No announcement yet.

New addition: '88 CRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really miss my crx!!! This is exactly what my garage should've looked like!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

You and your finds Pete! Nice pickup with the wheels.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Exhaust developed a nasty rattle - mid-muffler sounded like its baffles were stuffed. Booked it in with CHE and asked them to do a cat-back sport system and to fill the exhaust cutout with a twin-tip. The result is a great setup that has a snarl when I put my foot down but isn't offensive to ride in. My 8yo loved it on the drive home.

Next step is to drop the ride height a little.
        1988 CRX
        1999 Integra Type R
        2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Time for an update:

Rexxy needed a new radiator and hoses (understandable after 30 years) as well as a fluids flush as the brakes and PS and coolant had never been done since I bought it. All of that was taken care of. On top of that the suspension was still OEM 30yo and while it was comfortable, the body roll was sad even though somewhere in the past 15000kms the bushings had been done. The ride height was SUV territory.

Tein coilovers similar to the DC2R wasn't an option as they are not comfortable for prolonged periods on the road and I'd had good experiences with the BC BR series on the E30 318is

I finally bit the bullet and spent a weekend fitting the BCs

I spent this weekend bringing the height down... I think I went a little too low but it handles far better than it used to already, sans wheel alignment.

Feedback on the BC BRs: Are they as good as the Teins on my DC2R? No, but they are more comfortable. The Type R has been driven to Melb and back from Qld and the ride was firm but you could feel every crack in the road. In a good way. Having run BCs on the E30, I knew there was a trade off but with the hardness adjusted down, it's what I was looking for on the street. While I'm tempted to track the CRX for fun, I keep going back to the fact it is a 30yo car that will fail eventually if pushed around a track. Could I have spent 1K more for top of the line suspension? Probably not and what would be the point for a street car? Instead the money is going into new brake lines (front are dying), CVs and some repairs to the rear bumper and redoing/respraying the sealant in the roof channels as they are letting a little bit of water in.
          1988 CRX
          1999 Integra Type R
          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Working...
          X