Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo....... were you at stratty tonight? parked next to a white s2k?
    Last edited by stienerv2; 17-10-13, 09:25 PM.
    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by vtec20l View Post
      yeah those PLM headers are nice i just got a set for my EGK. Did they make much of a difference for you?
      It made a hell of a load difference. Especially mid range.
      I feel as though I have also more throttle response. Maybe cos im running the test pipe. Best things to invest in to be honest.

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
      Yo....... were you at stratty tonight? parked next to a white s2k?
      I sure was! You shouldve come and said hey!

Comment

Lol that was my mate, it wasn't actually me.

He was wondering who's blue dc5 it was lol
        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by Tiana View Post
          Maybe cos im running the test pipe. Best things to invest in to be honest.
          just wondering - you understand that it is a $22'000 fine if you are caught with no cat converter?

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/n...10601/s23.html

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/si...10601/s17.html

and by posting up pictures of the cat removal in the workshop involved - you are putting them at risk of an even greater fine ($44,000)?

perhaps consider speeding up the fitment of the high-flow cat, dont delay? these are legal and wont make any difference to the performance of the car...

EDIT: i reckon a 3in 300 cell cat + 2.5in exhaust will be perfect for your car...
          Last edited by tinkerbell; 18-10-13, 09:04 AM.
          ... retired/

Comment

Oh wow. The fine has doubled. It use to be $10,000 fine on the spot
            sigpic

Comment

High flow cats v test pipes. Little to no power difference. Google dyno run comparisons where people did it then swapped the one part out noticed less than 2hp which could just be a natural variance during runs.
              Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                just wondering - you understand that it is a $22'000 fine if you are caught with no cat converter?

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/n...10601/s23.html

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/si...10601/s17.html

and by posting up pictures of the cat removal in the workshop involved - you are putting them at risk of an even greater fine ($44,000)?

perhaps consider speeding up the fitment of the high-flow cat, dont delay? these are legal and wont make any difference to the performance of the car...

EDIT: i reckon a 3in 300 cell cat + 2.5in exhaust will be perfect for your car...
                If you read correctly, I did say I was going to run a cat and a new catback, as soon as I decide which one... and I said the plms were the best things to invest in. Not the test pipe...

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                  Lol that was my mate, it wasn't actually me.

He was wondering who's blue dc5 it was lol
                  All sweet, yeah I got so much work to do. In between studies it honestly sucks. I have merely no life.

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                    High flow cats v test pipes. Little to no power difference. Google dyno run comparisons where people did it then swapped the one part out noticed less than 2hp which could just be a natural variance during runs.
                    The plm headers felt as though they gave much more power than the XForce ones... (being the driver and noticing the change)

I just liked the idea of having no mesh involved. And because I went solid with the mounts, it was then possible to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiana View Post
                      If you read correctly, I did say I was going to run a cat and a new catback, as soon as I decide which one...
                      as long as you are aware of the consequences and the potential situation you put the workshop in

(Edit: i was also noting it to ensure that our other members are aware of the situation WRT test pipes...)

and I said the plms were the best things to invest in. Not the test pipe...
                      if you say so...
                      Last edited by tinkerbell; 18-10-13, 12:35 PM.
                      ... retired/

Comment

Surely it was easy enough to wait til you found the catback and cat your wanted before you threw the headers on.

I imagine you'll be hard pressed affording a catback while youre paying off a 22k fine. Not worth the risk at all IMO

Apart from that I like where this car is going, and I really hope you don't get pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunKElaser View Post
                          Surely it was easy enough to wait til you found the catback and cat your wanted before you threw the headers on.

I imagine you'll be hard pressed affording a catback while youre paying off a 22k fine. Not worth the risk at all IMO
                          I agree. You can still get a high flow cat before you get a catback system. Nots not like its part of the catback.
                          sigpic

Comment

It made a hell of a load difference. Especially mid range.
                            I feel as though I have also more throttle response. Maybe cos im running the test pipe. Best things to invest in to be honest
                            nice nice , and they look good aswell, im still waiting for the rest of my exhaust too be made up for the civic, still deciding either 2.5 or 3"
                            K20 Pocket Rocket Build : http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...-Pocket-Rocket

Comment

Just started following this build! Very impressed! I also am running PLM headers, over the last few years, they've gone into a nice shade of blue. Love it! Keen to see it in person!

Comment

Working...
                              X