Shak's S2000.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 June 2016
    Thanks to Ben from 3C Labs for securing this Amuse R1 Titan gearknob for me. It is a must have item for the Amuse Fanboy like myself.

28 July 2016
    Mitch and Cameron from Sharpline Paints got to work some weeks prior to get the guards ready for me before H Nats. I decided to go through with the less common route of cutting and extending the guards, rather than the usual D.T Panels max flare (no offence intended to D.T Panels). With this particular update it is now known that the AP2 front bumper/lip combo were retired to make way for the genuine Amuse R1 Street front bumper. The guards and bumper were finished in primer for the time being. Note the guards still had to be further worked on and this was not the finished product.

29 July 2016
    Last minute alignment at Garage88 for the new wheel setup. Finally got that steering wheel true and centered. Decided to go with Garage88's "special alignment specs", rather the guy said to just trust him and go with his setup. He said he wouldn't set it up too aggressive as I had to drive the odd 650kms to Benalla and then back home. I'm curious as to what his "aggressive" setup is...

30 July 2016
    Had a pretty relaxed morning. Packed all my things into the car and drove down the road to Berty's place. From there we hung around for a bit before hitting the open road. The drive down was quite uneventful. The sound of the amuse exhaust was really overpowering to say the least. With a few stops along the way we finally made it to our motel for the weekend. After dropping our things off, we headed into town to meet up with ChargeR and the gang for dinner. Nothing beats a chicken parmy at the local pub

31 July 2016
    Woke up nice and fresh. Packed the car up for the day ahead. Quick stop at some cafe in town, saw a few other Melb CITR members there I think... Drove to the track while sipping on hot chocolate. As we drove to the track I realized the weather wasn't going to be on our side today..

Arrived at the track and signed in. Unpacked the car and headed to the drivers briefing. That was when the Mugsee unleashed his mighty wrath upon as all.. Then everyone finally shut up to listen haha

It was good to be back at Winton after a 3 year hiatus. Track conditions were not ideal but my only goal was to go faster than I had gone in the DC5R (1:51). A few guys in my group did not take the advice given at the drivers briefing and found themselves spending more time in the grass/mud than on the track. This led to a lot of reg flags while the cars were recovered (reminds me of my group back in 2013..). Overall the day was great. I walked around talking to all the familiar faces I've come to know over the years. Really enjoyed catching up with some of the OG CITR members, seeing all the s2000's out and about, and the random marriage proposal by the bravest man right at the end! After saying goodbye to everyone, we drove back to the Motel.

Later that evening Andrew, Berty, and I got some pizza and went over the gopro footage for the day. It was really funny watching Berty getting angry at himself in the in car footage.

Ended up beating my old PB of 1:50.79 in the DC5R. The new PB for my second time at Winton, and first time there in the S2000 is now 1:42.75!! Super happy with the time!

Racechrono was pretty accurate once again.

Thank you to maracer for the below video

1 August 2016
    Slept in for a bit. Then started the lazy drive back to Sydney. 7-8 hours later I got home and just crashed in bed. Thankful I was able to come back home in one piece, and that the car was great all weekend.

10 August 2016
    Dropped the car off back to Sharpline for the respray process to begin. Ignore the yellow stat write off sticker... Just a bit of fun between mates.

15 August 2016
    Car was towed to Top One for the engine bay to be stripped.

17 August 2016
    Car was towed back to Sharpline after the engine bay had been stripped.

Last edited by Shakeel; 02-01-17, 05:52 AM.
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Engine bay stripped! Doing it right Shak.

Looking forward to the end result.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Wow this escalated quickly. Nice work Shak!

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          Engine bay stripped! Doing it right Shak.

Looking forward to the end result.
          Do it once, do it right. Cheers Boss!

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          Wow this escalated quickly. Nice work Shak!
          Indeed it has Tom. Thanks!

17 August - 24 December, 2016
          A lot happened within this period. I went away to London for three weeks for my brothers wedding from the 9th of September, then spent a week in Malaysia during the F1 race weekend. I'll try to comment where possible but I do think the pictures speak for themselves.

I wasn't exactly happy with how the guards were originally so they were re-done from what they were at H Nationals.

Hot stuff!

Genuine Mugen Hardtop (FRP)

Rear guards were also re-done once more just to refine the overall look.
          Last edited by Shakeel; 02-01-17, 07:31 AM.
          Shak's S2000

Comment

Genuine Mugen Hardtop and Amuse R1 Street front bar! Shak you baller!

Can't wait to see the finished product. Reminds me of the time reading about DC5RR getting its Mugen make over
            Skibeemo.com

Comment

Quality build Shak. Nice work Shak! Diez car is also one of my favourite S2000's.
              1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

awesome updates!
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Loving this S2000!

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                    Genuine Mugen Hardtop and Amuse R1 Street front bar! Shak you baller!

Can't wait to see the finished product. Reminds me of the time reading about DC5RR getting its Mugen make over
                    You missed the amuse dry carbon bonnet too
                    That's the biggest baller item for a S2k ever!

Great work shaky!

Comment

Looking good Shak! Nice parts as well, can't wait to see the end product

Comment

damn - this is some quality stuff right here!!! great work

Comment

SHAK DOES NOT MESS AROUND!!!
                          Also, best choice of colour for S2000! and then all those parts!
                          1997 Honda Civic EK4
                          Winton - 1:34.94
                          Bryant Park clockwise - 55.58
                          Bryant Park figure 8 - 61.30
                          Wakefield - 1:10.16
                          Phillip Island - 1:55.43

Comment

Wowow so awesome shak!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

-Dusts cobwebs-
                              Shak's S2000