B16 EK Nugget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure we found the issue.

Luckily with a bit of googling it seems this is a crazy common occurrence, literally hundreds & hundreds of threads on the net with the same "Fuse 15 keeps blowing" topic.
    There was a service bulletin released for it back in the date stating that it was highly possible that the loom can rub through on the bracket under the intake manifold causing a short.
    The black/yellow wire that has rubbed through on mine is runs to fuse 15 & also is the one in the service bulletin so pretty much guaranteed to be the problem, we'll be checking throughout the loom for any other damage to be safe & prevent anything like this in the future haha
    So for anyone who reads this with a B-series, avoid this potential issue & cover the wires on this plug with a bunch of elec tape & conduit, also wrap up & conduit the part of the loom that sits on this bracket to be safe!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
    Good work on getting out there man.
    Unfortunate about the issues but fix it and head back out!

Should look at doing h nats in September rather than waiting til October

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate.

I was planning on coming up to watch Hnats, thought it may have been a bit too competitive/fast for a noob like me to enter.
    The advantage I have of doing EXE/Nugnats days is that friends of mine enter them too so there's always a trailer of shame to borrow if I need haha

Comment

Bummer on the issue but good thing it was easy to find the solution. You'll definitely want to run another 0.5-1 degree of neg camber at the front and potentially the rear too, see how you go.

Comment

Fixed up the wiring issue over the weekend thanks to my mate Nik, pulling the intake mani & knowing where to plug everything in again is not something I'd be able to do myself haha!

This was the culprit bracket that the loom rubbed through:

I absolutely caked the whole bracket in electrical tape covering the sharp edges with what felt like half a roll :lol:
        Double wrapped the loom with conduit & also conduit-ed the problem area (wires into the blue plug), again wrapped the fk out of it all in tape & we cable tied everything down to prevent ANY future movement.
        I'll burn this car to the ground if a blown fuse ends another trackday lol

All together & running like a dream after a test drive

Hate has turned back to love once again haha
        Will now leave the car as is for a month or two & start collecting the remainder of the suspension bits, need to start harassing JDMyard for my bloody LCA's!

Originally posted by Austro View Post
        Bummer on the issue but good thing it was easy to find the solution. You'll definitely want to run another 0.5-1 degree of neg camber at the front and potentially the rear too, see how you go.
        Cheers for the tip
        I was thinking -2.5-2.75deg front & -2deg rear, probably take a bit of toe out of the front in the same alignment so I don't chew through tyres too quickly!

Comment

Working...
        X