245/40's instead.

I'll have to get the rear guards rolled before I can fit the 17x8.5 +31's, but these don't have tyres at the moment. I'll probably run 225/45's on these.

Also getting the rims re-sprayed before final fitting.
                        Last edited by 45SET; 26-06-10, 01:37 PM.

Comment

looks good. hows corner exit traction now???

Comment

lol... taking it easy at the moment. Tyres look like they haven't been used in a while, so are as hard as a rock, so I won't be taking any corners fast.

Comment

i ran 17x8.5+31 at the rear with 235/40 tire.. camber was just -0.55 , gauirds rolled.
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

looks hot robsta

Comment

Working...
                                X