Kyle's S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll look into an anti sway bar!

I tried carrying more speed into the corner but that just ended up sliding out the rear just about off the track! You and Todd are right more seat time making cleaner laps is what I think I need to work on first!

Cheers

Comment

Thanks!
      Nice meeting you haha always see your car out and about! Yeah I was all over the place the first few sessions and trying to get used to new brake pads plus they got better as they warmed up! Hopefully better times with more experience

Comment

If you want. Upgrade to the rs3 before the next track day and you will notice a lot of the rear end sliding will be gone. You'll also be able to hold higher speeds through corners with the extra grip levels. Look into alignments on s2ki as there's a lot of of things you can do there to help with the rear. All that will help as well as learning the car some more to bring times down. You'll find just like I did being your first track day that you are braking wayyyyy to early as well haha.
        Find the limit of your current set up then upgrade it's the best way

Comment

Cheers man! I think Im going to do a track day next month and continue collecting parts and put on after that day! The alignment sounds like a good idea Ill do some research on changing my alignment! Yeah I was braking way to early at the start especially trying to get used to the pads and they got better as they got worn it and warmed up!

Cheers for all the ideas and your opinion, really appreciate it!

Comment

Sounds like a good idea! Tyres and alignment will help way more than you expect!

Comment

Update

While I have some time at work I thought I might update my thread pictures will come later.

I got my 4.77 Final drive installed and I like it a lot. Don't daily drive the car yet so the slightly higher revs don't bother me. I would have liked to get it installed after track day but I was booked in already and 101 Motorsport's have been flat out with WTAC prep!

I had my second track day on the 27/09, I took the car exactly the same besides new FD ratio and tyres! I couldn't get my hands on any RS3s or RSRs in QLD or NSW no one had my sizes! Typical my luck when I could afford tyres everywhere is all out! But I managed to get some KU36 one day before track day thanks to bobjane for price matching got the tyres $300 cheaper then they originally quoted me ($1100).

Track Day Clubman Circuit QR

Car was completely different with a set of semi slicks and in my first session I smashed out a PB 2 seconds better (1:10.2) than my first track day . On session three everything was going smooth and had no traffic I managed to average an 1:08 and set a new PB of 1:07.846!!!! After that lap I was going trying to brake a little harder and ended up spinning out on turn 6 which did take out a bit of confidence out for my last two sessions. I still hit low 1:08s for the final session but with a bit more balls in braking I should be able to brake slightly later. Following Bobbys immaculate s2000 with a Js 1600 wing on the warm up lap showed just how much of a difference areo makes to the S can't wait to get mine.

Been grinding hard at work and saving every cent I got and last week I purchased some goodies I've been saying up for ages! Here's the list of things I've purchased:

Voltex Type II GT Wang
              Js Racing 70RR Exhaust System
              HEL Braided Brake Lines
              AP1 Lip
              AP2 Tail Lights
              Hardrace F&R RCA
              Hardrace Rear Toe Rods

Next to do will be:
              Brake Rotors
              Rear Pads
              Rear Brace
              Front Splitter

Comment

Wow, sounds good, can't wait to see the new mods on
                BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                NSEX

Comment

Congrats on PB. That's quite an extensive list of upcoming upgrades, quite envious.

Is there any specific reason on why you're getting the RCA and toe rods though?
                  1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

I want to get the geometry corrected since its changed when I lower the car and will also give me some more camber without the need for new arms. And with the Toe will give the car some more camber in the back which I cant get out of the stock arms.

Comment

Mannnn! That parts list! I'm jealous too!

Rear toes arms also act as a anti bump steer kit. It'll help control the rear heaps

Comment

Hmm it'd be awesome if you post up your impression on how the RCA and toe arms affect the car on track. I am skeptical on spending money on changing suspension geometry as I'm not for certain it would improve lap times or whether I'd feel a difference.
                        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Im contemplating doing another track day with the new suspension components before my wing and other bits of areo arrive so I'll definantly do a review! Also it's for peace of mind to thing for me too having RCA!

Comment

Thanks man! Oh really that'll be useful too

Comment

Update

Here is an Update following my quick trip to WTAC

WTAC was insane! As long as Im alive Im not missing another event!

Got talking to Dom from Garage88 and what was suppose to be me paying off my wing ended up buying a genuine Voltex diffuser which they somehow had in stock and also ordered a Mugen Hard Top! Will be waiting forever for the wang and top but its sure worth the wait.

Also stopped by Jdmyard and picked up a Mishimoto Performance Radiator, Hardrace rear toe arms and Hardrace driveshaft spacers. This will be this weekends task if I have time.

Various other parts arrived while I was gone;
                              PMU Rotors
                              HEL Braided Brake Lines
                              AP2 Tail Lights
                              Christoper Lai Splitter

Hopefully ill have some time to install these items when I'm not busy working two jobs!
                              Also will be sorting out getting my front bar shaved and the lip added

Next track day is the 15th of November!

Comment

Baller baller baller!

Comment

Working...
                                X