• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
    Wow. Love it Todd!

Wrap and new plates look awesome
    Thanks man!
    I'm loving how it looks now! I like that a lot has changed and I'm a lot happier with things but it also looks very similar to before if you're unfamiliar with the car
    Will do a write up tonight at work and add some more pics of the process of wrapping it

Comment

Well the car is finally one colour and it looks amazing!
      Seriously could not be happier with how it turned out!

If we jump back to the detail post from two weeks ago you'll notice the car is missing a few parts. I removed what I could to get a nice flat surface for buffing but then continued to strip the rest of the stuff off in preparation for the wrap. In fact the last couple of weeks have consisted of a lot of prep work.

- I stripped the car of everything that wasn't a major body panel.

- I sanded/primered and smoothed the boot lid/asm wing and rear bumper.

- I sourced and installed a rear JDM numberplate bracket and sprayed the rear of the car black to clean up the exposed areas due to the cut bumper.

- My friend Alex made a rear numberplate surround for his car and also gave me one so I cleaned that up and got that mounted.

- After removing the side diffusers I installed nutserts into the chassis to replace the tek screws they were originally mounted with.

- I got rid of the old numberplates and ordered new ones that suited/fit the new bumpers better.

After completing all that prep work it was time to take the car around to Jeremy and Johnny at Prowraps and Graphics to get them to do their thing.

This is actually how I drove the car from home to the workshop one weekday morning. Definitely was a funny drive.

After much debating I chose the Silver Metallic colour from the Avery line and a full 20m roll was ordered.
      A few people have asked me why I bothered to wrap a whole car in the same colour and why I didn't go for a wilder colour.
      The answer is simple. I liked the silver on the S2000 and I wanted to keep that simple classic look but being a track car most of the time it made no sense to spend 5-10k on a paint job that would ultimately get ruined at the track.
      Wrapping the car was the quicker, cheaper, simpler option. It also allows for a much simpler process of colour matching any new parts I order in the future.

So the colour was chosen, the car was prepped and dropped off so all that was left to do was wait for the call to say it was done.
      Being friends with Jeremy I popped round a couple of times during the week to see the car and helped out where I could.
      I've never vinyl wrapped before so it was interesting to see the process and I even tried my hand at a few flat objects.

I'll just do a bit of a pic dump for this section of different bits and pieces from the wrap process.

Rear section finished

Can really see the colour difference here

From this

To this

To this

I decided to wrap over the stickers on the wing end plates myself. I really like the end result with the voltex logo being embossed through the wrap.

And finally the car all done and ready to drive home on Sunday night.

The colour of the car now is perfect. It's actually very close to the OEM colour Sebring silver which was one step lighter/brighter than silverstone. So I've kept the silver colour I like but also made the car somewhat unique amongst the sea of silverstone cars in Australia.

This pic shows the difference between the two colours perfectly.

What I really like is that to an outsider who saw a before and after pic of the car they'd really only notice the front bumper now being the same colour as the rest of the car but if you take a closer look at the details you'll see that a lot has actually changed. The car just feels more complete now that a lot of those smaller jobs I wanted done have been ticked off. And while I'm not done with the exterior just yet the car is looking so much better than it did before.

I just have to say thanks to Jeremy and Johnny at prowraps for doing an amazing job on the car and I would definitely recommend them for all your wrapping needs.

Now to go out and enjoy the car some more

Comment

Really nice Todd. Has me thinking about wrapping my car when it's time to re-do the paintwork.

Comment

So tough!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
            Really nice Todd. Has me thinking about wrapping my car when it's time to re-do the paintwork.
            Thanks Bryan
            Imo wrapping is so much easier/better for our track cars.
            It avoids the long drawn out respray times and is cheaper/easier to maintain and it's not so painful ruining a bar that's wrapped as opposed to an immaculate spray job.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            So tough!
            Tougher soon

Comment

Such an awesome colour!
              Skibeemo.com

Comment

Best colour for an s2000! O_o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                  Such an awesome colour!
                  Originally posted by Jayden95 View Post
                  Best colour for an s2000! O_o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Silver is easily my favourite colour on the s2000. It's just a shame there is so damn many of them!

Comment

Had Jono at ISO-Media take some photos of the car the other day. First proper photos of the car since going one colour so i was very keen to have them done.
                    Beyond stoked with how the photos/the car came out

now for a big photo dump haha
                    enjoy.

started off at norwest car wash and jono and i washed our cars

then we cruised on over to lane cove national park to get some more shots

Comment

looking so tough!

Comment

Looks good man
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Love the attention to detail, awesome car todd!

Comment

Nice pictures Todd, see you at S2000 nationals next week!
                            1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

YES! +1 for Sebring Silver Metallic!!

Sadly i just sold my car though

Comment

Originally posted by ptrann View Post
                                looking so tough!
                                Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                                Looks good man
                                Originally posted by ajax_h_ View Post
                                Love the attention to detail, awesome car todd!
                                Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                                Nice pictures Todd, see you at S2000 nationals next week!
                                Originally posted by kevinnguyens View Post
                                YES! +1 for Sebring Silver Metallic!!

Sadly i just sold my car though
                                Thanks guys! Very happy with the car now

Pete, I'm so excited for winton now. Can't wait to race and see my Melbourne friends.

Kevin, that sucks! How long till you get another?

Comment

Working...
                                X