Mph dc5r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mph dc5r

Hey guys, been wanting to get better picture's of my recently purchased DC5 Type R before i posted a build thread.
    But i cant help myself i love the car so much

Story starts back in 2007 when i purchased my first Honda, which was a 93' EH9 Sedan

I ended up selling it because i was careless with it and turned it into a shitbox as my first car....

A year went by and the big thing was drifting so i went ahead and bought a 91' Silvia S13

Ugliest thing i ever bought, was a piece of shit. Young and stupid i guess. Sold it to my father later down the track because i lost my licence speeding.

I had a lot of problems with my Silvia and all the parts to buy were expensive, so i decided to go back to Honda and I bought a 92' EG Hatch

6 months down the track, A lady crossed a double white line in front of me turning into a pet store and this happened...

Getting some insurance money back and me being bitten by the bug, i had to get another Honda. Which lead me to this 96' EK Sedan

I had big plans for the EK Sedan, I ended up starting on a turbo build for the car and just lost interest. I wanted a EK Hatch instead of a Sedan.
    I went shopping for a EK Hatch, so i went to meet up with a guy to look at this "mint" black EK Hatch.
    Drove down to Slackscreek to looks at it, and what a complete piece of shit, was nothing like in the photos.

After viewing the shitty EK Hatch I headed back home and i seen 2 DC5's sitting at the lights together, 1 red and 1 black. They both cruise past and that's when i knew that's the car i wanted.

I really wanted a white DC5r but couldnt find any within my price range and i nearly folded and bought a Type S...........so happy i didn't now.
    Few weeks down the track and i ended up buying this off Jayden

When bought, the car had
    - KPro Ecu
    - Apexi SAFCII Air-Flow Converter (no idea what that does)
    - Injen Cold Air Intake
    - 5Zigen International Pro-Racer 2.5inch Cat-back Exhaust

Since purchasing the car, i have removed the Mugen front bar and Carbon Fiber bonnet.
    I want the car to look clean and pretty stock in the looks department.
    Not too sure in what direction i plan to go in for building the engine, at the moment its N/A but i might go turbo later on.

10/08/2013
    After driving my Dads EP3, i found my car lacked the "vtec kick". I Uploaded a new map into the KPro.
    The car wouldn't start, so i changed it to another map and the ecu light was on my dash.
    Checking the laptop i seen the was a vtec sensor error (cant remember the exact name of it).
    I couldn't fix the problem so i ended up putting the stock ECU and the car ran fine and it actually had Vtec.
    Someone had previously disabled the vtec error and ran the car without vtec....hard to explain, correct me in im wrong.
    I'll chuck the KPro back in once i get more parts and ready for a tune.

10/08/2013
    Honda cruise later that day

16/08/2013
    - PLM Headers arrived from Sydney

19/08/2013
    - Karcepts Fuel rail System
    - RBC Intake manifold

Last edited by 93civicsi; 19-08-13, 08:23 PM.

Congrats on the buy mate. Looks clean. I see you also have mugen side skirts.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Hau, i got the OEM side skirts but undecided if i should leave the Mugen side skirts on or not....

Comment

Car looks good mate, congrats!
        S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Clean! Love it. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Comment

looking really good mate. interested to see if you end up going turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by 93civicsi View Post
              10/08/2013
              After driving my Dads EP3, i found my car lacked the "vtec kick". I Uploaded a new map into the KPro.
              The car wouldn't start, so i changed it to another map and the ecu light was on my dash.
              Checking the laptop i seen the was a vtec sensor error (cant remember the exact name of it).
              I couldn't fix the problem so i ended up putting the stock ECU and the car ran fine and it actually had Vtec.
              Someone had previously disabled the vtec error and ran the car without vtec....hard to explain, correct me in im wrong.
              I'll chuck the KPro back in once i get more parts and ready for a tune.
              Did you go in to paramaters and uncheck "Vtec pressure switch"
              But leave "i-VTEC" on...
              this might solve your problem

Comment

Sexy car!
                Just Hit VTec Yo!!

Comment

Nice buy! looking forward to hearing what you do next

Comment

Hey guys i have been pretty busy lately, working my ass off to buy parts hahaha, 2nd year apprentice doesn't pay well to support my car addiction :P
                    Heres the updates.

26/08/13
                    - Blackworks Oil Cap
                    - Blackworks Battery Tie down

01/10/13
                    - Stock set up.

- Removing the cover.

- Stock fuel rail and intake manifold removed.

- RBC Intake Manifold installed.

- Karcepts Fuel rail and RBC Manifold installed.

After the new fuel rail system and intake manifold were installed. I felt a huge difference in power throughout whole band.
                    It hit vtec a lot harder and completely changed the sound of the engine.

02/10/13
                    - Went to Willowbank raceway to give it a run down the track. This was my first time ever going down the strip.
                    It ran 15.1 secs @ 96mph. There was a far bit of wheel spin at the starts.
                    I need to put my Kpro in and get a tune soon.
                    My Dad also came with me in his EG w/b16, ran 13.6 secs @ 99mph.
                    I didnt get a video of my run, but we did get one of his. Click the link http://youtu.be/M-k16dY1Y_w

18/10/13
                    - Got a good deal on some Stage 3 Skunk2 Cams with springs and retainers.
                    Hopefully on Thursday we should have the head off and my Dad will give it a port job and we will install the cams, springs and retainers.
                    Last edited by 93civicsi; 19-10-13, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X