X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiana's Type!

Hey Honda fans!

My name is Tiana (not obvious by my username), and yes. I am a girl who indeed have loved cars since I was young. I had a thing for Honda's ever since I sat in one in 2009. My brothers red type R inspired me as I pursued through the ages. My passion for cars grew even stronger and now it has taken control of my life and become my career direction.

The second I had a grab of my L's, I immediately bought a black DC5, a base model of an R, of course being that young, I never had really saved enough to buy a Type R. Then the unfortunate happened on the second day of having my reds, an accident. So that plan was a fail and it was written off -- got t-boned. Had then in no time had my second base model DC5 which was silver. About 4 months later, I decided I was going to go insane if I didn't buy a type R soon. So, I was on the hunt. I found one in WA, I always had a thing for blue, but first preference was black. I ended up buying the DC5R from Perth. Never again will I car carry a car. It was the most painful month without a car waiting for my new baby to arrive.

Didnt get many of my black DC5

My second baby

So it arrived. And here it is -- almost stock. Basic things done:
    - Injen CAI
    - BuddyClub catback
    - Lowered on KingSprings

I just wanted to say a big thank you to George (Jorge) for helping me along the way. You've been a massive help

I'll post what I have previously worked on up until now.

Thanks for reading guys!
    Last edited by Tiana; 10-10-13, 01:02 AM.

Of course, like many, the first thing a first timer Type R owner is inclined to do is sticker the hell out of the car. So literally that is what I did. I had chosen things that are easy to remove if I had changed my mind or wanted to sell it in the future.

I had many stickers to put on the car, including the big one on my bonnet -- the carbon fiber wrap (what a task!). I also then plastidipped my rims black

Comment

Then changed the exhaust to X-Force. BIIIIGGGG mistake. (changes will be made this week -- will keep you updated)
      At the same time, Got my catback 3" pipe changed. It cracked previous owner must've loved going over bumps.

Comment

Congrats on getting the DC5R.

Not really digging the stickers on the doors though.
        Shak's S2000

Comment

Yes, I know what you's are thinking. Why the hell traffic?
          Ran out of rego, had lost license for 3 months!
          Put some good ol' Federal 595 EVO's. Looking amazing. -- Downside, the plastidip is peeling off. Must redo!
          Oh and I highly recommend Wilpower Tyres. She's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
            Congrats on getting the DC5R.

Not really digging the stickers on the doors though.
            Thanks heaps
            Amen. I was a noob. I took them off recently! You shall see the major updates as I upload!

Comment

Hey Tiana, nice to see you make a thread . Looks much cleaner with no stickers
              Have a read of my build thread

Comment

I thought it was time for engine mods.
                I began with something straight forward and basic. -- spraying the rocker cover red. Not to mention how annoying this was. I ended up snapping the headless bolt that went straight through the engine. Had to go to a wreckers and scourer for one. Was fairly easy to replace I guess. Just a little tight. There always has to be at least one complication!

You can see how I did it in my DIY thread!
                http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ker-Cover-DC5R

Last edited by Tiana; 10-10-13, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                  Hey Tiana, nice to see you make a thread . Looks much cleaner with no stickers
                  I definitely knew it was time to make a thread with some of the mods that are coming up in the next few weeks. And maybe the big one early next year!

Comment

I was thinking what the next best thing to do is.
                    I broke at least 4 engine mounts in total in the past year...

So I was tossing up between completely solid Hasport billet mounts with 62a urethane or the harder rubber mounts such as Mugen or HardRace.
                    I was convinced that the harder rubber ones were better, so instead, I went solid haha.

Hasport it was!

Like the idiot I was. I decided to do it on my own, not even axle stands. Simply 3 jacks, a plank of wood and 2 tyre's in case the car fell -.-
                    Took literally 8 hours without proper tools and as I had never done it before, it was one of thee most challenging things to go through with.
                    I encountered that many complications, I honestly was going to give up. For example. The headers were in the way of getting the high tensioned bolt that went straight through the rear mounts centre -- I had to take off the headers and unhook them from underneath to get more room to get it out was thee biggest mission.

Oh well the end result is remarkable!
                    and mind you, I'm pleased as many people were claiming theres much vibration from these mounts. If anything, I had less!
                    didn't take many of the process, didn't even cross my mind in the midst of the complications!

p.s. Big thanks to Dad for helping me undo some of the impossible bolts <3

Comment

Ripped off old stickers. Yes, I know. They were ugly.
                      The decision of where Cars for Hope sticker should go, and I had already planned CITR's new sticker to go somewhere special

on both sides!

Comment

First off, welcome Tiana. You have a beautiful car and you will soon understand the magnificent engineering Honda has put into this vehicle. Wish you all the best in your modding venture. Glad a lady like yourself enjoys the mounts. Sadly to say, my missus hates them haha!

Comment

Changed spark plugs to iridium premium NGK
                          Oh and i'm finally becoming resourceful -- new toolsies!

Also, took off the bumper. Cleaning out my injen air filter tomorrow morning!
                          Next weeks goodies:
                          - Fitting the new Hybrid racing fuel rail -- MASSIVE thanks to George!
                          - PLM headers 4-2-1
                          - 18" Resonator
                          - 70mm throttle body!
                          - Maybe painting intake manifold -- at a later date.
                          Last edited by Tiana; 10-10-13, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                            First off, welcome Tiana. You have a beautiful car and you will soon understand the magnificent engineering Honda has put into this vehicle. Wish you all the best in your modding venture. Glad a lady like yourself enjoys the mounts. Sadly to say, my missus hates them haha!
                            Kind words
                            Thanks heaps! I'll definitely need all the luck I can get. It's going to be a process. I'm already obsessed with the whole thing -- literally.
                            Haha, when you break so many of them, you get sick of replacing them. Hence the love toward them. They're merely unbreakable.

Comment

A huge thank you to george!

This will be on once I get the fitments within the week
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X