Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeny's DC5R

Hello all.
    have been wanting to get back in to the Forum life for a while and have been reading here for few years now. so thought it would be great to share the history and future of my DC5R.
    In late 2009 I was offered to buy my type r from a car dealership that I had test drove 6 weeks before but had a down payment on it. some how there finance fell through and the called me and I was able to pick it up for a steal.

the day I picked it up.

since then not much has changed but only things for the best. and firstly the wheels. personally I have know idea why it had those rims and the rubber was pathetic that in the wet at 20km's would sledge around city blocks.

and the Potenza RE001's made it feel like a real car.

ill keep updating soon with what else happened.

Nice dude !

so much better without those horrid wheels.

Comment

Thanks ShauuKElaser.

on with the other improvements I have done.

first batch of updates was needed a new clutch so looked at what I could do to help that. managed to find some random Exedy Ceramic 4 puck Clutch kit. have never been able to find out much information on that as all I can find is the 3 puck version. also a intake manifold Heat shield, and as we were dropping the gearbox a toda lightweight flywheel.

Comment

recently after that had some bad news the driver side mount was rooted. so Hasport Billet Engine Mounts it was. get ready for constant vibrations lol.

all in all was a fun day they are heaps beefier and you do feel a lot more vibrations especially when idling.

Comment

Those mounts are so nice to look at.

Glad you changed those wheels!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

yeah I know were hideous and even though I dropped down to 17" enjoy the EP3s more. that was back at the start of 2010. have been thinking ill like some spacers to get them flush not sure if anyone knows how much I would need to bring them out by.

Comment

came to work one day

was one of the most enjoyable weekends with some mates installing my SKUNK2 MegaPower 70mm exhaust.

and then to top it off a Injen Short Ram intake on the same day.

makes so much more noise but it makes me smile every time I hit vtec now. just have to stop myself from doing it in works drive way. Also replaced the after market gear knob as it was from some cheap thing. ( anyone work out why the original DC5R gear knob gets stolen/missing so much)

Comment

Because people replace it with an aftermarket one lol, usually a weighted knob
                BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                NSEX

Comment

was some cheap vinyl wrapped ball that was made of plastic. so I think it was an improvement.

Comment

Awesome! Got an injen intake aswell, makes it sound so much better! Looking forward to see this thing build up

Comment

Working...
                    X