My daily DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daily DC5R

Hi guys been driving my 2002 DC5R for a month now and have started putting some stuff into it now. Came with Exedy HD clutch and lightened flywheels along with a aftermarket sunroof when I got the car so everything else is stock. This was how it looked:

I've put in a new front bar and 17/8+35 RPF1s with KU31s so far. Tyres feels great definitely notice the difference in grip compared to stock.

Ran into a CTR unexpectedly with black RPF1s and CF bonnet while offstreet parking with CITR stickers. Not sure who you are but hope you don't mind me posting photo I made sure number plate is blocked..

I think I also saw this car in Springvale a week or 2 ago.

Anyways I am planning engine mount and GruppeM intake soon and some other little stuff I will update here as they go in. I am not a DIY guy so sorry won't be much pictures of work being done the most I will put in myself is probably the intake.

This will be a daily streeter for now that I will track casually for fun nothing serious until/if I get a seccond car in 3 years when I'm off Ps (the new CTR sounds promising..) then I may plan to turn this into something more serious.

Thanks for reading.

nice update mate, are you still on your l's?
    good to see youve got a plan for the car
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Yes still on my L's..Put P's up for the "other" driver Never had a manual car to practice when I turned 18 so kept putting off, now definitely regretting !

Going for my license in 2 weeks so that will be remedied soon. Hopefully no trouble doing the test in this car.

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post
        Yes still on my L's..Put P's up for the "other" driver Never had a manual car to practice when I turned 18 so kept putting off, now definitely regretting !

Going for my license in 2 weeks so that will be remedied soon. Hopefully no trouble doing the test in this car.
        That's ok, by the time I learnt manual I was already on full licence (an even later starter! lol). The majority of my manual learning was in the DC5R as well XD

Your car is very clean =]

Comment

Two weeks? Lucky you man!
          I have to wait 2 more months!!!
          Goodluck I would imagine it'd be one of the best days of your life when you pass haha.
          S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

I've seen this car around a couple of times, looks real good man. I'm assuming that you are running the stock suspension set up, are you having any issues with the offset and width of the rims?

Comment

Thanks guys. Yep will definitely be one of my happiest days when I get my license.

Originally posted by dfdc2r View Post
              I've seen this car around a couple of times, looks real good man. I'm assuming that you are running the stock suspension set up, are you having any issues with the offset and width of the rims?
              There's been suspension work done to the car previously, but it is now standard or very close to it depending on how it was reverted I guess. No problems at all, feels very responsive compared to stock, rims do stick out a little so just gotta watch the kerbs.

Comment

Good luck with your test!
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Some small updates..

Got my manual P's ! Was pretty straight forward except for some stupid ped who hovered near ped crossing and I only braked didn't fully stop as he didn't look like he was crossing luckily he wasn't on the crossing so was only a error recorded but rest was smooth.

Old knob wore out too much so chucked a Mugen carbon one in.

Also this rear engine mount arrived just waiting for the other 3 now. Intake is also on its way.

I may also complete the Mugen style bodykit as I have found a supplier. After that have to decide on headers and exhaust , still a while away though will enjoy the intake and engine mounts first.

Comment

Whole lotta mugen going around....
                    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Congrats on your ps mate! One month left for me! Did you use the dc5r?
                      Nice update!
                      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
                        Congrats on your ps mate! One month left for me! Did you use the dc5r?
                        Nice update!
                        Thanks, now waiting for your turn ! Yeah I used the dc5r for the test, make sure you check 2xmirrors before indicating then headcheck after that .

Comment

Thanks, now waiting for your turn ! Yeah I used the dc5r for the test, make sure you check 2xmirrors before indicating then headcheck after that .
                          Ahh good to hear you used the dc5! Thanks for the tip, gotta get used to driving around everywhere slow now! Haha
                          S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

That gear knob looks awesome!
                            Shak's S2000

Comment

congrats! will never forget that feeling after i passed! btw iv never heard or seen those engine mounts before and iv done a lot of research.. let us know how they go!

Comment

Working...
                              X