No announcement yet.

Shak's S2000.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. How much were the toe arms through mr streeter?

2. I didn't know you were getting the zoom mirror it's the normal shape one too isn't it not the weird shaped one. I would've got one with you!

3. I didn't even notice AP2 bar and hardtop at wtac lol :P

Comment

Nice update shak. Whats happening with the amuse bumper???
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

No wonder your car looked different at WTAC haha

Nice update Shak.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

nice Shak. how do you compare the s2k with the dc5 on the track?

Comment

Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
            Dc5 is shit. S2k all the way :P

Comment

Great build, still yet to own a s2000, so few AP1's in NZ and AP2's are way out of my price range
              93' EG5 CIVIC l 00' DC2R INTEGRA l 00' EK1 CIVIC l 04' RUCKUS

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                mate you wouldnt know till u drove one!

But on a serious note, the S2000 is a more capable car to drive on the track than the DC5, once you learn how to drive it!
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

1. How much were the toe arms through mr streeter?

2. I didn't know you were getting the zoom mirror it's the normal shape one too isn't it not the weird shaped one. I would've got one with you!

3. I didn't even notice AP2 bar and hardtop at wtac lol :P
                  Hi Todd. PM sent way back on FB haha

Gee thanks man... I show you all my private bits and still don't get your undivided attention

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                  Nice update shak. Whats happening with the amuse bumper???
                  Excuse me Peter. I don't ever recall saying I had such a bumper in my possession?!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                  No wonder your car looked different at WTAC haha

Nice update Shak.
                  Thanks Boss!

Originally posted by chaumeh
                  Nice update Shak. Hardtop looks great.
                  Cheers Tom!

Originally posted by OPTIONed View Post
                  Great build, still yet to own a s2000, so few AP1's in NZ and AP2's are way out of my price range
                  I have a cousin who lives in Auckland, he also mentioned to me about the lack of AP1's. Save up and get that AP2, you won't be disappointed!

Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
                  Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  mate you wouldnt know till u drove one!

But on a serious note, the S2000 is a more capable car to drive on the track than the DC5, once you learn how to drive it!
                  Thanks Ameer. Honestly it isn't fair to compare both cars in my opinion. Both are great in their own right but I will have to agree with Todd, and Alex. I feel the S2000 is a more capable car, and then some once you learn how to drive it to it's max potential. Then comes the satisfaction you feel once you have tamed this wild beast of a car

27 October 2015
                  Danny came over and helped me install my Works Bell boss kit and quick release. Thanks to Hau and John for this birthday present. I had troubles removing one of the torx head screws which holds the airbag in place. Ended up drilling out the head of the screw. The steering wheel is from the DC5, I really missed that NSX-R horn button.

29 October 2015
                  So the weather for the EXE trackday wasn't looking so great during the week or two leading up to it. I was thinking of actually not going at all because of the weather, also due to the fact I had to see off some family at the Airport that very afternoon. I decided I'd go anyway and stay till around 12-1pm if it was raining. I also noticed I hadn't yet installed a fire extinguisher in the car. I had my old DC5 fire extinguisher bracket but that didn't fit as it was far too short. I set myself a challenge to complete a fire extinguisher bracket in under an hour (fairly simple to make but I haven't made anything in a while). I had been feeling quite dull/mopey as of late and needed the confidence boost that I was able to accomplish anything I set my mind to;

It would be literally a 30 second job if I had screwed the bracket to the chassis with tack screws. However I didn't want to drill into the chassis and leave holes in the carpet. I already knew my desired location for the bracket, and how I'd like the actual extinguisher to sit once mounted. I also wanted to make sure that the seat travel would not be affected once the fire extinguisher was installed. Once again I had a length of spare aluminium flat bar enough to make a bracket out of so I got to work.

As I was a bit short on length (and too lazy to make a bunnings run), I decided to work my way from one side to the other so there would be very little off-cut. I noticed the S2000 seat rail bracket mounting points are a bit sunken in so I bent the bracket as such to factor that in. The actual red extinguisher bracket would have to face forward (or backward for that matter), so I twisted the flat bar about 90 degrees, allowed enough room for the red extinguisher bracket to mount, then twisted the bar back 90 degrees. I then bent the bar to suit the other end's seat rail mounting and cut the excess off. Finished off by drilling appropriate mounting holes, filing off anything sharp, mounting the red extinguisher bracket securely to the now complete flat bracket and bolting it to the car via the stock front seat rail bolts!

I did complete it within an hour surprisingly, as I had to check measurements like 9999 times. In future I'd like to spray it black or something rather as pointed out by Todd in a recent conversation we had.

2 November 2015 - EXE Crew Trackday at Wakefield Park

So the weather forecast the night before actually said there would be little to no rain at Wakefield. YAY! Met up with the Sydney guys attending the trackday at Costco Crossroads to drive down together. Once we got there I saw a few familiar faces, and cars. Was nice to catch up with Napo and Peter once again after such a long time. Equally good to see mugsee and Charger once again after seeing them at WTAC a few weeks earlier. I didn't do too many laps on the day as I left early. My main goal was to record an official PB on natsoft. The day was really well organized and it ran very smoothly. Thanks Michael, and Tom!

Sadly the timer didn't turn on during the session that racechrono recorded 1:13.26, so I ended the day with an official PB of 1:13.31. Racechrono's optimal time for the un-recorded session was 1:12.67. If you told me at the start of the year that I'd be doing laps in the 1:13's I would have laughed at you. I didn't think I could ever drive as quick as I have seeing as I still lack stacks of confidence. It's really exciting to see that there is a lot more left in this current setup of the car.

Thanks to Preet for the couple of pictures.

Endnote 2015

I wanted to end a great year of finally tracking with the S2000 on a high note, and that I did! I have loved every moment spent with the car during this year. Eleven months ago I could never have imagined what a year it would turn out to be. Participating in six trackdays over eight months is something I would never dream about doing. Made a couple new friends, learned about lot of new things with friends, did quite a few DIY projects with friends, spent a lot of money with friend (Alex), had a ton of fun at the track with friends. So thank you to all my friends

The car will now take a well deserved rest as I go over anything and everything I can think of that may have broken, or will break soon. I'm really looking forward to what 2016 brings for all of us. For me personally, I'd like to chase down that optimal time of 1:12.67 and possibly go even quicker! I'd also like to make a trip or two down to Winton if my schedule permits. Then there's also that other task of attending to that even more crowded room of parts which is starting to outgrow the spare room in my house...

Thank you to all who have been following the build thread thus far, and to those who have motivated me to keep going. I hope my bad grammar/punctuation, and large wall of texts have provided you with some, somewhat entertaining reading material. With this out of way now I can focus on that BBQ we have every November in NSW...

If you weren't bothered to read anything:

TL;DR - Buy an s2000 (or any other car but preferably an s2000), and take it to the track!
                  Last edited by Shakeel; 09-11-15, 11:16 PM.
                  Shak's S2000

Comment

I'm sure with a bit more seat time and confidence you'll easily beat that 1:12 man

No chance of circuit club in December?

Comment

Yes, we have indeed spent heaps of cash on parts haha!

Nice writeup Shakky.

I've already sent you $50 for that bracket too BTW.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Great read. Congrats on a great year Shak! To more track days and fun for 2016!

I am sure if you keep at it you'll be able to get into the 1:12's and quicker. Keep up the momentum for next year! And let me know in advance when you'll be heading up to Winton!

Also I can help you free up some space if your parts stash is getting too crowded. :P
                        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                          I didn't think I could ever drive as quick as I have seeing as I still lack stacks of confidence. It's really exciting to see that there is a lot more left in this current setup of the car.
                          In the same boat, I only turned off DSC in the last session. Great read Shak, see you in a few weeks

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Great read Shak. You make me want an S2000.

Friends ftw.
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                              Great read Shak. You make me want an S2000.

Friends ftw.
                              Get one! Clubs2k transformation will be complete then :P

Comment

Thank you to all for the kind words!

So the Annual BBQ was a great success once again. It really is an event you don't want to miss. Be sure to mark Sunday 20th of November in your calendars this year!

I know it's almost four months late but here we are in 2016! In the past four months I have made a couple purchases, and helped to do a few things on #ClubS2K member's cars. The current goal is beating the Wakefield PB time of 1:13.31 and chasing down that elusive 1:12. I'd also like to keep the car as is and go to Winton for H Nationals 2016, to hopefully go quicker than I did in my only time there in the DC5R (1:51). After that I intend on doing some guard work so I can fit bigger tyre/wheel setups more easily. Once that is done, I have intentions to respray the car. Once the car is painted I can start to install some hopefully 'go fast bits' . That's the gist of things planned for 2016. So here's to everything going to plan. Fingers crossed of course!

14 March 2016 - Velocity Car Scene Trackday at Wakefield Park

Alex was the one who told me to put my name down for this trackday mid last year. He ended up forgetting to pay his deposit and thus lost his spot... It worked out well for him in the end as his car wasn't ready for this trackday anyway. However, I had to go down on my own. My friends were also busy with work/other commitments to come passenger with me on the day. I always recommend going to a trackday with a friend or passenger in your car. It can be quite draining on your body at times and the drive back home is always a killer in my opinion. If you're traveling with someone then you can always keep an eye out on each other.

The plan for today was to slowly get back into things after four months absence from the track. I had parked in the second row of garages all by myself and was later joined by a first time trackgoer in his Suzuki Swift. After spotting Cars For Hope stickers on each other cars we had great conversations all day about Cars for Hope and many other things. I also hung out with ex "KYO" (blue DC5R) owner Shaun, and Hillest member Marco throughout the day.

The day had a late start which really annoyed me. The first group didn't get on till about 10am. The first group also had two cars leak oil on the track which lead to almost an hour of stoppage time. I was in the second group and we didn't get on track till 11am...

I was pretty much all over the place after the oil spill and once the oil dried up I was constantly being held up by slower cars on my hotlaps. I knew I wouldn't PB today so I spent a few sessions trying out new lines/braking spots for turn 2, and turn 10 which I have the most difficulty getting right. Ended the day with natsoft timed session best time of 1:14.16, and passenger session racechrono time of 1:13.6

All in all it was a good day for getting back into the rhythm of trackdays. I did come off track once when going up the hill. Majority of my left splashguard is most likely scattered across in the grass, so I'll need to get a replacement left splashguard one day . Driving the car back home in one piece is definitely the best feeling after any trackday though!

16 March 2016 - Trackschool Trackday at Wakefield Park

Fortunately Alex was able to make it to this trackday thanks to a Valentines day present courtesy of his lovely wife. Met up with Alex in the morning and drove down together. Alex and I were both put into the same group which was good I guess. The groups were well put although I found myself getting stuck behind a couple of the evo 8's. It was quite annoying as the only time they pulled away from me was on the straights . Unfortunately I was unable to put together a solid lap. I did manage to beat the current pb with natsoft timed session best time of 1:13.05.

On the last session of the day, last lap, and last turn I was on a really good lap. Sadly I let my concentration lapse and I got too excited as I kept looking to racechrono. I went in too quick and ended up sliding out a tad too much... I tried as best I could to finish the lap only to do 1:14. Racechrono optimal for that lap was the elusive 1:12.7 from November...

This was also a good day and I hope to attend the next Trackschool day in a couple weeks time. Next time I think I may grab an instructor to get a few pointers as well. Once again I was able to drive the car back home in one piece, and with a PB! If there was a downside it would be that I now have optimal times in the 1:11 range... Isn't that just LOVELY

Love this pic captured in the moment as I ripped the e-brake from EXE Crew November Trackday
                                Last edited by Shakeel; 31-05-16, 09:45 PM.
                                Shak's S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X