No announcement yet.

Lonewolf's Civic track toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still on its way from the US, supposed to come with a decent basemap so should be able to install it at home, drive to mechanics to assist with injector swap and update the scalings for injectors then drive to the tuner

Comment

put the hondata in to have a play.
      Bluetooth connectivity to my Ipad for data logging, cool!

I also did a comparison on the fuel/timing tables between the phearable base map and the ITR one built into the Hondata, quite different.
      Not sure which one I should get the tuner to use as the base

Comment

Update time.
        Went to Jacks Hill Climb and had a ball of fun there - despite the lack of power still ended up 11th out of 28 runners, good fun track.
        As seems to be the case my last run was my fastest.

This video was my first run, ended up going 12 seconds faster but of course forgot to video that one.

Had the injectors fitted and tune done today.
        No massive gains as expected, but a little midrange and top end - wont really see the benefits until I decide on a set of cams/springs/retainers.
        The joys of small n/a engines.

My old sr20ve did 193hp on the same dyno, but that was a 2L and had cams - if i can get the civic close to that i'll be happy.

Back to Collie in August for another day of track thrashing and hopefully a PB

Comment

Bit the bullet and ordered some goodies for the top end...

Honda spring type LMA's
          Supertech dual valve springs and K20 titanium retainers
          Skunk2 Cam gears
          DDTech stage 2 camshafts

Fingers crossed the combination makes some decent gains, the primary vtec lobes look huge.

Comment

How did you hear about DDTech?
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Honda-tech basically, his profiles are based on some proven designs but a little bit of an unknown - I got them 2nd hand (unused) at a decent price
              In the end if the cams dont perform then i'll replace them with something else, if they do then great

Comment

Make sure you get the camshaft profile card so that they can be degree'd correctly.

Also, if the primary lobe is too big, you will make a heap of power then loose out once you switch to vtec
                Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

yeah got the profile card for degree'ing, and mechanic does a lot of honda work so shouldnt be a problem

Comment

well there were numerous issues with getting the cams running, with my installer pretty much arguing with the cam designer.
                    The cam card that came with them wasnt right, then another was supplied and this was also not right

Got them installed in the end, on the dyno, tuning, played with cam gears and tuner came to same realisation as the installer that things weren't right.

Ended up making 10hp less than factory, with the exhaust gear maxxed out on advance.
                    Suspect the cam has been ground incorrectly, the cam supplier pretty much said so.

So out of pocket ~$2k all up and less power than std
                    Re-assessing my camshaft options now, should have gone with something more proven/reputable to start with but live and learn.

Comment

We have seen this before with DDTech camshafts unfortunately.

Have you looked into Rocket Motorsport camshafts before? Their M22X are great in B18C7's and are not overly expensive

Comment

I have read some bad stuff about DDtech to, but it did come from Niko's so I took it with a grain of salt
                        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I hadnt heard any of the bad press unfortunately, oh well live and learn.

I'll try and on-sell them cheap to someone in the US who might have better luck, to his credit DDtech did offer to look at them but its not worth my while given the shipping and installation costs and no guarantee of results.
                          The rocket's I am looking at, but really dont want to end up in the same situation with a smaller cam manufacturer

Comment

We have used Rocket's products and they work really well.

Combine it with a ported intake manifold and it will blow your mind

Comment

eventually will go ported, modified edelbrock or skunk2 ultra but for now just want to get the cams sorted as you can imagine

Comment

Best of luck with it. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Comment

Working...
                                X