This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Similar to mine. I've got the Trust core which uses Earl's fittings.

Is it mounted in the same position? O.S. chassis rail behind brake duct?

Comment

Nice intercooler Jing
        Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
          Similar to mine. I've got the Trust core which uses Earl's fittings.

Is it mounted in the same position? O.S. chassis rail behind brake duct?
          nope becuase it is a customer oil cooler kit it does not come with the mounting plates to mount it there. however it is a 19 row compared to a 10 row i believe.

Also i have doubts on placing it right infront of the brake duct id rather position it infront of the cold side of the radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
            nope becuase it is a customer oil cooler kit it does not come with the mounting plates to mount it there. however it is a 19 row compared to a 10 row i believe.

Also i have doubts on placing it right infront of the brake duct id rather position it infront of the cold side of the radiator.
            My car will draw air to brakes via custom pipes in front replacement bar either side of radiator. Oil cooler draws it's own air, so usual down side of a Trust kit is nullified. I've seen 30` temp drops using this cooler so it's doing it's job even in it's current position with OEM bar.

Won't the cooler fitted in front of radiator block air flow to radiator? I've got a bit of playing round but hope to achieve max air flow to both coolers without brakes being starved of cool air.

Comment

thats why you leave the oil cooler on the front of the radiator on the cool side as in the water enters radiator via one side and as it snakes around the radiator it exits in a cool state...... that side is the best.

basically someone told me by placing the oil cooler on the left side a 19row oil cooler cools as effectively as a 10 row oil cooler etc

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                Jingers
                Just spotted your build, that is amazing
                Best of luck with it all

Was that Mugen kit delivered in under-coat of finished paint.

Comment

Looks like pre-paint Mugen bumper.

Comment

pre painted.....pretty good match too....

looks like he's doing a type S conversion

should start a new thread " my project - getting really close now!"

z10 says:
                    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                    z10 says:
                    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

the new mugen kits come prepainted in a choosen color. ie side skirts rear lip.

but that front bar is just primered finish. need to paint. Same with bonnet and wing

Comment

continue on... its getting closer... keep inspiring ppl... ur doing an awesome job already
                        <3j

Comment

we need more progress pics for inspiration!
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

yeah for god sakes, we need some more eye candy. hahaha...

Comment

has ur target of 1:10 changed to maybe 1:09/08 ? as the new resurfacing is so much more smoother and easier... or does it still stand.. it still is a very quick lap time but the new 1:09/8 is the old 1:10s now

project is looking good! keep it up.. alot of bling parts!

Cheers Dave
                              RWD + Boost =

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X