HUM05 - Abdul's boosted K24 DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUM05 - Abdul's boosted K24 DC2

Hi everyone, names Abdul, 20 years old and I am located in Queensland, Australia. Just wanting to share my current build, I have been building my car Ground up for about a year now and its just a few days away from its Tune. Super keen and excited. I’ve lost most of my pictures sadly ☹ but will share what I’ve got left. I’m new to all this Build thread stuff so bare with me, never got around to doing one :/ Bought the car bone stock just came with wheels. I started tracking, after the final track day of 2012 I decided to pull the whole car apart to a bare shell on stands and start from scratch. I haven’t got many photos of its current state but plenty of photo shoots are already organized so will keep updating this post ☺ hope you guy like what you see, here’s a few shots from before and after.....

instagram @abzkaraman

This is when it all began, December 28th 2012.
    Last edited by felixR; 15-01-14, 08:40 PM.

I started getting the car ready and going throw things. Organizing what i can sell and what i need to keep.

Then things got serious, Mates came over and gave me a hand with pulling it all apart and bring it to a bare shell

After a long night pulling it apart, the next morning mate and i got straight into it. removed the mount bracket, deleted ABS, PS, Hard lines for brakes, wiring pulled back and prepped the engine bay for full shaving.

After pulling it all apart i took my car to my mates shop where the bay was all shaved up

Back home after getting shaved, on stands an ready for some major work.

Comment

The Weather was getting a bit crazy and it was the storm season, so my Awesome father built me a carport. :bang:

A few days went pass, decided to work on the interior, pull all the wiring back, removed the dash, pretty much everything to prep for paint

I pretty much decided to recondition my whole brake, steering and suspension set up. I ordered the whole Hardrace catalogue, Went to the local automotive store and bought a hydro press for replacing my bushings. Also decided to give my coilover a good clean. I got a local shop to press my new wheel bearings and ball joints, did want to risk stuffing them up haha. ARP extended wheel stud were easy to install.

BIG thanks to Yonas from JDMYard for supplying most of my parts for this build, he a close mate and has helped me out a lot. im sure you guys would seen his EG and DC5

Gave everything a good clean and nice new coast of black paint

There where parts all over the house, my parents were starting to get fairly annoyed haha

Once i got all the suspension/brakes and steering sorted i went out and picked up a set of wheels ive always wanted. Desmonds

Comment

After putting the suspension back in i was able to put the car back on the ground, i also decided to do a JDM front end conversion so i didnt waste any time and got straight into it

PS. those a 255/40/17 tyres

went and picked up my new motor K24a3

Mocked up the JDM front, getting it all ready for paint.

DOWNSHIFTAUS sent a photographer to do a progress shoot on my car for a article

put the car onto the trailer and off to the painters so i can final get working on the motor.

The next day i dive straight into the motor, full service, k20 oil pump, 50' vtc, changed the gasket, main seal, clutch, made sure everything was all sweet and clean

put it all back together, connected the headers to see what itll look like, very happy with it all

Ive driven a fair bit of Kswaps, and NA just didnt cut it for me, being in australia theres only a few Rotrex setup so i decided to give it a go. so far i havent driven it yet but the installation is very simple and easy.

Comment

i had to measure up with a string to find the correct pulley belt.

The engine was all ready to put into the car but had to wait on the panel beaters to finish up on it. I was originally goign to paint it battle ship grey, but i just id do something a little different and somehting that relates to me. The car scene here in australia know me as the Kebab boy, i part own a kebab with my parents. So i decided to paint my car cream, sell DCB055 and buy these plates

HUM05 aka Hommous the dip. :dancing:

While waiting for the car i went a bought some paint and paint my helment.

here some shot of the car at the shop

finally got the call to pick her up. was so excited

the moment i got home, wheels on.

so had to get my interior out of the way. heres a few photos. very simple set up; Zeta 3 Brides
          Takata harnesses
          Haltach racepack dash
          K tuned billet box
          Password JDM carbon fuel pump covers
          PCI fixed seat rails

My bedroom before and after, had to sleep on the couch haha

Parts all gone onto the car, Had to make a shelf for my voltex wing, somewhere safe and not beside me in bed

Before and after ☺

Comment

Nathan from Fabulous came around and did all my custom fab work

The wiring of this car wasnt fun at all, Haltach is a pretty cool system tho

hope you guys like what you see and hopefully ill update this post with much better pictures as much as I can.

Massive thanks to All the FFamily boys, Yonas form JDMyard, and all my mates you know who you are

Comment

My mate gave me his BBS RS to test fit on the car to see what itll look like, to be honest i kinda dig it but the Regas will be staying on

Comment

This build is insane. Nice work on everything. How does it go at the track?
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                  This build is insane. Nice work on everything. How does it go at the track?
                  Thanks a lot man, it still in the build process. The tune should be booked in for next week will keep this post updated on figures etc

Comment

Thanks for sharing Abdul

Can't wait to have a ride in it after the tune when I'm back up there.
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

This is beyond awesome!

Comment

I remember seeing photos of this car but had no idea the work that went into it.
                        Safe to say I'm mind blown, WELL DONE SIR!
                        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                        F1 Nut

Comment

wow awesome build!

Comment

Haha good to see you on here Abdul! And yeah the bbs's did look mad 😁

Comment

Awesome build mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X