Freakygeek's new ride - Project: NSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought It looked to shiny to be primer, still wet maybe,
    Thinking I might have to make a special trip over to see this once it's back together
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
      I thought It looked to shiny to be primer, still wet maybe,
      Thinking I might have to make a special trip over to see this once it's back together
      Yes you definitely should.

Which car would you bring? Either way it'd be fun to have a Honda gathering in town.

Anytime you wanna come down let me know man.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Had a little spare time this afternoon so I started to clean my spare wheel brace...

Before...

During..

After

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

What a difference that acid makes.
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Very nice man...
            Looking forward to the final product...
            Just curious regarding the ABS unit change....
            Will the ecu that runs it b compatible to the newer model or is there much more to just changing the actual unit over???
            my sale thread 21.01.12
            CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
              Very nice man...
              Looking forward to the final product...
              Just curious regarding the ABS unit change....
              Will the ecu that runs it b compatible to the newer model or is there much more to just changing the actual unit over???
              Cheers guys!

The old ABS unit ran a dedicated controller which was in the cabin. This gets removed and the new ABS module has the control unit built in.

Comment

Did some more cleaning. This area is being painted too but needs to be clean before prepping of course.

I love these alloy components.

Cleaned up the spare wheel bracket a little bit too.

Before:

After:

Comment

Love it. Love all the updates!
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    Love it. Love all the updates!
                    Thanks Flex.

You might even get to sit in it one day!

Comment

Bumper preparation. Removing all paint is always the best way if possible to avoid the paint cracking later from excess buildup of paint thickness.

Bumpers blasted with gernie removed much of the paint.

Front bumper had a previous repair which will be redone properly to correct a low spot. Flexible plastic filler will be used instead of conventional body filler.

I'll probably replace this bumper eventually but the timeframe and cost doesn't allow this to happen right now. (New OEM bumper is around $2k!)

Comment

Getting closer to paint! Much excitement.
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Repair in front bumper looking super smooth!

Comment

More parts primed up!

Comment

What did you use to clean the engine bay? Looks immaculate already!

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
                                What did you use to clean the engine bay? Looks immaculate already!
                                It's not the engine bay - more the 'spare wheel, battery and radiator bay'! hehehe

I used some degreaser, just a water based one diluted, various small brushes to loosen the stuck grime etc. Then a Gernie to blast it all off!

The aluminium spare wheel bracket I cleaned with an Autosmart Product called 'Ali'. Autosmart Products. It's an amazing product, takes your breath away (literally - the acid is fairly potent).

Comment

Working...
                                X