Todd's new S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phivrne View Post
    hows the steering wheel feel does it still alot forward and do your fingers reach the indicators/stalks ?
    Works bell/other companies make short boss kits to go with the quick release so this isn't a problem. I just got a normal sized boss kit as I'm 6'4 so i have long legs/long arms/long fingers just long in general.
    The longer hub allows clearance past my knees and my fingers are still long enough to reach the stalks

Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
    Dat baller steering wheel!
    I love it! It feels amazing! Using an omp wheel for daily though. Preserve the Mugen haha

Comment

part 1 of 2 has already arrived. hopefully the part 2 turns up soon

Last edited by Toddxxx; 07-11-15, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Defi Advance!?
        Shak's S2000

Comment

ooft, nice, i'm waiting on my black rapfix 2 as well, apparently they ran out of stock and had to make more =[
          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
          NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
            Defi Advance!?
            Correct

Originally posted by wongy View Post
            ooft, nice, i'm waiting on my black rapfix 2 as well, apparently they ran out of stock and had to make more =[
            Damn that sucks! Where are you getting yours from?
            I got mine from autobacs in Japan and got the last black one they had. No wait for me

Comment

From tuners group
              BNR34 Build [SOLD]
              APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
              Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
              NSEX

Comment

got bored this afternoon and decided to do a bit of DIY and remove the fender badges. wanted to do this for a while and really happy with the end result
                really easy to do. just need a hair dryer, fishing line and a rag. took about an hour all up and that was with the passenger side being a massive bitch!

before:

during (ignore the retarded hand holding the hairdryer):

after:

simple yet effective. gives a much cleaner look
                i dont know if its just me but my side indicators look as if they are crooked? :S
                Last edited by Toddxxx; 07-11-15, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Nice n clean, mine has those deleted also..
                  sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

So much cleaner with the badge delete!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
                      Nice n clean, mine has those deleted also..
                      Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      So much cleaner with the badge delete!
                      I agree! Love the look of it with the badges deleted

Comment

big update incoming
                        ill start off with the usual stuff. more parts arrived at my doorstep
                        defi advance zd package turned up last week

picked up a set of project kics r40 lug nuts

the easter long weekend provided me with lots of time off from work where i could do a fair bit of work to the car and carry out a service and prep for the upcoming JDMYARD private trackday. originally i was going to revert the car back to completely stock form for the track day but that didnt happen as i had an assortment of parts sitting at home from my trip to japan so why not take the chance to install them. none of them rally add to the performance side of things so ill still be able to get a 'stock' lap time for wakefield to refer back to and see what mods benefit the car etc

we will start up front then move our way back. cooling is a major issue with any sort of tracking to the car so with that in mind i wanted to make sure i had the s2k's cooling system up to scratch.
                        i drained the coolant and removed the stock radiator and finally got around to fitting the mishimoto radiator ive had sitting under my bed since december last year. the radiator is the x-line performance model so its a triple core radiator and double the thickness of the stock radiator.

i coupled the upgraded radiator with my js racing low temp fan switch and low temp thermostat.

fan switch is a straight forward install and goes into the bottom of the radiator. thermostat is a completely different story. coming from a b series and having the thermostat so easily accessible then going to f series is to put it nicely completely effed haha. have to get under the car and use two different positions to access the bolts holding the housing on and bend arms in all different directions to access. eventually got it done with a lot of swear words and skinned knuckles haha

i picked up a water temp sensor adapter from motorsport connections and installed that into my top radiator hose like so

having to take my intake out to install the radiator also provided me with the chance to adjust the positioning of the snorkel for my js racing intake system and make a few adjustments to the hole i had cut in the bonnet to make it fit. Finally sanded off the edges and wrapped the cut with a rubber seal to protect the paint and the intake (which already has a number of scratches on it)

next up i dropped my old oil and fitted my spoon magnetic engine bolt (haven't done the transmission bolt yet)

then it was time to install my greddy oil sandwich plate with my two oil sensors for the defi. straight forward install. choose which size o ring/oil filter adapter fits your car (universal product so comes with two of each). remove oil filter, slide on the sandwich plate and screw on the adapter thread. i would recommend fitting the sensors before installing like i did to make the install a lot easier. fit new oil filter and youre done.

next up i plugged up all the wires for the multiple sensors in my engine bay now and ran them neatly through the engine bay and through the firewall using the main loom under the battery.

the only upgrade (or downgrade) to the outside of the car came in the way of removing my side diffusers. probably not going to make much of an aerodynamic difference but like i said i want a stock time and with 4 screws holding each side in it took a whole 2mins to remove while the car was jacked up.

moving onto the interior of the car.
                        first of all i installed a fire extinguisher into the passenger footwell area. just a bit of a safety upgrade as you dont want something to go wrong and lose the whole car when it could be stopped.

repositioned my steering wheel as last time i installed it it was a little off center and these things annoy me haha

time to install the defi advance zd display and contol units
                        ive seen many different positions for mounting all the items and with the main reason for purchasing the zd over gauges being the lack of room in the s2k's interior i wanted to have all the items mounted in positions that didnt look out of factory so to say. this meant no mounting on the dash.
                        to start off i mocked up some crude mounting brackets for the items using a $1 bracket from bunnings. conveniently the holes lined up perfectly

the main controller is mounted on the passenger side of the interior inside the basket at the moment. it is easily accessible if needed and still out of the way

display unit was a little trickier to mount but again i knew where i wanted it. i wanted a central location with the info in front of me so i wasnt having to look away to see the info i wanted. as i am able to run the speedo through the zd where it is mounted is not a problem. i removed the shroud and screwed the bracket into place and remounted the display screen.

and with the car on and the display running. (note: i havent set up the screen yet but i will be running speedo, water temp, oil temp and oil pressure at all times on the screen) i love how the orange of the zd matches the orange of the cluster. gives that OEM feel that i wanted

as mentioned earlier i have a trackday coming up so a service was in order.
                        new oil was put in. i chose penrite 5w-40 full synthetic as its a suitable replacement for the stock 10w-30 and during a trackday id like to have that little extra protection of the 40 weight up top as revs will be high throughout the day. A new OEM oil filter was fitted as well.

as the cooling system was fitted i refilled with new nulon long life coolant.

did a spark plug change. replaced the standard platinum ngk plugs with a new set of iridium ngk plugs. both plugs are rated the same temp range just that the iridium were readily available, a few dollars cheaper each and offer a tiny bit better spark than the platinum series.
                        the plugs that were in the car didnt need changing after i pulled them out and were in near new condition (after checking log books the last service was done just before selling at 65500kms and i currently sit just over 68000kms. lol 2500kms in 4 months of ownership :P) its my daily i swear!

brake reliability is another factor that will hinder my track performance as im only running oem pads. they have lots of meat left on them front and rear but i bought a set of ferodo ds2500 as a back up set of pads if i need to replace the OEM ones at the track day.

thats pretty much it. all thats left to do is buy some suede racing gloves (looking at rpm) and get a wheel alignment a few days before the trackday to make sure everything is sweet and im good to go

TL;DR haha
                        Last edited by Toddxxx; 07-11-15, 12:45 PM.

Comment

those of you who are interested i updated part 1 of the japan travel diary

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...766#post274766

Comment

quick final update before my track day tomorrow at wakefield

finally got my defi gauge working to display speed and tacho. i was pulling my hair out searching for everything to figure out why it wasnt working and in the end it was such a simple thing that i overlooked it. the wire splicers supplied with the it hadnt actually cut through the insulation on the wires. 5mins later and both were working fine -___-
                            in the end though i couldnt be happier with the outcome!

purchased a js racing radiator cap as i didnt like the mishimoto one and have read a few stories of it leaking etc

also picked up a set of alpinestars suede tech 1 race gloves.

And finally got a wheel alignment done. nothing crazy just making sure everything was straight and to achieve a little bit more of a track alignment
                            ended up with -2.2/-2.1 camber in the front and -2.4/-2.3 in the rear. This coupled with a slight toe in and the car should be handling sweet well as well as it can on stock suspension and tyres/rim size

Lets go racing
                            Last edited by Toddxxx; 07-11-15, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Nice, good luck at Wakefield mate.
                              1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                                Nice, good luck at Wakefield mate.
                                Thanks mate!

First track day done and dusted. Will update soon

Comment

Working...
                                X