Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan's 95 EG Civic GLI

Hey everyone!

Thought I would share my new purchase a Honda Civic EG. Bit of background information, I'm still on my learners and have been for quite a while, been wanting to get a civic ever since my brother sold his EK, it was like so clean. Some of you guys may have seen me at the Annual BBQ in Shak’s car. For the past 5 months I've been looking for a stock Black EG with sunroof reason being imo black cars just look more shiny when detailed and I love S2000's probably the closest I'll get to going top down lolol. It was not until roughly last week a red one popped up for a decent price with Logbooks sitting at 190,000 kms. All the other ones that I went to look at didn't have any which made me change my mind about do I really need to get one in Black and with sunroof. So went to inspect the car the very next day, abit of fade and tree sap on the roof but nothing too major to be buffed out hahaha. It had a fair few bolt on mods as well with receipts mostly from JDMyard and the interior was very clean with factory tools and included the stock parts which he removed too. To top off he was the 2nd owner of the car. Nice bloke. Negotiated on prices and that was the deal done.

Brothers old EK

9/3/16:
    The very next day I gave the car a good wash/ polish / wax and gave the interior a good clean it came with. Boy was I so happy with the condition of the interior. Like even the seatbelt buttons had no dirt, just another check I do to see how clean it is hahaha

List of modifications that the car came with:

• BuddyClub P1
    • EG6 SIR lip
    • Cupholders
    • Ultra Racing 3 Point Strut Brace
    • Simota Carbon Intake
    • NRG Carbon mirrors
    • Spoon Style Carbon Spoiler
    • Momo Steering Wheel
    • Mugen Pedals
    • Skunk 2 Gearknob
    • Skunk 2 Coilovers
    • Type R Shift Boot red stitching
    • Kenwood CD Player and Speakers
    • EG mud guards

The front passenger wheel is currently off for some gutter rash repairs from previous owner will update pics when complete

17/3/16:
    Gave the car another wash and decided to fix the front bumper fitment with some hex screws

Before:

After:

Also fitted some rare headlamp covers which I scored from pick n payless at $8 each!

This is how the current spoiler sits not too happy on fitment still waiting for the day someone puts a genuine spoon one for sale lol

As for plans of this car not really working on the engine as I still have to go sit for my P’s lol, but mainly just mods that wont be affected if engine was to be swapped in near future. We will see
    Last edited by Alan V; 06-02-19, 12:04 AM.

Hey good to see you on here bro! Always wanted to have a Civic as a first car too. Nice pickup
    00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
    13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
    15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Hey little dude.

Congrats on the first car! Hurry up and get your P's!!
      Shak's S2000

Comment

Good choice of first car and colour. Good luck on your P's test!
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
          Hey good to see you on here bro! Always wanted to have a Civic as a first car too. Nice pickup
          Thanks man it took a while finding the right one hahaha but will be interesting to see what I can learn from this car

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
          Hey little dude.

Congrats on the first car! Hurry up and get your P's!!
          Hopefully by July I've delayed it for so long lol and come by one day to see the carrr plz

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
          Good choice of first car and colour. Good luck on your P's test!
          Thanks Pete itll be a while till I sit my P's but I agree too on colour heard red goes fast

Comment

Congrats on the purchase Alan! Welcome to the EG world

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
            Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
            NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
              Congrats on the purchase Alan! Welcome to the EG world

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
              Thanks Nathan!

Comment

Small Update

Haven’t updated this thread for 2 years but it’s been approximately a month since I got my P’s. Currently still own the EG just hit 210,000kms and it has gone through some minor changes. Most of it was to aid me in preparation for the driving test but here are some pictures as it sits:

- Reverted back to the original power folding mirrors with the addition of some large Supercheap Auto rotatable blind spot mirrors
                - Reverted to factory steering wheel with airbag
                - Reverted to factory spoiler with rear brake light
                - Temporary steel wheels after selling the Buddyclub P1
                - Coloured coded side door mouldings with spray can which have since faded
                - Pioneer Single din head-unit with 12 inch subwoofer, same as my brothers old one for nostalgic feelings
                - Denji Headlight upgrade with Jaycar 6000k HID kit, much brighter than the factory halogen
                - Spoon N1 muffler with aftermarket D15 header

In the coming weeks, I have plans for the EG to undergo a fresh respray & refresh with new mouldings and rubbers but that’s all for now.

Comment

Nice EG!!!.. yeeooo.. haha can't wait to see more!

Comment

Fred's loves it!
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

Welcome back! Still looking good. What happened to the sir lip? Didn't like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Devcon View Post
                        Nice EG!!!.. yeeooo.. haha can't wait to see more!
                        Thank you! More updates on the way haha

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                          Fred's loves it!
                          I bet he does hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Yue_Will View Post
                            Welcome back! Still looking good. What happened to the sir lip? Didn't like it?
                            Thank you! I still got the lip just had it uninstalled at the time in preps to make it easier for my painter

Comment

Last Update before paint, hopefully

One month from the last update, small changes on the exterior again preparing to drop off the car. The plan was to have it painted already but my painters been busy so have to wait till January.
                              I finally got around to replacing the front bumper with an uncut genuine one after being bored one day and hacking away at the previous bar. Plan was to install Tegiwa air ducts but now going with a different direction for the front end. With the bumper off, I put back the Sir lip as well as swapping over the rear spoiler to an EG6 one. NRG mirrors are also back on with some large rotatable blind spot mirrors from Supercheap auto, they fit the curvature of the mirror better with increased visibility!

In the meantime though, had a custom number plate angle mount made up from Checkerd Sports to suit the length of an Australian license plate. I really liked the look of the dimples and finish on the metal but might even polish it later down the track. Ordered some new restyled number plates as well with the previous ones hurting my eyes being damaged and too yellow lol.

Some Close ups:

Old:

New new:

For now I rarely drive the car having removed a majority of the door and window rubbers as well as the side door moldings waiting for it to get deleted and an added preventative measure taping them in case I get caught in the rain.

Photos of how the car sits now:

Last edited by Alan V; 20-11-18, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X