No announcement yet.

My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if youre think of getting a tune done i recommend you to go to josh from sleeping performance. his tuned my ride and im happy with it 👍👍👍 his tuning is from the ground up and will walk you through it all if your unsure about anything.

Comment

Side skirt extensions look super nice on red! Do rate!

How did you go using the tapers and mounting?
      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden95 View Post
        So awesome man!
        Thanks man!

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
        Damn pete...calling shotgun ride at the next day mate! When are you thinking of heading to winton again?
        Hm... There is a track day coming up on Queens birthday, but not certain if I'll go. If I do I'll PM you man.

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
        Nice job Peter, it's looking very neat and clean.
        Thanks Victor!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
        Ughhh! It's so nice!
        Haha thanks mate!

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
        That shaved front bumper is so gooooooood!
        Thanks Shak!

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
        👍looking good bro, shaved front and side diffusers are big winners
        Cheers mate!

Originally posted by danielj View Post
        damnnn! looking very good peter.. but what's that white stuff on the handbrake lever?! :P
        Thanks DJ, haha. That white 'stuff' is actually silver paint flakes from the gear knob. I haven't really been bothered cleaning it up yet.

Originally posted by mountfranklin View Post
        if youre think of getting a tune done i recommend you to go to josh from sleeping performance. his tuned my ride and im happy with it 👍👍👍 his tuning is from the ground up and will walk you through it all if your unsure about anything.
        Thanks for the suggestion mate. I have no intention of getting the car tuned any time soon though, but I'll keep it in mind.

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
        Side skirt extensions look super nice on red! Do rate!

How did you go using the tapers and mounting?
        Cheers Napo. I bought some tapering screws from Bunnings and installed it without too much hassle.
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Omg so clean! I need to see this in person asap! Good job man
          S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
            Omg so clean! I need to see this in person asap! Good job man
            Thanks man, rarely driving it helps keep it clean too haha.

Comment

So this is your s2k. looks sweet man!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                So this is your s2k. looks sweet man!
                Thanks mate!

Comment

My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Just spotted you in the city, cars looking real nice!
                  Brake dust, needs a wash! Haha

Comment

So tough and clean. Love it!
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Bluscreama View Post
                      Just spotted you in the city, cars looking real nice!
                      Brake dust, needs a wash! Haha
                      Thanks man haha! That's the problem with the HC+, they exhibit too much brake dust. I may consider using OEM ones for street as I still have a set laying around.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                      So tough and clean. Love it!
                      Thanks boss guy FelixR!

Comment

09/06/14 Queens Birthday Tampered Motorsport track day.

Weather was perfect, sunny with clear blue skies. Perfect weather for some PB's. However the day started with many issues. Including many cars spilling oil on the racing line, by 12pm I had only just started my second session. Not to worry though there was plenty of track time later on the day.

Onto the track day. I managed a 1:45.08 for this day. 1.6 seconds off my PB. New mods for the day was the Cusco Brake master cylinder stopper. Which I thought did it's job as the brake pedal feel was very consistent.

The issue today was my driving. I wasn't mashing the throttle through the corners as I was should be, as sometimes I would be too conservative with the throttle (slow) but when I go ape shit with the throttle the car just kicks out (alot of fun), and braking a bit to early at some corners. I'm certain in it's current configuration it can get into the low 40's zone. However plenty of track time is needed. I am considering purchasing a thick front sway bar to make the car more stable. Choices of Whiteline, Cusco and Eibach. Please feel free to suggest a FSB. I also have another modification incoming that will help with negating the oversteer, I'll update when it arrives.

I have tried softening the rear dampers but, once you go pass a certain setting the rear tends to roll a fair bit which felt weird.

My driving was fairly consistent hitting into the 45's 9 times out of 39 laps. Despite not PBing the day was very enjoyable and the car and I made it home without a scuff and caught up with some mates.

Unfortunately I have no video and Racechrono data to analyze. I will make sure I get this from now on to improve myself.

Personal notes for future reference
                        - Be smooth but not too smooth?
                        - Stop being a pansy, especially at turn 1 and sweeper.
                        - Buy a front sway bar already you cheap bastard.
                        - Get some video/racechrono data to see what I can improve on.
                        - Stop playing around with the tyre pressures and dampers. Stick to one good setting and deal with it.
                        - If no PB's try different things.. Lines, braking points, etc.
                        - Car is easily capable of low 40's.

Here are some pictures for the day.

Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 15-06-14, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Good job on your track day! I'm also looking to get aftermarket sway bars. My choice was Eibach simply because it's adjustable, but that decision was a long time ago. I'll have to redo my research on them when i come to buying one, but if I had to pick one, it would be Eibach, then whiteline . V.nice S2K man
                          Project TOPLESS

Comment

I just purchased a whiteline front sway bar but it won't be going on the car until after my next trackday.
                            I've done a fair bit of research and have found most people like the eibach and whiteline.
                            I went with the whiteline for a number of reasons the biggest being that it is a solid bar not hollow like a lot of other brands. It is non adjustable however.
                            Eibach are very good too but a fair bit more expensive than the whiteline.

I hope the other mod is what I think it is

Comment

Ps. The photo of your car on the track just got added to my s2k collection.

Comment

Originally posted by lolwtfhai View Post
                                Good job on your track day! I'm also looking to get aftermarket sway bars. My choice was Eibach simply because it's adjustable, but that decision was a long time ago. I'll have to redo my research on them when i come to buying one, but if I had to pick one, it would be Eibach, then whiteline . V.nice S2K man
                                Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                                I just purchased a whiteline front sway bar but it won't be going on the car until after my next trackday.
                                I've done a fair bit of research and have found most people like the eibach and whiteline.
                                I went with the whiteline for a number of reasons the biggest being that it is a solid bar not hollow like a lot of other brands. It is non adjustable however.
                                Eibach are very good too but a fair bit more expensive than the whiteline.

I hope the other mod is what I think it is
                                Thanks for your input guys! I'll update when I do get one, but after much thought my next mod might make the car more stable and may hold off the FSB for another couple track days.

Or maybe if I can I'll borrow a FSB for a track day off a S2K fellow to see if I like it or not, haha. (yes I am that cheap)

Comment

Working...
                                X