The Civic 25XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Civic 25XT

As some of you know I've moved on from my trusty old Micra. It wasn't voluntary, the car just came off second best to an embankment and a subsequent rollover:

Here's the aftermath.

So it was time to look for a new daily. It had to perform the same duties as the K11; be reliable, economical, inexpensive to purchase, and respond well to repeated track use.

Ouch....
    sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

My goodness.. what an experience.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

damn.. any injury ?

Comment

That looked scary D: but loved the "Oh fuck" at the end xD thats exactly what i would say haha
          BNR34 Build [SOLD]
          APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
          Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
          NSEX

Comment

Hoping your alright Tom.

Comment

Hope your alright Tom
              Holy shit what an experience though... and the car landed back on 4 wheels o.o...
              GoPro camera even made it out okay?!

Comment

OMG that look scary hope your ok.
                ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Those things were built pretty sturdy!
                  Shak's S2000

Comment

Wow! +1 for the GoPro! It captured all the action and even detached itself perfectly!

Given that you posted this Tom, I trust all is well

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                      My goodness.. what an experience.
                      Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
                      Ouch....
                      Originally posted by erazer View Post
                      damn.. any injury ?
                      Originally posted by wongy View Post
                      That looked scary D: but loved the "Oh fuck" at the end xD thats exactly what i would say haha
                      Originally posted by Perry View Post
                      OMG that look scary hope your ok.
                      Originally posted by Norm View Post
                      Hoping your alright Tom.
                      Thanks fellas. I'm totally fine, not even a scratch surprisingly. It's not the first rollover I've been in so I like to think that I'm getting good at it. The car has recently gone to the metal recyclers, but luckily I have a work car and already had another car lined up before this incident.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                      Hope your alright Tom
                      Holy shit what an experience though... and the car landed back on 4 wheels o.o...
                      GoPro camera even made it out okay?!
                      Thanks mate. As above, I was completely undamaged, just a few scuffs on my pride. The camera was okay too, just a few new battle scars!

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                      Those things were built pretty sturdy!
                      Yeah the K11 Micra gets a bad rap with its 1 star ANCAP rating, it should get a special mention for excellent rollover performance. Maybe it's because they're already round and ball shaped.

Originally posted by Apu View Post
                      Wow! +1 for the GoPro! It captured all the action and even detached itself perfectly!

Given that you posted this Tom, I trust all is well
                      Yep thanks, all good. Just thought it might be illuminating for some people to see how it can all go wrong at the track if you make a mistake .

Here's the replacement for the ill fated Micra, an EF2 Civic 25XT Limited Edition. Complete with dings, hail damage, carbs and the faint odour of 90s JDM cigarettes. The car is quite beaten up but still has a lot of the original JDM goodies, like the different cloth interior, dash and door trims, facelifted front end etc. I'll initially be giving it a bit of a tidy up ready for RWC and then I'll convert it to manual and do similar essential mods to what I had on the Micra; steering wheel, wheels and slam. Then I'll be aiming to better the ridiculous slow times I ran in the Micra at various circuits. Probably go back to the same hill climb course where I came unstuck in the Micra just to show it who's boss.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        Probably go back to the same hill climb course where I came unstuck in the Micra just to show it who's boss.
                        This made this thread that much more interesting!!!

Comment

I had a great little EF just like this in manual!!! So much fun!!! I miss the little twin carb d15

Comment

Makes me miss the ED!

How did you find such a beauty?
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Poor Paddington! Good to hear you were ok after that Tom, looks like it was a fair shunt to do that much damage!

Comment

Working...
                              X