Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AL92's Milano Red DC2R 174 Track Inspired Build

Hey Guys and Girls,

My name is Alex, for the people who do not know me here, I owned a 2001 Honda Integra Type R DC2 in Milano Red, 12 Months ago, For some reason I had a idea to sell the car and try out something different..

So some word got out that I knew someone selling a Evolution 6 Zero Fighter, and I sold my beautiful DC2R to buy it, and that I did.. After 12 Months I decided that I was not really a EVO enthusiast as in I didn't see the car the same way others did, it sat in my garage for 6 -8 months under the car cover and got very little use..

If anyone is interested in seeing a pic ! here it is !

Long story short !

I realized what I had given away to a very lucky owner and I really wanted to replicate the feeling I had for my dc2, So a couple of months ago I started my DC2R shopping was not having any luck at all until the idea sparked to call the new owner of my old DC2R, then before I knew it, I got it back

I will provide him with so much credit towards the car for keeping it in the same state I kept it in also doing a couple of enhancements but mostly only driving it 2000k's since the purchase !

New Build

The prior time I owned the car, I kept it very standard, this time around I plan on keeping the car for many years to come and I want to come out of my comfort zone (STRIAGHT OEM) and experience the car in another way.

I have decided to go with a Track Inspired build for the car this way I can prepare it for a safe exhilarating experience on the track at Wakefield.

I will have some photo's of the car up soon ! and further information on the parts I have gathered whilst waiting to find the correct DC2.

All feed back is welcome good or bad, happy to take onboard info from our track guys!

This car will NOT be a full blown track car in reagards to modifications that are not reversible, it will have some signature features in regards to the build quality ( Engine - Suspension etc ) and some Interior/ Exterior work

Im excited to share the build with you guys and further develop my knowledge

Thanks,

Alex K

Now a little about the car..

Milano Red 2001 Honda Integra Type R DC2

Recently Installed parts..

- Spoon ridged collar kit F+R
    - Mugen LCA Bushing's
    - Mugen Number plate bolts
    - Earls oil cooler
    - Cusco break cylinder stopper
    - Brand New OEM Honda Clutch master
    - Brand New OEM Honda Clutch Slave
    - APP Braided clutch line
    - DBA 4000 Club Spec Series Front Disks
    - DBA 4000 Club Spec Series Rear Disks
    - ferodo Pads
    - Motul RBF600 fluid
    - Brand New Mugen intake
    - Brand New Buddyclub Racing Spec Coilovers
    - Brand New OEM Honda Quarter glass and mold L+R ( Old ones had a little bit of wear from age on the mold )
    - Brand New OEM Honda Badges F+R
    - Brand New OEM Honda Alloy Wiper Delete
    - Brand New OEM Honda Rear boot key whole rubber o-ring
    - Brand New OEM Honda Alloy Middle break light plugs
    - Brand New OEM Honda S2000 Clear side markers
    - Brand New OEM Honda NSX black wheel nuts
    - Brand New OEM Honda antenna plug
    - Brand New OEM Honda Ash tray cover
    - Race spec valves installed into stock wheels
    - NEW Yoko Advan ADO8-R's
    - TODA Light Flywheel
    - Exedy HD clutch system, ( 6 Spring System )
    - Brand New Mugen baffled sump
    - Spoon wiper brade
    - Brand New OEM Honda Type R-X alloy pedals ( Also have another brand new Set still in the box if anyones keen ? )
    - Brand New Mugen gear bush
    - Brand New Spoon shift linkage

Parts waiting to go in

- Brand New Alloy Carbing Front 3 Point brace
    - Brand New Alloy Carbing Rear 2 Point brace
    - Genuine Honda USDM Visors
    - Beatrush boot to C-pillar X-brace ( Thanks Berty ! )
    - Mugen Mirror cover
    - Js racing Titan Gear Knob
    - Samco rad hoses black
    - Samco Intake hose black
    - Koyo Alloy Radiator
    - APP braided break lines
    - Brand New OEM Honda Recaro dirver side bolster foam
    - Brand New OEM Honda Recaro dirver side bolster cover black + red stitch
    - Black Rays wheel nuts
    - Brand New Carbon GT3 Side Mirrors Mirrors.

Standard picture of the car, I will get some fresh ones soon, car is very dirty been doing a lot of prep for some paint !

Last edited by AL92; 12-10-14, 02:40 AM.
    sigpic

Welcome back Alex
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Excellent! Will definitely keep an eye on your thread. I'm doing the same with mine and will post up a few updated pics soon.

Comment

Thank you Shak!

Apu, im glad you still have your MR DC2R, will you be coming to the annual this year ? also keen to hear and see how its going for you You might be able to shed some light on a couple of things for me !
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome back been ages

Comment

Wow! Welcome back buddy! Haven't seen you around for ages! And I mean by on the road. Glad you got your car back!

Comment

For my track inspired build, ( I have a daily car dw ! ) I have decided to loose the interior in the rear ( Whilst still maintaining a well presented interior ). Nothing will be modified in the rear just the panels and seats will only be removed..

The work that will be getting done is

- Full respray (Milano Red, Painted in COB not Solid ) in the rear of the car blending down under the car carpet ( This coming Friday )
              - Fuel pump alloy covers will be powder coated in gun metal
              - Alloy under seat frame will be power coated in gun metal
              - Adding carbing alloy strut brace
              - Adding Beatrush C-Pillar / Boot X-Brace
              Probably impossible to find this brace brand new so, The X in the brace will be dropped off during the week to be re Chromed with the supporting bars powder coated to gun metal.. (If anyone has a Beatrush decal "original" Please let me know ! )
              - In the coming weeks, a Do-Luck floor brace.

So for the time being, its time to put my old skills to the test ( Auto Body Spray painter ) and get all the prep work done so we can lay down some paint !

** Note, The item attached to the drill that I am using is called a "Caramel Wheel" This is used for taking off double sided tape from molds, badges skirts etc. Harmless to the paint, As long as your slow on the drill and take off the tape in seconds !.

Xbrace

Quick Snap for you guys ! Will get around to the engine bay detail but for now this is what it looks like atm

More to come !
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DTN View Post
                Welcome back been ages
                I know its been so long ! , I hope you still got your DC2R I saw it for sale, I was soo temped dude !

Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
                Wow! Welcome back buddy! Haven't seen you around for ages! And I mean by on the road. Glad you got your car back!
                Cheers ! Haha yer I been in a different car driving around, Must meet up soon keen to see how your cards goin !
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AL92 View Post
                  I know its been so long ! , I hope you still got your DC2R I saw it for sale, I was soo temped dude !
                  Yeah i still got it. Think ill just keep it though, kinda hard to let it go haha.

Comment

Minor update, but a nice rare piece for some more JDM authenticity

- Unused Genuine Honda Sun Flare to be mounted to passenger side kick panel in near future..

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DTN View Post
                      Yeah i still got it. Think ill just keep it though, kinda hard to let it go haha.
                      Good Idea !!
                      sigpic

Comment

Good to have you back Alex

Definitely keeping an eye on your build!
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                          Good to have you back Alex

Definitely keeping an eye on your build!
                          Good to be back
                          sigpic

Comment

Pics of DC5 In background too please

DC2 interior should look shmick once its done!
                            S2000
                            WSID : TBA
                            Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                            Smooth As Detailing
                            Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                              Pics of DC5 In background too please

DC2 interior should look shmick once its done!
                              I think so also

DC5 is a top secret build ! We will bring it down once it is done!

Also Update..

Dropped off the items for pouder coating today and rubbed back the boot to pre-pair for some spot priming, laying down the paint this Friday and have the items back from pouder on Thursday.

Bit of bad news... The X in the beatrush bar does not fit any chroming tanks as it is alloy not steel, so I will be doing a full resto on the X, got a lot of rubbing to do in the coming days ! ><

I post picks when I fit it all up
                              Last edited by AL92; 13-10-14, 05:16 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X