• Show
Clear All

Epic update

Good luck for next weekend!
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

good read and good luck! can't wait to see the car at the QLD meet

Comment

Thanks guys, hopefully it all just falls into place.

As for the info, I always seem to just ramble when it comes to telling a story, so I'm happy that you guys actually appreciate it

*UPDATE*

Jason just rung me and told me he spoke to the workshop that is going to helicoil the thread... $20. WOOT, and it'll probably get done today!

I'm still waiting to hear back from Yonas at JDMyard about the following parts
        - Head Gasket - K24
        - Rocker cover gasket - K-series
        - Hondabond
        - Knock sensor - K-Series (Found on the front of the engine)

Hopefully Yonas has these parts in stock as I don't really want to have to go through Honda. They either won't stock them (and have a 2 week wait for them), or they'll charge something stupid for them.

Comment

Yonas just replied to my email... he has the parts in stock... WOOT!

Comment

great stuff mate.
            There's always 1 thing to stuff things up

Comment

Build is coming along nicely, can't wait to see how it drives.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                Rear
                Rims
                Volk TE37
                17x9 +22

Tyres
                Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
                225/45/17

Camber
                -3'

Mods
                - Rear guards have been rolled
                - Top of the inside of the rear bar as been cut
                Thanks again for sharing the specs.

Hopefully I can max out my buddyclub rear camber kit and be able to fit the same specs of wheels but with a 235/45 tyre. On the interwebs, buddyclub p1 is apparently achievable up to -4deg, so that should be enough to fit the wider tyre. if not, Hardrace will be for me.

You still comming down to Sydney next week at all Robi?
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  Thanks again for sharing the specs.

Hopefully I can max out my buddyclub rear camber kit and be able to fit the same specs of wheels but with a 235/45 tyre. On the interwebs, buddyclub p1 is apparently achievable up to -4deg, so that should be enough to fit the wider tyre. if not, Hardrace will be for me.

You still comming down to Sydney next week at all Robi?
                  Not a problem man!

I was thinking of coming down the week of the 21st-25th to get a tune. But I've found out Adrian is coming to Brisbane on the 18th-20th... so that is obviously going to save me a fair bit of money, so I might actually pull out of the trip to Sydney

Comment

adrian in town and i'm kpro-less.

Comment

speak to benson/fatboy and order kpro for tpye s. drive down to sydney for the CITR BBQ, and see them for a kpro install and tune
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Another day... another set back.

This one is our fault though. As you all know, we took the K20 out last week, and had it sitting on the ground, then we discovered the threaded head on the K24... so we started pulling that apart, disregarding the K20 all together.

Today we started by pulling the gearbox off the K20... boom... clutch is dead. Glenn confirmed that on side had no meat left on it, and the other had about 1mm. Glenn has told me to ring Direct Clutch in Brisbane and have them repuck the Excedy clutch I have with either a 5 or 6 puck carbotic spring disk. I'll also have them test clamp the pressure plate and see if they can modify the fingers for more clamping pressure. Obviously I'll have my 3.8kg Toda flywheel machined in the process. Hopefully this can all be done before Thursday (We'll be dropping it off on Monday)

So we decided to put the K24 all back together, ready for the gearbox to be mounted, so that we can put it into the car by no later then Friday! It's all going to be very touch and go for us and this build in the next week. The basic run down is:
                        - New clutch (To above specs) and machined flywheel
                        - Fit Clutch and flywheel
                        - Fit engine
                        - Rewire engine
                        - Fit sub frame
                        Hopefully the above can be done by next Friday. The following needs to be done on the Saturday morning :s
                        - Wheel alignment
                        - 3' stainless cat back
                        As most of the work shops in Brisbane are only open till 12pm on a Saturday, I'm not sure how I'm going to go with the Saturday morning stuff... even though the exhaust shop I plan to use is only down the road from my suspension shop.

If all of the above is done, I'll be getting Adrian to tune the car on Monday... YAY!

Anyway... where are some happy snaps of the car. I always love to see engines with all the bits attached to them, so I thought I would mount my Toda headers and my RBC to the engine, just so I can see what it all looks like... before it's hidden in the engine bay.

I've also noticed that when I get bad news about the engine (Such as the threaded spark plug and clutch), I start to clean stuff. I've basically degreased the gearbox last week when I found out about the spark plug... and the engine when I heard about the clutch.

This has really got me to thinking of getting rid of aircon, sourcing an electronic steering rack (Thus eliminating the powering steering pump), and going all out with a wire tuck. I'm actually REALLY enjoying all this DIY work I've been doing/helping with, and I wouldn't mind actually building a car to similar specs to something you would probably find in the States.
                        Last edited by 45SET; 13-11-11, 08:36 PM.

Comment

oh mai gah! Sweet build Robi hope all goes well for you in time for tune

Comment

Man, this build is making me want to do a k20/k24 frank build. This is truly an inspiration and pleasure to read and follow this build. Please do take more pictures and please continue give us your experiences in each step of this build.

Comment

Ditto norm..

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                                oh mai gah! Sweet build Robi hope all goes well for you in time for tune
                                Thanks man... here's hoping!

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                                Man, this build is making me want to do a k20/k24 frank build. This is truly an inspiration and pleasure to read and follow this build. Please do take more pictures and please continue give us your experiences in each step of this build.
                                Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
                                Ditto norm..
                                If you have the tools, I would recommend it. I've never been mechanically minded before, but I've really enjoyed this entire experience... well the engine building side... not the money side

Using the RSX service manual has been really good. If you asked me 3 weeks ago to fit a K20 oil pump to a K24, I would have said "Pfft... fark that". Now, I would ask for the parts and tools, and I could do it without the manual! The K-Series is really a fool proof engine, and is fun to work on. I was thinking the other day, if I don't sell the K20, I might keep it, and just rebuild it for fun (Then try to convince my younger brother to put it in his NA MX5 )

I'll try to keep the pictures and what not up to date for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X